FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Annapolis, MD [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Feb 27, 2008, 7:42 am
TrojanHorse
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by Score8
I arrived last night at around 11pm.

Despite the earnest efforts of the person at the front desk, there was nothing to upgrade me into besides a King top floor room. As I don't have any reference points, I don't know whether this room is typical though it does appear to be the same size as the other standard rooms per the room map. The room is pretty small and the bathroom is tight. The room itself is likely not more than 275-300 sq ft. The bathroom has most of the standard Westin accents and fixtures. One odd thing though is that whatever extra space there is in the bathroom is behind the door/in front of the toilet rather than being by the sink where it would be useable.

The room has new furnishings and new carpet, which is a nice change from some of the Westins that have seen some wear and tear.

Platinum touchpoints:
- Status recognized and ammenity offered
- Free Panna water (one) on SPG - 6th floor.
- Solid attempt at upgrade
- There are only 5 suites apparently (don't know if this means Standard Suites or All suites including the Presidential, which is two doors down from my room)
- The 'accessable' room on the 6th floor looks to be interestingly shaped and likely larger.
- No free breakfast

Other:
- Coffee maker in room
- No hot food service past 11pm (this was an inconvenience for me)
- Morton's on site
- $10 parking self/$18 Valet

Overall a decent hotel and I haven't stayed at the Sheraton so I can't compare it. I will add more if there is anything else over the next few hours prior to my departure.
To piggy back off this report:

I was there for one night (check in 1/24/08) > Was given rooom 624 which is a room near the elevator (I didn't mind) where the hotel *bends* so my room was large but odd shape with a king bed; some funky love seat sized piece of furniture that I used to put my bag and coat.

A pretty good size desk with a coffee maker on it. IIRC it was SBUX (or at least another quality brand) too and a flat screen tv was also on this long desk. Bathroom was not anything special to me.

Internet access was $10.55; No b/f coupon or anything provided and I did ask and was flat out refused. I got "two" water bottles on the house.

Parking is $10 but can not be charged to the room as its a city lot I guess and I paid with a CC on the way out. No in and out except with valet.

A full fledged starbucks is next door so that was cool for me.

Just an added FYI, I was at the Sheraton the night before and had a standard room on the 3rd floor; Club lounge was on the top floor. It was nice if you got there early as the food was not replaced once it was devoured. The parking is free. Not much else to say about this property.