Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Neues Schloss Privat Hotel Zurich, Autograph Collection, Switzerland [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Neues Schloss Privat Hotel Zurich, Autograph Collection, Switzerland [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2009, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by sink
For a cat 5 hotel, this place is really stinks (literally from the new paint smell in the room). I really hate new paint smell!!! When I got to the room, the workers left some kind of polish in the bathroom, which I have took to the front desk myself. I was upgraded to an "excutive room", which I thought it would be a decent sized room; of course not. At least my room is a king bed made up by two twins. I heard my neighbor calling front desk to complaint about hot water and the size of his room and his twin french bed. Location is decent, easy walk from Zurich Enge station (you can take the S-2 direct from the airport), or tram stop 6, 7, or 13 couple of short blocks away. I will give Zurich 4points a try in two weeks.
Stayed a night at the 4P last week and loved it. As a Platinum, got a full one bedroom suite (#347) overlooking the courtyard at Sihlcity. Very modern, sleek. Very Westin style - if not for the 4P signage you would never know. ^^
Old Sep 29, 2009, 6:31 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Entire hotel fully rennovated from Sept 2009 !

I recently stayed in the Sheraton Neues Schloss Hotel in Zürich (Zuerich).

The hotel was completely closed in July and August 2009, and in a record 2 months they completely redid the ENTIRE hotel - all guest rooms, all common areas, bar, restaurant....basically everything except the outside facade and outside signage.

So if you stayed here anytime prior to Sepetember 2009 you will not recognise anything indoors.

The rooms are a HUGE improvement and are now worth the money or points you pay for them.^^

However, strangely enough, the official website AND the TV menu in the rooms still show the old room photographs.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 3:53 pm

is there a concierge lounge there? If so comments

Thanks
Old Oct 24, 2009, 9:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.113 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by jerseygirl
is there a concierge lounge there? If so comments

Thanks
Nope, and no free breakfast for Platinums or anything like that.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by troyb
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.113 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Nope, and no free breakfast for Platinums or anything like that.
no indeed. had a fine stay, though, upgraded to a suite w/o pushing, took 'local amenity' instead of points (i had heard it was chocolate) and got three toblerones. tasty. suite was refurbished, looked out onto an uninteresting courtyard but was quiet and nicely appointed. free wifi in the lobby, which is always good, although there were plenty of folks smoking down there.

one note, if you have a car--parking is expensive, 40 francs a day (roughly $40).

front desk staff friendly, helpful and speaks excellent english.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 8:40 am

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
We just returned from a buitiful stay in Zuerich. We only stayed one night just to have a quick tour through the city.

I booked a standard room and received an upgrade to Juniorsuit which was perfect foor us. The rooms are newly renovated and a really in that kind of style how I like it and really to feel like being at home. The baatchromm was very nice as well and I reall like the colours of the stones. Also here daylight through a big window was available.

We stayed in the evening in the restaurant which belongs to the hotel. It was nice food ander the service done by Andrea was really nice and we had wonderful conversation later on. The prices as usual especially for the drinks Beer and Wine are really overpriced. Sorry guys!

The hotel is quite small and out of this there is no lounge available. Computer with internet access can be used in bar area at check-in. W-Lan is not available by the hotel and must be booked over Swisscom by CC.

We will come back into this Hotel for sure. Thanks!
Old Aug 9, 2010, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, HH Silver
Decent stay

Just spent a night at the Sheraton Neues Schloss (free weekend night award) Overall, I liked the hotel - no major issues.

Check in went fine, received the usual platinum spiel (welcome, choose award, etc.) There is no lounge, but they offered to comp us breakfast in the restaurant to make up for it (literally offered - I didn't request anything.) They also gave us a free drink coupon each for the bar - not necessary, but nice. I was told we received a room upgrade, but the room wasn't anything special; bed/desk/bathroom. But it was what we needed, so no issues.

Location-wise the facility seems pretty good (we were just staying the night before flying out; ~15 minutes from the airport) at least for a vacation; we were able to walk (5-10 minutes) to the shopping district where there were a handful of restaurants.

Someone mentioned lack of internet; I don't think there was WiFi, but there was wired internet connections in the rooms and a computer area right outside the bar. (they did try to charge me for internet, but waived the fee immediately when I reminded them it should be free.)

My only real complaint was the parking, which in the end was painless (just park in front of hotel, go inside and check in and they valet it away for you), but it wasn't clear what the process was so we ended up driving around the block three times before giving up and going in to <gasp> ask (40CHF+tax/night for the record)

The facility was clean, employees were friendly (let us into breakfast early so we could get out on time - great breakfast buffet, by the way), and I'd stay there again.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 3:40 am

Programs: Marriott Silver
Staying at the hotel right now. Overall, I find it a mixed bag.

First, is Zurich traffic always this horrible? It took us an hour from the Zurich outskirts before we were able to get to the hotel. Stop and go traffic, and then even being delayed by what seemed to be a Free Kurdistan march of some sort. Once we got to the hotel though, check-in was smooth, with parking in front of the hotel per TriNorm's advise and one of the staff members then took the keys during check-in to valet it. There seemed to be some confusion about my reservation during check-in, which was one FWN and one cash&points reservation combined but I'll see during check-out if that was resolved.

No upgrade was available, but I did receive the standard King I had booked with help of the Manager before the visit since only twin beds had been showing online. The front desk claimed no suites available and only an executive (main difference-bathtub) for one night of the stay, though the website would of let me book an executive for both. Ultimately not worth pushing unless for a suite though.

The size of this hotel makes it more suited to be a boutique hotel than a Sheraton, and as such, misses some things I thought previously had been brand standard, such as a Fitness room. When I enquired about it, I was told they were too small for one. I was not told if any agreements existed with fitness clubs or other hotels if this existed. The bar was also deserted on a Saturday night, while I was told it was open and they would call someone over to make a drink, I was also pointed towards the Park Hyatt across the street, which ended up being too packed and stylish for a few quiet-ish drinks. The room service menu was also quite bare for after 11:30pm, despite the promise of an all-day menu (all-day, until 11:30 that is!).

As mentioned before, Platinum Recognition is outstanding with the free drink coupon and breakfast making up for lack of a lounge. In the dining room, there is an area set aside for platinums with white tablecloths, flowers, and sparkling wine to make Mimosa's. The (normally 39Fr) buffet also includes made-to-order eggs, fish fingers, or porridge if you so choose.

For a hotel of this size, service has been outstanding and combined with the location is enough for me to not move to the Four Points. Breakfast service was amazing, an extra duvet and pillow was brought up within minutes after calling down for one after midnight (a task Sheraton sometimes is not great with), and maid service was done late morning after we left for breakfast with no problem. The front desk had Weeekend WSJ's available and promised to send off postcards for us without any problem.

As a side note, the great room that isn't as small as I imagined would be (I believe they consider it a corner) still looks great after last year's remodel. However, the old-old-school Sheraton-branded bath amenities (ugly bottle with cap, light blue bath gel) were in the bathroom and the other half has come to expect the Shine products which are good enough to not bring her own. After some confusion at the front desk, they were able to produce the new Shine shower gel and shampoo ithout much problem.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 2:44 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, CX MPC Gold, Hilton Hhonors Gold
Question Transportation from ZRH to Sheraton Zurich Neues Schloss Hotel

FTs,

Looking for suggestions to go from the airport to the Sheraton on a Sunday morning (flight lands at around 10am). Trying to find something more economical than the 65 CHF taxi suggested on their website. (There will be 2 of us with 2 suitcases).

(Will be returning to the airport on a Tuesday morning if that makes any difference).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by Iamhappy
FTs,

Looking for suggestions to go from the airport to the Sheraton on a Sunday morning (flight lands at around 10am). Trying to find something more economical than the 65 CHF taxi suggested on their website. (There will be 2 of us with 2 suitcases).

(Will be returning to the airport on a Tuesday morning if that makes any difference).

Thanks in advance.
There is a train station right at the airport with connections approximately every 10 minutes to the Hauptbahnhof (main downtown Zurich station) taking about 10 minutes. Directly outside the station you can catch the tram (6, 7 or 13) to Stockerstrasse. Just make sure you are heading in the direction towards the lake. Tram map can be found here: http://www.zvv.ch

From there it is a few minutes walk. I've stayed at the Park Hyatt a few times recently (pretty much next door to the Sheraton) and this has always been how I have gotten there.

I believe the tram is included in your train ticket from the airport to city. The cost I recall is 6 or 7 CHF.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 8:46 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, CX MPC Gold, Hilton Hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by speedytimmy
There is a train station right at the airport with connections approximately every 10 minutes to the Hauptbahnhof (main downtown Zurich station) taking about 10 minutes. Directly outside the station you can catch the tram (6, 7 or 13) to Stockerstrasse. Just make sure you are heading in the direction towards the lake. Tram map can be found here: http://www.zvv.ch

From there it is a few minutes walk. I've stayed at the Park Hyatt a few times recently (pretty much next door to the Sheraton) and this has always been how I have gotten there.

I believe the tram is included in your train ticket from the airport to city. The cost I recall is 6 or 7 CHF.
Thanks speedytimmy for the info. Made it to the hotel without any issue (apart from having to go up the stairs with our suitcases to get to the trams, when there is an escalator about 20 metres away, which we didn't see).

As an aside, we were upgraded to an Junior Suite which is one of the better hotel rooms I have seen in Europe. Breakfast in the restaurant turned out to be one of the best meals we had in Switzerland...

Thanks.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 4:41 am

Programs: Starwood Lifetime Platinum; Hilton HHonors Gold; United Premier Gold
Stayed at this hotel last week, loved it!

It was my second stay here (first time in '08), but this was the first time my wife was with me. We paid 17K points to get an upgraded room with a balcony, got a corner room, and my wife was very happy with the sunny balcony. I knew she would not have been happy with the very tiny room I had by myself back in '08, but my needs were quite different on that particular trip, just needed a place to crash to sleep then.

My wife is also quite challenged with visual impairment issues, so the hotel's proximity to the lakefront was a huge plus. As a Plat, the free breakfast was a huge cost savings in very expensive Zurich, and we were astonished at how good the buffet breakfast tasted, everything was super fresh, high quality, and lots of choices.

Front desk was very helpful and accommodating.

That said, bring your wallet to Zurich, because nothing is inexpensive here. I went through money as if it was water.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 6:21 am

Programs: LH M/M now,BA Silver,SPG PLAT, Sixt Plat/Europcar Elite VIP
Improvements?

So obviously things have improved? interested to note then that Breakfast is now included for Plat guest? and no WIFI? They should really have parking allocated next door in the carpark as the Hyatt being opposite has underground parking..
Old Jun 30, 2011, 8:10 am

Programs: Starwood Lifetime Platinum; Hilton HHonors Gold; United Premier Gold
I forgot to ask about wifi, though the wired connection in my room was free, since I am Plat.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by Iamhappy
FTs,

Thanks in advance.

a) take the local train (S-Bahn) from "Zürich Flughafen" to "Zürich Enge" and then the tram #13 or #7 to "Stockerstrasse" (2 stops)

b) take any train from "Zürich Flughafen" to "Zürich HB" [main station] and take then the tram #7 or #13 to "Stockerstrasse" (3 stops)

you may either purchase a one way ticket or a hour ticket. the Zurich tickets (ZVV tickets) are valid for all means of transportation (i.e. train, bus, tram, boat, funicular)

the time table for the public transportation is here and the information about tickets is here. zurich airport is in zone 21 and zurich is in zone 10 (counts as two zones). there is absolutely no need to take a taxi in zurich. public transportation is safe, reliable and relatively cheap compared to taxis! enjoy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.