Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Annapolis, MD [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Annapolis, MD [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2005, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*
Arrow Westin Annapolis, MD [Master Thread]

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/050426/265856.html?.v=1

Press Release Source: Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.

Westin Hotels Sets Sail into Annapolis, MD
Tuesday April 26, 1:07 pm ET
Scheduled to Open in December 2006, The Westin Annapolis Will Bring Upscale Travelers to the 'New' Downtown Annapolis

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 26, 2005--Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: HOT - News) announces a franchise agreement with an entity formed by Jerome J. Parks Companies and The Carlyle Group for a new 225-room luxury hotel under its upper-upscale Westin brand as the centerpiece of a new $200 million mixed-use development project, Park Place of Annapolis, MD. The 12-acre development will also consist of two five-story Class "A" office buildings, boutique-style retail, cafes, restaurants, and 208 luxury condominium units. A state-of-the-art performing arts center is also being planned for the project. The hotel will be developed by JBJ/Carlyle Park Place, L.P. based out of Annapolis, MD and will be managed by Davidson Hotel Company based out of Memphis, TN.

The Westin Annapolis will be located in one of the most historically significant cities in the nation and the one-time capital of the United States. Annapolis is brimming with living history and is also home to the United States Naval Academy, founded in 1845, which sits on more than 400 acres on the banks of the Severn River. Additionally, Olympic sailors who train in Annapolis consider the city "America's Sailing Capital."

"This hotel is a great new addition to the Westin brand," said Sue Brush, senior vice president, Westin Hotels & Resorts. "Its close proximity to the heavily trafficked Washington-Baltimore corridor is a perfect location for the business traveler conducting meetings in the nation's capital. At the same time its scenic nautical environment and its picturesque Colonial-era charm makes the city an ideal destination for vacation-goers."

"The new Westin Annapolis is destined to become a landmark of architectural splendor," said Jerome J. Parks, President of Jerome J. Parks Companies. "Not since Annapolis was the capital of our young nation in 1783 has such attention been brought to the city. Annapolis is very deserving of this phenomenal development and the Westin brand is a perfect complement to this exciting Park Place project."

The Westin Annapolis will be a stately, 225-room full service hotel offering the signature services, design and products that guests have come to know from Westin. The main entrance will face the lively inner pedestrian plaza and central clock tower. Hotel dining will cater to a sophisticated clientele highlighted by a nationally-known third-party restaurant. The hotel will feature 13,000 square feet of meeting space including a ballroom, ideal for social and business events. The hotel will also be equipped with the brand's new WestinWORKOUT Powered by Reebok fitness center.

Westin brings its upscale products and services designed to deliver unmatched comfort and outstanding service in an environment characterized by an elegant, calming and subdued sense of style. Westin's signature Heavenly Beds will be featured in every room, providing guests with the ultimate in comfort and the best night's sleep possible. Sumptuous, stylish and plush, the all-white Heavenly Bed consists of a custom designed pillow-top mattress set; a cozy down blanket; three crisp sheets ranging in thread count from 180 to 250; a comforter; luxurious duvet; and five of the best pillows in the business. Since making its debut in 1999, the Westin Heavenly Bed has reached near iconic stature, and sparked a bedding revolution in the hotel industry that continues to rage. More than 19 million guests have tucked themselves into a Heavenly Bed on the road including thousands of politicians, sports icons and celebrities.

The Westin Annapolis will also feature the brand's other "heavenly" product -- its highly acclaimed Heavenly Bath, which includes a custom-designed dual showerhead that provides guests with a therapeutic shower spa, featuring several spray options, from light mist to massaging needles and a curved shower rod that adds an extra eight inches of elbow room.

Source: Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2007, 7:57 pm

Programs: US Gold, NW Silver, MR Silver, SPG Gold & OpenTable VIP
Anyone know what the status is on this hotel opening?
Old Jul 18, 2007, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Appears to be opening in early August, just booked a room for later in the monht. Is this hotel on the waterfront?
Old Jul 19, 2007, 2:56 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Appears to be opening in early August, just booked a room for later in the monht. Is this hotel on the waterfront?
It is not on the waterfront, or even really within walking distance. It's is however on a fair-sized, in-town road with several good bars and restaurants, and is a short drive from anywhere else you may want to be in Annapolis.

Also happens to be across the street from my company's home office, so I hope to be logging some stays there myself.
Old Nov 11, 2007, 12:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
I'm booked there over Thanksgiving; if I haven't posted a report within a few days after, please PM me with a link to the thread.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA1K, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
I'm thinking of staying here at the end of Dec. Any reports yet?
Old Feb 27, 2008, 6:36 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
Westin Annapolis Report

I arrived last night at around 11pm.

Despite the earnest efforts of the person at the front desk, there was nothing to upgrade me into besides a King top floor room. As I don't have any reference points, I don't know whether this room is typical though it does appear to be the same size as the other standard rooms per the room map. The room is pretty small and the bathroom is tight. The room itself is likely not more than 275-300 sq ft. The bathroom has most of the standard Westin accents and fixtures. One odd thing though is that whatever extra space there is in the bathroom is behind the door/in front of the toilet rather than being by the sink where it would be useable.

The room has new furnishings and new carpet, which is a nice change from some of the Westins that have seen some wear and tear.

Platinum touchpoints:
- Status recognized and ammenity offered
- Free Panna water (one) on SPG - 6th floor.
- Solid attempt at upgrade
- There are only 5 suites apparently (don't know if this means Standard Suites or All suites including the Presidential, which is two doors down from my room)
- The 'accessable' room on the 6th floor looks to be interestingly shaped and likely larger.
- No free breakfast

Other:
- Coffee maker in room
- No hot food service past 11pm (this was an inconvenience for me)
- Morton's on site
- $10 parking self/$18 Valet

Overall a decent hotel and I haven't stayed at the Sheraton so I can't compare it. I will add more if there is anything else over the next few hours prior to my departure.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 7:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by Score8
I arrived last night at around 11pm.

Despite the earnest efforts of the person at the front desk, there was nothing to upgrade me into besides a King top floor room. As I don't have any reference points, I don't know whether this room is typical though it does appear to be the same size as the other standard rooms per the room map. The room is pretty small and the bathroom is tight. The room itself is likely not more than 275-300 sq ft. The bathroom has most of the standard Westin accents and fixtures. One odd thing though is that whatever extra space there is in the bathroom is behind the door/in front of the toilet rather than being by the sink where it would be useable.

The room has new furnishings and new carpet, which is a nice change from some of the Westins that have seen some wear and tear.

Platinum touchpoints:
- Status recognized and ammenity offered
- Free Panna water (one) on SPG - 6th floor.
- Solid attempt at upgrade
- There are only 5 suites apparently (don't know if this means Standard Suites or All suites including the Presidential, which is two doors down from my room)
- The 'accessable' room on the 6th floor looks to be interestingly shaped and likely larger.
- No free breakfast

Other:
- Coffee maker in room
- No hot food service past 11pm (this was an inconvenience for me)
- Morton's on site
- $10 parking self/$18 Valet

Overall a decent hotel and I haven't stayed at the Sheraton so I can't compare it. I will add more if there is anything else over the next few hours prior to my departure.
To piggy back off this report:

I was there for one night (check in 1/24/08) > Was given rooom 624 which is a room near the elevator (I didn't mind) where the hotel *bends* so my room was large but odd shape with a king bed; some funky love seat sized piece of furniture that I used to put my bag and coat.

A pretty good size desk with a coffee maker on it. IIRC it was SBUX (or at least another quality brand) too and a flat screen tv was also on this long desk. Bathroom was not anything special to me.

Internet access was $10.55; No b/f coupon or anything provided and I did ask and was flat out refused. I got "two" water bottles on the house.

Parking is $10 but can not be charged to the room as its a city lot I guess and I paid with a CC on the way out. No in and out except with valet.

A full fledged starbucks is next door so that was cool for me.

Just an added FYI, I was at the Sheraton the night before and had a standard room on the 3rd floor; Club lounge was on the top floor. It was nice if you got there early as the food was not replaced once it was devoured. The parking is free. Not much else to say about this property.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 11:56 am

I had a recent stay at this hotel. It was typical Westin, clean and comfortable. The hotel seemed empty but there were no upgrades available to this gold member.

I had room 609 on the top floor, it was a standard king room with a 32" flat panel TV and nice sized bathroom. The room had starbucks coffee with a single cup coffee maker, one comp bottle of water and two bathrobes.

I don't know if there was an executive lounge.

Parking was $10 in the garage under the hotel with no in and out. In and out was allowed with valet parking at $22 per day. No points are earned from the parking expense as the garage seems to be managed by the neighboring Park Place condo complex.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 12:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by JayBrian
I had a recent stay at this hotel. It was typical Westin, clean and comfortable. The hotel seemed empty but there were no upgrades available to this gold member.

I had room 609 on the top floor, it was a standard king room with a 32" flat panel TV and nice sized bathroom. The room had starbucks coffee with a single cup coffee maker, one comp bottle of water and two bathrobes.

I don't know if there was an executive lounge.

Parking was $10 in the garage under the hotel with no in and out. In and out was allowed with valet parking at $22 per day. No points are earned from the parking expense as the garage seems to be managed by the neighboring Park Place condo complex.
Being on the top floor was most likely considered your upgrade.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
Being on the top floor was most likely considered your upgrade.
Maybe. A sign said it was the Starwood Preferred Guest floor.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by JayBrian
Maybe. A sign said it was the Starwood Preferred Guest floor.
Well if you look back at previous post (by William) and a certain sticky thread, an upgrade for a gold member can consist of:
  • A room on a high floor
  • A recently renovated room
  • A room with a (premium) view
Old Jul 13, 2008, 10:17 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Delta Gold Medallion, United/Star Alliance Gold, Marriott Gold
Stayed here several months ago. Was originally offered a King standard room (I'm Plat) and had to ask for upgrade. Ended up with a "junior suite" which was a true 1BR suite and quite large - probably around 600 sq ft. LCD television in bedroom and in sitting room. Local area is so-so. There is a Morton's around the corner but it's certainly not a central business district. There was a small crowd downstairs in the bar, but overall not a lot of activity in the hotel. Other than that, typical Westin experience and amenities - in other words, quite good.
Old Nov 9, 2008, 7:37 am

Programs: Hertz #1 Gold, SPG, Hyatt GP
Booked to stay here for the inaugural events as it was the closest location I could get to DC. Any more recent reviews of this hotel?

Last edited by YuPiMSPECL; Nov 9, 2008 at 7:39 am Reason: Spelling
Old Nov 11, 2008, 5:47 pm

Programs: Hertz #1 Gold, SPG, Hyatt GP
Anyone?

Does anyone have any more up to date information on this property? Proximity to DC? Accessibility to DC Metro? Lounge offerings? Decent hotel restaurant?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.