Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Neues Schloss Privat Hotel Zurich, Autograph Collection, Switzerland [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Neues Schloss Privat Hotel Zurich, Autograph Collection, Switzerland [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2017, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by Zol
Neuess Schloss is much better located close to old town and the lake but its a small boutique hotel with no facilities. The Sheraton and Marriott are further out to the industrial area
FWIW, the lake was a huge plus for me during my stay at the Sheraton Schloss. There is nothing like waking up early in the morning to go for a walk along the beautiful lake dotted with swans swimming by. It quickly became my morning routine every day. I would return in a heartbeat, no question.

For a quick one-night sleepover, however, I would probably choose the new Sheraton (cheaper and relatively easier reach from the airport).
travelista likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 6:32 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
No updates in this thread since 2017.
Is this hotel still without a lounge ?
Old May 5, 2021, 8:40 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
I was looking for hotels for next weekend and saw that the Sheraton Neues Schloss will be rebranded "Neues Schloss Privat Hotel Zurich" under the Autograph Collection label for August 2021. Didn't know it was under remodeling currently...

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ph-collection/
Old Oct 19, 2021, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by enelym1978
I was looking for hotels for next weekend and saw that the Sheraton Neues Schloss will be rebranded "Neues Schloss Privat Hotel Zurich" under the Autograph Collection label for August 2021. Didn't know it was under remodeling currently...

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ph-collection/
Now slated to open in November and taking reservations from Nov. 1. I'm scheduled to check-in on Nov. 8. Hoping it is open by then. Begs the question, what will the hotel (or Marriott) do if the hotel is not open? I'm on a points stay.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 4:50 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Hyatt Privé, Impresario, Four Seasons, Marriott Stars, Rosewood Elite
Anyone stay at this hotel after the renovations? I'm booked for over Christmas but not seeing many data points to work with. Used a 50k cert and hoping to get upgraded to one of the suites.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 6:58 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Hyatt Privé, Impresario, Four Seasons, Marriott Stars, Rosewood Elite
Update: found out I got upgraded to the 2nd biggest room type on the app with Platinum status automatically without even asking the hotel. I think it’s classified as a junior suite. This was the most modern and beautiful hotel room I have ever stayed in, really loved the furnishings! Location is decent as well, right next to the Park Hyatt, and 1 min to the lakeside. Would recommend to anyone staying in Zurich!!
Old Jan 6, 2022, 12:33 pm

Programs: IHG One Rewards & World of Hyatt
Originally Posted by flyingpigcorner
Update: found out I got upgraded to the 2nd biggest room type on the app with Platinum status automatically without even asking the hotel. I think it’s classified as a junior suite. This was the most modern and beautiful hotel room I have ever stayed in, really loved the furnishings! Location is decent as well, right next to the Park Hyatt, and 1 min to the lakeside. Would recommend to anyone staying in Zurich!!
Awesome to hear of such a good stay review! They've done a great job on the reno from what I've seen, so am glad the stay experience lives up to it too.

Old Mar 30, 2022, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What did they renovate? Looks the same online.
Does this hotel have its own gym or does it still charge guests to use a nearby health club?

Last edited by SkyTeam777; Mar 30, 2022 at 3:40 pm
Old Jul 11, 2023, 2:23 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
What did they renovate? Looks the same online.
Does this hotel have its own gym or does it still charge guests to use a nearby health club?
Still charge, think it’s around 30 per day
Old Jul 18, 2023, 1:59 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
2 night stay

Had a 2 night stay using points, as rates were around 700 + per night.

Was there during one of the warmest days and the AC could not keep the room cool. They said it was some Zurich or Swiss law or regulation, worst 2 nights of sleep of a hotel stay in 2023. Just came from the Ambassador Zurich of a 2 night stay and the room was ice cold, so nonsense.

There was acknowledgment of status, but nothing more. Breakfast was ok, had the usual stuff. There was a buffet and then I could order hot items like eggs, waffles, etc.

No welcome note or gift, but always a nice touch esp when in Switzerland, maybe a chocolate or two per night as the Ambassador did.

The hotel was not welcoming, at least to me, one section there is a small sitting area but the hotel layout is just not well designed. I would highly recommend elsewhere. The Park Hyatt is nearby, 100x times better.

Avoid at all costs imho.

Happy to answer any questions.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 11:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Interested to get any recent feedback from the group on this hotel. Can't find any in-depth reviews online. Trying to decide if I should spend 220k Bonvoy points for 3 nights here or 145k Bonvoy points on the Renaissance a couple miles up the road.

Don't see the value in paying 221k points for the nearby Marriott
Old Aug 23, 2023, 9:11 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I just wanted to chime in - many reviews mention that the AC at this hotel does not work. I checked in a bit ago and was told the AC works now. I would agree that the AC in the room seems to be working decently by European standards, and it is 91 F / 34 C outside.

Review coming tomorrow.
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 11:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
I ended up booking it for a few weeks from now, I'll have a full review as well.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 11:20 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
I ended up booking it for a few weeks from now, I'll have a full review as well.
Yeah, I've been sitting here for a couple of hours - the AC definitely seems to be fine - I'm not sweaty. They claimed (and apologized for) not upgrading me, but they gave me a room in the corner that has this massive terrace (looks like the only one with this as there are four floors above me sans terrace).
dgreen12 and friedablass like this.
Old Aug 25, 2023, 1:37 am

Overall, I enjoyed Neues Schloss quite a bit - though, admittedly, I had quite low expectations due to poor reviews of AC quality. Here are my pros, cons, and photos:

Pros:
  • Bed was comfortable - plush mattress, plush pillows, decently plush covers
  • Shower pressure was good - pretty strong from the rainfall head
  • Biscuits and fondue left in the room - the fondue wasn't melted and was intended to be taken home, but the biscuits were good
  • Staff was friendly - made sure I left my bags at the entrance and didn't take them up the stairs myself, etc.
  • Had to ask, but they didn't have a problem with 2 PM checkout
  • Elite breakfast was quite good - small buffet and selection of a la carte items included - really enjoyed the fluffy pancakes, and the omelet and pastries were good, as well (oddly, I didn't even mind the bacon)

Neutral:
  • While they told me they didn't upgrade me due to full occupancy (didn't confirm online), my room was in the corner with a large terrace over the roof of the rental car facility at street level below - this seemed to be a unique room placement and got lots of natural light
  • While the AC couldn't be controlled, it worked decently by European standards - I wasn't having sweat problems here
Cons:
  • Shower door didn't seem very effective at keeping the water inside the shower
  • WiFi was a tad flaky on certain applications
Overall, I would have no issue returning here - though, Zurich as a destination is a bit too pricey for what is on offer.

Photos:

​​​​​​

Hawwk, TerryK, Melville and 6 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.