Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Frankfurt: Which Starwood? [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frankfurt: Which Starwood? [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2011, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I was at the Congress last night, upgraded to an Executive room. They didn't say anything about free mini-bar, but all Plat's get a choice of treats which include snacks and drinks. I chose the fitness option which had a Gatorade type drink, two energy bars and an apple.

I didn't see any suites on the top floor (13) plan. All the exec rooms seem identical.

As noted in another thread, street parking is very easy here after 6pm. Lots of spots right in front of the hotel last night. ^
shevboyz likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 8:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by skrosvik
No suites at the Sheraton Congress?? They have listed business suites, superior suites and executive suites on their webpage.

I am considering staying here sometime in March. I read from the room descriptions that their executive rooms and suites have complimentary minibars. Any word on this? Is it complimentary also on upgraded rooms (per SPG Platinum upgrade)? Is it restocked every day?
I think the hotel has suites but the number has to be VERY limited. This platinum has never gotten one and every time I have asked they said there weren't many and those that they had were sold out.....always get one of the executive rooms mentioned.

I don't recall a complimentary minibar but I did get the choice of goodies the first two times I stayed there but not last time.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 10:29 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles PM, Starwood SPG Platinum, Hilton HH Honors, UA MP Silver, EK Skywards Silver
Staying in Frankfurt in a couple weeks time, for just over a day and looking for a property that is comfortable, and convenient in terms of transportation (mass transportation). I'll probably have a couple rooms since I'm with a group. What do you fellow SPG members recommend? I'm a Plat so a place with good upgrade records is always appreciated.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 8:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by stylo4444
and convenient in terms of transportation (mass transportation).
Are you looking for mass transit to get around in the city or mass transit to get from Frankfurt to other places? I stay at the LeMeridien Parkhotel all the time and it is right across the street from the Hauptbahnhof (Main train station) in Frankfurt which will get you anywhere by train. If your looking for mass transit to get around the city then I'm not sure. The LeM and the Westin are within walking distance of the main shopping area. (Westin definitely closer but LeM easily doable unless you can't walk distances.)
Old Mar 7, 2011, 8:41 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles PM, Starwood SPG Platinum, Hilton HH Honors, UA MP Silver, EK Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by christianj
Are you looking for mass transit to get around in the city or mass transit to get from Frankfurt to other places? I stay at the LeMeridien Parkhotel all the time and it is right across the street from the Hauptbahnhof (Main train station) in Frankfurt which will get you anywhere by train. If your looking for mass transit to get around the city then I'm not sure. The LeM and the Westin are within walking distance of the main shopping area. (Westin definitely closer but LeM easily doable unless you can't walk distances.)
Something close to the city that can get me around places and to the airport. I originally was looking at the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport, but finally settled on Le Meridien after much thinking. It is next to the main station, so it's good for convenience. I'm looking forward to it!
Old Mar 7, 2011, 9:27 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Originally Posted by stimpy
II didn't see any suites on the top floor (13) plan. All the exec rooms seem identical.

As noted in another thread, street parking is very easy here after 6pm. Lots of spots right in front of the hotel last night. ^
The Sheraton Congress has no suites. The only different rooms are the ones with the balcony facing to the forrest.

Parking on the street is really easy. No need to pay 26€ for the garage.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Do suites and club floor rooms still get Bvlgari toiletries at the Westin?
Old Apr 11, 2011, 7:41 am

Programs: AA EXPlt, SPG Plt, Nat EE
At the Westin, the Duplex suite gets 2.5oz/75ml bottles of Bulgari.
The regular suites get bottles of Bulgari half that size.

The rest of the club level (6th floor) gets regular Westin.

I've spent 5 nights this week (including this post) at the Westin with a quick trip to in between. Started in the duplex suite and finished my stay in regular suite. Interestingly, the bedding is different. Much more "heavenly" in the duplex suite.

Also, on 2 separate days house keeping failed to replace any toiletries. It turns out that the maids carts only have normal Westin stuff and the Bulgari is locked away. The housekeeping manager personally replaces the Bulgari in the suites. I thought that was a bit odd.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 10:54 am

Programs: AlFursan, AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Avios, Bonvoy, All
Originally Posted by caspritz78
The Sheraton Congress has no suites. The only different rooms are the ones with the balcony facing to the forrest.
I recently stayed in the Congress room 1204 which is a 2 room/2 bathroom/2 balcony suite with long entrance hallway and small coatroom. turn right, end of hall, faces the forest and stables.

Decent Indian Restaurant next door.

Cheers
Old Jun 19, 2011, 1:50 pm

For the beds I also experienced that in other westin suites but I think is because less people slept in it.

For the toiletries: In Frankfurt you steal everything that is easily moveable can be made to money

The sheraton congress has 6 suites

Originally Posted by BigBopper
At the Westin, the Duplex suite gets 2.5oz/75ml bottles of Bulgari.
The regular suites get bottles of Bulgari half that size.

The rest of the club level (6th floor) gets regular Westin.

I've spent 5 nights this week (including this post) at the Westin with a quick trip to in between. Started in the duplex suite and finished my stay in regular suite. Interestingly, the bedding is different. Much more "heavenly" in the duplex suite.

Also, on 2 separate days house keeping failed to replace any toiletries. It turns out that the maids carts only have normal Westin stuff and the Bulgari is locked away. The housekeeping manager personally replaces the Bulgari in the suites. I thought that was a bit odd.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 1:04 am

Programs: AlFursan, AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Avios, Bonvoy, All
Originally Posted by charder
For the beds I also experienced that in other westin suites but I think is because less people slept in it.

For the toiletries: In Frankfurt you steal everything that is easily moveable can be made to money

The sheraton congress has 6 suites
Stayed at the Congress last night, front desk advised that the 11,12 & 13th 'Executive Floors' now under heavy renovation....will be finished in September. I asked if a lounge was planned, the answer from front desk was .....no lounge.

Can't wait to see the renovated rooms...a pity about the lounge, would be a great addition!~
Old Aug 9, 2011, 9:35 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
On a recent weekend @ Sheraton Congress
had 2 rooms booked and got upgraded to 2business suites.
Welcome gift for both rooms and dink vouchers for all guests.
Nice stay... much better experience than at the Westin. And it's a quick trip by S-Bahn into center.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 5:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by caspritz78

Parking on the street is really easy. No need to pay 26€ for the garage.
Of course they do have suites. I got on all my three stays there a suite upgrade @:-) There is no free mininbar
Old Sep 30, 2011, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA General Member, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Silver, Hertz 5-star Gold
I stayed at the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport last month. It was just fine and it is literally connected to the airport. The food in the restaurant was ok, but not great. It was funny to be surrounded by americans.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 3:38 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Am debating between the Sheraton Congress and the Sheraton Offenbach for a quick stop driving from Holland to Austria. Which one is nicer?

Both are about the same price and are both along the route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.