Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Neues Schloss Privat Hotel Zurich, Autograph Collection, Switzerland [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Neues Schloss Privat Hotel Zurich, Autograph Collection, Switzerland [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2016, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Keyser
is the breakfast free for plat members or do you need to give up the 500 amenity points????
bumping up the breakfast question again....

also, i was looking to use snas to upgrade my room & it turns out that both the senior suites & the junior suites are available if i do a day by day search during my 5 day stay but no suites are available if i do a 5 day search....
Old Jun 20, 2016, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
bumping up the breakfast question again....

also, i was looking to use snas to upgrade my room & it turns out that both the senior suites & the junior suites are available if i do a day by day search during my 5 day stay but no suites are available if i do a 5 day search....
Not a big surprise. If they have eg 3 suites there might be always one of these available for a certain day, but not one specific suite for five days:

X - O - O - O - X
X - X - O - O - X
O - X - X - X - O

Or would you expect other guests to change suites to accommodate your request?
Old Jun 20, 2016, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Not a big surprise. If they have eg 3 suites there might be always one of these available for a certain day, but not one specific suite for five days:

X - O - O - O - X
X - X - O - O - X
O - X - X - X - O

i'm sorry but your theory makes no sense....the non-smoking king bed junior suite is available all 5 days if searched individually....but not if searched for 5 days together....same thing with a non-smoking king bed senior suite....if i do a 7 day search (1 day before my stay & 1 day after my stay) then a junior suite is available for the entire length of the stay....that proves that a particular suite type is available during my stay period....so i'm pretty sure i'm not asking other guests to change suites to accommodate my request....

also now there are no rooms available if you do a 5 day search....but if you do a 2 day search followed by a 3 day search then the same room types become available again....
Old Jun 23, 2016, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer

X - O - O - O - X
X - X - O - O - X
O - X - X - X - O

my suite nights cleared....
Old Jul 4, 2016, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

just finished a 5 night stay here last week & was very impressed with the property....

my your24 request was denied but the property let me check in at 10am in any case....

room was upgraded to a junior suite with the help of suite nights....i was initially not too keen on using suite nights for a junior suite but was very happy with the room in the end....was traveling with my wife & 2 little kids so the extra space in the room was greatly appreciated....the wrap around balcony was great & we used it daily in the evenings....

there was a welcome amenity of fruits & chocolate waiting for us in the room & they brought us another fruit basket the following day....

breakfast was fine even though the choices were limited & they served the same thing every morning....we could however order any type of eggs we wanted....we ordered room service a couple of times as well & while the food was on the expensive side, the quality was very good....

my ambassador had reached out to the property in advance to let them know we would be traveling with 2 small children & they provided infant cots in the room free of charge....

the staff was very friendly & always willing to lend a helping hand....they were knowledgeable about the area & made some good suggestions for restaurants & places to see....

the only negative was the wifi connection....it worked fine for the first 3 days but became unstable on day number 4 & stopped working completely on day number 5....

all in all, we had a great stay & would not hesitate to go back whenever in the area....
Old Aug 30, 2016, 10:28 am

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
Thanks for your update Keyser. Do you have any backgrounds on the wifi issues? Were they structural or was there a lightning strike or anything like that?

I'm considering this hotel for a stay in September, but paying 300 USD/night for a hotel in Europe with disfunctioning wifi would be a bit too much for me.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by arjen05
Thanks for your update Keyser. Do you have any backgrounds on the wifi issues? Were they structural or was there a lightning strike or anything like that?

I'm considering this hotel for a stay in September, but paying 300 USD/night for a hotel in Europe with disfunctioning wifi would be a bit too much for me.
there was some road construction work going on around the hotel at the time & they said they were having internet issues because of some wiring related to that....i didn't push it too much because i had data access on my phone & since i was on vacation i could do without internet on my laptop for a couple of days....
Old Aug 31, 2016, 2:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
I'm a regular at the Sheraton Zurich. It's a great hotel - large rooms and good staff. The only problem is it's noisy from the railway. I didn't get much in the way of sleep last night.

Would regulars recommend the Neues Schloss? I stayed there once about a year ago and the room I was allocated was extremely small and not renovated. Have things improved? What should a Plat 100 expect in terms of upgrades?
Old Mar 19, 2017, 6:45 am

Programs: CHASE UNITED CLUB; CITI PRESTIGE; IHG SPIRE AMBASSADOR; RITZ-CARLTON GOLD; Global Entry
I will stay in this Sheraton on Apr 17th 2017. I do have the lounge access, if there is one.

Does it have a lounge?
Any benefits for a gold member (from Ritz Carlton Gold match)?
Old Mar 19, 2017, 4:02 pm

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by ylord789
I will stay in this Sheraton on Apr 17th 2017. I do have the lounge access, if there is one.

Does it have a lounge?
No.

No..
I don't know...
Old Mar 21, 2017, 9:15 pm

Programs: CHASE UNITED CLUB; CITI PRESTIGE; IHG SPIRE AMBASSADOR; RITZ-CARLTON GOLD; Global Entry
Then i made a bad choice staying in this Sheraton.

Thanks very much. No lounge? Then I have to pay for the breakfast.
I would likely do better in a Marriott. Most Marriotts in USA provide free breakfast for gold members.

Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylord789 View Post

Does it have a lounge?
----

No.

No..
I don't know...
Old Mar 21, 2017, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ylord789
....Most Marriotts in USA provide free breakfast for gold members.
But Zurich is not in USA.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Tossing up whether to stay at Neuess Schloss or Sheraton Zurich or Zurich Marriott. What are people's thoughts on the comparison?
Old Jul 1, 2017, 3:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum Elite, DL PM (MM)
Originally Posted by Isochronous
Tossing up whether to stay at Neuess Schloss or Sheraton Zurich or Zurich Marriott. What are people's thoughts on the comparison?
Similar thought/question - 1 night stay, flight the next AM.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 11:50 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Neuess Schloss is much better located close to old town and the lake but its a small boutique hotel with no facilities. The Sheraton and Marriott are further out to the industrial area

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.