Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Neues Schloss Privat Hotel Zurich, Autograph Collection, Switzerland [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Neues Schloss Privat Hotel Zurich, Autograph Collection, Switzerland [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2007, 9:23 am

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Sometimes or more often there is even no air condition...

All in all it is a no go area for me, if Zürich then Sihlcity!
Old Nov 8, 2007, 1:22 pm

Programs: LH M/M now,BA Silver,SPG PLAT, Sixt Plat/Europcar Elite VIP
For zurich stop over, stay at the airport hotels!!

Originally Posted by MKB
IBecause of this, I've discovered the Movenpick at the airport. It's a much nicer hotel -- with very cheap rates on otel.com -- and I've found it's easier to be based at the airport when doing a stopover as the hotel is very close to a train station into town should I want to have a night out in Zurich.
I too stayed at the movepick following my stay after my company strongly recommeded not to stay at the Neue schloss due to value for money, it was a rip off!but hey, I was trying to top up and get an upgrade... how disappointed was I just by the welcome there???
Much better service, much better room and easy to get to for the airport!

Last edited by zerbib; Nov 8, 2007 at 1:45 pm
Old Nov 8, 2007, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Plat
I'm another who couldn't wait for the SihlCity to open and have since stayed there 5 or 6 times rather than darken the door of the Neues Schloss again.

It is almost as if they deliberately put Platinum members through the mangle as I have had the identical experience to others. Checked in reasonably late in the evening to be given the world's smallest hotel room, you could hardly walk either side of the bed. At check-in I had explicitly asked if they had an upgrade for me and I was told they were totally full and this was the last room available. On seeing the room I went back downstairs and amazingly enough he found another room, about 50% bigger than the previous one but still not great but I was too tired to argue further at that point.

Highly recommend the SihlCity - it is easy to get to on the Tram from the Central Station and all the rooms are large (being a new-build). They even deliver a half-bottle of Verve to your room as a Platinum with some mini-toblerones (and also give you the 250pt amenity bonus). Breakfast however is an unmitigated disaster in the restaurant and I'd avoid it like the plague!
Old Nov 8, 2007, 2:46 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by ant_west
Checked in reasonably late in the evening to be given the world's smallest hotel room, you could hardly walk either side of the bed.
Sounds like the room I got. My suitcase was sitting on the floor in the doorway as there wasn't anywhere else for me to put it.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
It's too bad to hear this about the property. I've never been there, but had some friends (SPG Plat) who recently were there; they are very low-key, but strongly insisted they would never return.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 7:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Angry

If this is the kind of treatment SPG platinum going to get when staying at this hotel, I am going to cancel my upcoming reservation. Maybe staying at Hyatt Zurich till this hotel gets its act together for my future travel to Zurich.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 12:58 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
We just spent 3 nights there using are 50% point off reward and if I had read this thread would have used it at Silhcity or saved it for use someplace other than Zurich.

We received a room where the bathroom was so small we had to literally stand outside the bathroom in the narrow hall to dry ourself off after taking a shower. There was no tub. I wonder if they call the narrow hall the connecting room the website claims to be availble in some rooms.

What bothered me was there was no "Club, Executive, or health club access" for a Platinum member as they were "not available." Was told there was fitness club a couple of blocks away that I could visit for a fee. Put my tennis shoes on and ran in the light rain by the lake.

This was our fourth leisure visit to Zurich. Will be the first and last time at the neues schloss. As someone mentioned above - only if you're traveling with your laptop do you find out if they have not upgraded you and we just don't carry around our computer for leisure trips.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 7:09 am

Well, you've convinced me. Headed to Zurich the week but it won't be to stay at this property. Thanks for the good advice and saving me some frustration, not to mention carrying a laptop!
Old Jul 27, 2008, 12:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, MR LTP, others from cards
I got a huge "junior suite" room on the top floor with a balcony on my only back in 2005. I liked the place then -- maybe a change in staff?
Old Jul 27, 2008, 1:01 pm

on our last trip to Zurich (2006) we stayed at this hotel and we got 2 huge junior suite on the top floor( one for my parents and the other for myself). we had no problem at all and it was a very nice stay.
Old May 16, 2009, 11:31 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
In 2005/2006, threads about this hotel were positive. These recent posts since 2007 are quite the opposite. I'll be there this coming week for one night on a point stay. I sure hope I don't need to pull out the laptop to beg for an upgrade.... Right now I'm booked in the lowest category room described as "1 double, 1 person only, shower only". This sounds like the tiny room type most have received. Yet, there are exec. rooms, junior and 2 rooms suites still available on my night. I'll keep an eye on that inventory.

Any recent experiences in the last few months?
Old May 16, 2009, 4:40 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by PHL
In 2005/2006, threads about this hotel were positive. These recent posts since 2007 are quite the opposite. I'll be there this coming week for one night on a point stay. I sure hope I don't need to pull out the laptop to beg for an upgrade.... Right now I'm booked in the lowest category room described as "1 double, 1 person only, shower only". This sounds like the tiny room type most have received. Yet, there are exec. rooms, junior and 2 rooms suites still available on my night. I'll keep an eye on that inventory.

Any recent experiences in the last few months?
Definitely a shoebox sized room for sure and I'm not making it up if you don't get upgraded from what you booked.
Old May 16, 2009, 11:26 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

well, then I'm glad it's just me and it's only for one night....
Old May 16, 2009, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Beware of the sliding bathroom doors. I had a nasty little accident with these because my hand could not get out of the way of the door in their small rooms the last (literally) time I was there.
Old May 21, 2009, 4:52 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, my one night stay on points was as good as I could have hoped. I checked my reservation on line the day before and saw my room type was already upgraded to a junior suite. I arrived at the hotel around noon and the reception was very welcoming and quick to point out (without me asking) that they have upgraded me to a junior suite on the top (5th) floor with a balcony.

She gave me the option of choosing an amenity, to which I chose points. They also provide a card with some other options on spending points, like 2250 for breakfast. They have a note that they value each 750 starpoints at $10 USD, making the breakfast slightly more than $30. I guess that's about average for a Sheraton breakfast.

Wired internet in the room is 25 CHF (right now, that's about $23 USD with the exchange) per 24 hours, or less for shorter periods.

The suite has an average size bathroom that isn't tiny like the ones in the standard rooms apparently are. The floor only has 5 total rooms and it appears they are all suites, with 503 (the one I had) being the same as the room across the hall. The other 3 suites are much larger, according to the floor plan.

There are not 2 rooms, but rather just a large sitting/work area set off from the bed. While I had a king, they basically put two twins together and covered them with one sheet set.

Overall, I enjoyed it and would stay again. The location near the lake is nice, and it's easy to get places throughout Zurich.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.