Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Frankfurt: Which Starwood? [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frankfurt: Which Starwood? [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2017, 11:10 am

Has anyone had much luck in booking an award stay via MR or UR portals yet getting the soft benefits (likelihood of upgrade, late check out, etc) of status? In this case, SPG Gold. Looking to book either the Frankfurt Westin.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by gumercindo
Has anyone had much luck in booking an award stay via MR or UR portals yet getting the soft benefits (likelihood of upgrade, late check out, etc) of status? In this case, SPG Gold. Looking to book either the Frankfurt Westin.
I think it has been discussed way too many times that bookings via third party booking sites does not guarantee you elite benefits. Could it happen? Maybe but according to the terms it shouldn't. If you want the benefits transfer to SPG from MR and then book with points...but that's not a great option.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 2:26 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Sheraton Frankfurt Congress will close end of year and not going to reopen,... I had more than a hundred stays there.... Very sad News....
Old Jul 20, 2017, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by cln
Sheraton Frankfurt Congress will close end of year and not going to reopen,... I had more than a hundred stays there.... Very sad News....
I've stayed here many times since the rates were typically much better than the SPG options at FRA airport. Hotel had issues but sad to see it go if the news is indeed true. I find it difficult to believe that it would not reopen as a hotel since there are so many companies around there that use the hotel and I've also seen a lot of tourist groups check in. Not like there are a lot of options in the immediate area that have as many rooms. I really find this puzzling as the office building on the same site looks like it is not very full so converting to offices doesn't seem like a good idea. Maybe they will demolish both and build something new.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 8:17 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Same here. I always stay at Congress as I have no need to be downtown and have rental car.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 11:06 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Congress will end participantion in SPG 15DEC.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 1:54 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Dear Mr. Thomas199023,

Thank you very much for contacting us regarding the changes at the end of this year.

I am very happy that you have enjoyed staying here so much that you really care about the future of this hotel. It was always a pleasure to welcome you here.

The Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel will be leaving the Starwood system on 31st December 2017. Another operator will continue the hotel operations in 2018. Further information will be communicated in time.
Please understand, that we cannot give you more specific information at this point.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 1:37 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Anyone stayed at Pure before? How was your experience? Had a one night stay coming up, as I will be arrival from munich by train, currently consider between this and the le meridien.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 4:04 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
Haven't stayed there, unfortunately. But the reviews on tripadvisor look great, if that is any indication for you.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:29 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Originally Posted by shevboyz
Anyone stayed at Pure before? How was your experience? Had a one night stay coming up, as I will be arrival from munich by train, currently consider between this and the le meridien.
I have stayed there. I liked it. It is a modern boutique hotel. The rooms have high ceilings and are quite nice. Bathroom is modern. Only remark is that you don't want o get the ground level room (I think is room 100). While the room itself is very nice it is directly behind the bar and therefore quite noisy. SPG Status recognition and point accumulation was no problem. Breakfast was very nice, too (you can even mix your own bloody mary at the breakfast buffet).
shevboyz likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
have an upcoming trip to frankfurt in a few months with my family....there will be 4 of us in total (my wife, myself & our 2 toddler sons)....i have been to frankfurt a few times before but my last trip was almost 15 years ago so i'm sure a lot has changed since then....

i'm considering one of the following hotels for our 4 night trip:

moxy frankfurt city center - i have a brg/lnf rate for €80 a night but the room size looks small & i'm not sure if it will be able to accommodate all 4 of us....

moxy frankfurt east - family room is available here for €85 a night but i'm not sure about the location....

westin grand frankfurt - have a brg/lnf rate for €92.62 a night....i've also attached suite night here for either the westin grand suite or the duplex suite....the location seems good although we aren't really looking to shop....

le méridien frankfurt - have a brg/lnf rate for €75.90 a night....attached suite nights for a junior suite....i've been reading some reviews about the location not being the best since its close to the train station but i stayed at another property in this area during my last trip to frankfurt many years ago & didn't mind the location at all....

for those who have stayed at these properties, which one would you recommend????
Old Dec 25, 2018, 6:11 am

With 4 people in a room I would definitely NOT go with either of the two Mozy alternatives! Westin has a lounge and I have had some pretty spacious rooms there (if your not lucky enough to have the SNA clear). At the LeM there is no lounge and basic rooms can be small. Jr. Suite is a nice suite but just know that it’s not two separate rooms if that’s what you are looking for in a suite. I’ve spent many more nights at the LeM than the Westin but that’s just me.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Originally Posted by christianj
With 4 people in a room I would definitely NOT go with either of the two Mozy alternatives! Westin has a lounge and I have had some pretty spacious rooms there (if your not lucky enough to have the SNA clear). At the LeM there is no lounge and basic rooms can be small. Jr. Suite is a nice suite but just know that it’s not two separate rooms if that’s what you are looking for in a suite. I’ve spent many more nights at the LeM than the Westin but that’s just me.
I second that.
The Westin has become an excellent choice in the last years.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by christianj
Originally Posted by LH738

I second that.
thanks....will stick to the westin....
Old Dec 25, 2018, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by LH738
I second that.
+1 Was very happy with both of my stays here. The hotel is very convenient to the S-bahn and you can be here in <30m from the airport. Or take a taxi which is a little faster and reasonably priced. The location is within walking distance of 100s of restaurants of all shapes and sizes plus convenience stores (a biggie for me).

Originally Posted by SunshineStay
Some options:
  • Westin
    • Foor good German food go "Zu den 12 Aposteln" in Elefantengasse, which is a 3 minute walk away.
Great call, thanks! Close, open late, excellent service and the food was delicious. Was a little wary of the outdoor bench seating (communal) but ended up meeting some very interesting people.

Another option for traditional German food is Paulaner am Dom which is a few blocks away. Very reasonable and large portions.

Can't wait until I have another layover here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.