Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Times Square [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2004, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by neo_781

* Club Lounge - spartan breakfast. choice of cereal, 2 juices, tap water, bagels and limited pastry selection (No bottled water or coffee cups to go).

*Rooms - unimpressed. The few that I have seen are small.

-club level: Bose waveradio clock, molton brown, bottled water, heavenly shower

-other floors: standard alarm clock, westin soap, no water, heavenly shower
Planning an upcoming stay here. Is it worth an extra $20 for Club Floor--sounds like club floors are on lower floors (more noise), but are slightly larger and have nicer amenities. The breakfast doesn't sound too promising. Club Floor also includes free health club access. I am a lowly corporate preferred at *wood--how much would they charge for gym?
Old Oct 5, 2004, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by miAAflyer
Planning an upcoming stay here. Is it worth an extra $20 for Club Floor--sounds like club floors are on lower floors (more noise), but are slightly larger and have nicer amenities. The breakfast doesn't sound too promising. Club Floor also includes free health club access. I am a lowly corporate preferred at *wood--how much would they charge for gym?
I had a 5 night stay there last week.

The CLub Floor/Starwood Preferred Guest Floors are not all low level. I was on the 39th and 41st floors, which were both SPG level.

The breakfast and evening snacks are satisfactory. Alcohol is on a "honour system" and limited to one red and one white wine.

Breakfast is bagels and cereal, along with juices, Starbucks coffee and pastries. THe lounge is open all day and your are able to help yourself to bottles water and a variety of soft drinks.

Would recommend paying an extra $20 for these benefits, plus the gym.
Old Oct 6, 2004, 1:03 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
As a Platinum, don't they upgrade you to the club floor if available?
Old Oct 6, 2004, 5:16 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum

Yes, they upgrade platinums to the club level if available.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 8:56 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, HHonors Silver, United MileagePlus, Jet Blue TrueBlue
Westin New York Times Square [Master Thread]

Hello. I searched and found much info on this hotel but I have a unique question. Staying there one night (Oct. 29) for my wife and my 9th anniversary. We are Gold Preferred and are using points for the free night. Normal room is 10K in points but we upgraded to the club level for an additional 1500 points. We requested a higher club level floor and a corner room.

Now I hear that the club level is between floors 10-16 (or something like that) yet this is a 40+ story hotel. My wife and I always like to stay on a higher floor...especially in a loud city like NYC!

Is it worth it to redeem 11.500 for the lower, yet club level, floor? Or should we redeem 10K for a regular upper floor room. Anyone have any thoughts?

Also anyone had sushi at their Bar 10?

THANKS!
Old Oct 15, 2004, 9:13 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I had a lower level club floor room when I stayed there (Room 1126) and had no problems with noise. It is a new building and is well insulated. The only noise I ever heard was the guy snoring in bed next to me

I think it is worth the additional points to have club level access. The breakfast spread was nice in the morning and the evening appetizers were decent. I also liked that the alcoholic beverages were only $5 (beer/wine) in the club lounge verses much steeper prices in the bar downstairs. The bar downstairs is vey nice and you should at least stop by for a cocktail.

I don't mind the lower level rooms because in lots of high rise buildings my cell phone seems not to work on the higer floors.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 11:13 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL Gold, Marriott gold, HH gold,SPG gold
We stayed there this past summer and opted for a higher floor instead of the club level. For the life of me I can imagine what they were thinking when they put the club level so low. With all of the amazing views in NYC, you would think that they would understand that the Club level customers want to be higher. If you are on the club level, dont expect to see anything outside your window except other buildings. In any event, you need to make a personal choice between club access perks (breakfast etc) and views of the city, the rivers and even NJ. We took a high floor, corner room (on 8th ave and 42 street) with views of down town and NJ and didn't regret it for a minute The corner rooms give you double views and are very nice.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 5:07 pm

Just stayed a there and was upg to a club level room on the 16th floor. Had reserved a room "with breathtaking views". Now the view of that upgraded room consisted of an A/C exhaust pipe and a gigantic vent in front of the Reuters building through 2 tiny windows. As they were "oversold" they told me there was nothing they could do but would move me the next day.

Next day our room was on the 34th floor with a nice view of the Empire State (but only if you stand right next to the tiny window) but half the size of the club room (one of the smallest hotel rooms I've ever stayed in) and with a connecting door to the next room (the Mrs hates connecting doors). Got what I wanted but wasnt too sure if it was smart trade (lost the free breakfast and water).

Maybe the W TS next time?
Old Oct 16, 2004, 1:49 am

Programs: QF WP, Hilton Diamond
Howdy,

Was just there two weeks ago. All I can say was that it was an "amazing" experience. (I am being sarcastic)

Room 1: Got put in an accessible room as hotel was full - even though I had booked over a month earlier. Could not upgrade/change room.. But they had to when the door lock failed on day 3 - so badly we were waiting outside when a guy was trying to break into the room after all of their unlocking contraptions had failed - using stiff wire under the door. (was quite impressed that the door systems are that secure).

Also had no heavenly shower - actually it had been replaced with something else - which was quite funny, yet the instructions for the heavenly shower were still hanging on the other shower head.. :-)

Complained to Manager.. No suites Available

Room 2: Got moved to a Corner Room (well was meant to anyway after complaining about the accessible room). - It was GREAT - and had Moulton Brown goodies rather than the dull new Heavenly Shampoo etc.

Logged onto Net - so thought I would find out if any suites Available - Yes there was. Rang Plat Number to complain - got fobbed off, were meant to call me back, didn't - called back again - said that they could do nothing except call the hotel, but they could not get through... Just totally useless, makes you wonder why you bother. Asked to speak to someone who could do something at Plat - said that no one was available or could do anything..

Went to front desk, and they found suite. (Ha - that is a good one eh! - when there are none available)

Room 3: JNR Suite. Smaller than the corner room, small windows, little light, low floor. Then Went back to Room 2.. (No Moulton Brown either)

Anyway - would I stay there again.. If they would guarentee me a Corner Room, other than that - not on your life! .. Did not try the Bar or any of the food places.

Then moved onto W San Fran - no problems, nice, friendly, and good sized rooms, and great food and bar.

Then onto Tokyo Westin - and all I can say is the service was fantastic, room was Acceptable, but the Plat/Club floor included Breakfast at their restraunts (or room service!), and unlimited drinks (yes, including good wine, champagne and spirits and cocktails) b/w 5pm and 7pm. Will be back there in a few weeks..

Just my thoughts, hope they help.

Stuart
Old Oct 17, 2004, 9:10 am
kjl

Programs: DL Gold AS MVP BA Blue
Originally Posted by prncess674
I had a lower level club floor room when I stayed there (Room 1126) and had no problems with noise. It is a new building and is well insulated. The only noise I ever heard was the guy snoring in bed next to me

I think it is worth the additional points to have club level access. The breakfast spread was nice in the morning and the evening appetizers were decent. I also liked that the alcoholic beverages were only $5 (beer/wine) in the club lounge verses much steeper prices in the bar downstairs. The bar downstairs is vey nice and you should at least stop by for a cocktail.

I don't mind the lower level rooms because in lots of high rise buildings my cell phone seems not to work on the higer floors.
I stayed at TS Westin for several times. Noise isn't a problem at the lower floors. I was staying there during the Columbus weekend. They put me on the 40th Floor. The cellular phone didn't work.

If you like to use the health club, the club level room includes it.
Old Oct 17, 2004, 12:38 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
My favorite rooms are the corner rooms that end with 09.
Old Oct 26, 2004, 6:33 pm

From an email I just received:

Sunday Stays in New York for just $125!

To reserve your stay, simply book online!

In honor of Daylight Savings, we are giving you one extra hour to book your Sunday night stay! Book a hotel room at The Westin New York at Times Square beginning at 9:00 a.m. (EST) on October 28, 2004 and pay only $125 per room for Sunday night only.

Rooms must be booked before 10:00 a.m. (EST) on October 29, 2004 for Sunday night stays between November 7 - January 30, 2005.

May be booked for 25 hours only. Click on "BOOK NOW" or mention rate plan SUNDAY when calling 888-627-7149.
The "Book Now" button goes to a URL with my SPG number in it, so I'm hesitant to post it. The booking screen says "DAYSAV" for "Special rate plan." Booking over the phone should be fine, however, and there's no mention of this being a targeted offer.

(By the way, I just stayed in this hotel a couple weeks ago and had a great time!) Hope this helps someone.
Old Oct 27, 2004, 5:00 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
It definitely won't let you book the rate now, so I will post when it starts becoming available on 10/28 and see if it works. I wouldn't mind a few Sundays there instead of the Hilton.
Old Oct 27, 2004, 6:54 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Unhappy

Westin has probably made a grevious error, especially since it's a Daylight Savings promotion: EST doesn't start until Oct. 31 , except in 85% of Indiana, which uses EST year-round. Surely they mean EDT .
Old Dec 4, 2004, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold

When looking under "promotional rates" at SPG.com for a Feb stay at Westin TS, there was a rate available called "Slumber Party Package". The rate details were as follows:

Slumber Party Package Includes: Welcome Amenity Is A Bottle.Of Wine On Arrival, Deluxe Snack Box For 4 People Per Stay,.And 1 Complimentary In-Room Movie Per Night...Web Booking Bonus** 25% Discount Off Additional Rooms Up To 2.Rooms Booked At Best Available Rate. Gst Must Present.Certificate Upon
But there is no information on how to book these additional rooms at the discount. I tried booking two rooms, but it just multiplied the original promo rate X2. I booked the first room and called the Platinum concierge and they had no idea, transferred me to web help desk. They couldn't figure it out either and just said to book the additional room, print out the rate details, show it at check-in and they would give me the discount at check-in.

So my questions are:

-Is this reliable? Can I count on getting the discount? Obviously booking at BAR is more expensive than the promo rates available but if you take 25% off it's much cheaper.

-The second room I'm booking is for one day more than the room booked at promo rates. There are no T&C's that I can find, so don't know if they have to be booked for the same length or if there are any other restrictions.

Anyone have any knowledge of these type of promo rates?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.