Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Pine Cliffs Hotel, Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pine Cliffs Hotel, Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2020, 6:56 am

Guys - this hotel or marriott booking is really tough. Now suddenly 1 bedroom suites aren't showing at all with points booking between may-july 2021. I don't know why marriott makes it so tough
Old Jul 28, 2020, 7:29 am

Ok I just booked a 2 bedroom and got done with it. Do most of them come with balcony/terrace and has anybody stayed in a 2 bedroom before and can recommend particular room numbers? Is a higher floor preferred?
Old Jul 29, 2020, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by sam007
Ok I just booked a 2 bedroom and got done with it. Do most of them come with balcony/terrace and has anybody stayed in a 2 bedroom before and can recommend particular room numbers? Is a higher floor preferred?
Anybody?
Old Jul 29, 2020, 12:29 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by sam007
Could you just clarify : is this the "Duplex Suite" in the Hotel part of the resort ?
Old Jul 29, 2020, 12:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Could you just clarify : is this the "Duplex Suite" in the Hotel part of the resort ?
The duplex suite that I had was definitely only one bedroom and didn't have a connecting door to add a second bedroom. They seem to have different views (water/pool versus parking lot) and I think there was a small balcony in mine.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 1:04 pm

Ocean suites - I heard that's the closest to the beach and needed a kitchen so went with that
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...d-spa-algarve/
Old Jul 30, 2020, 12:42 pm

Does anyone know the email for the GM at this property?
Old Jul 30, 2020, 12:49 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by forumvisitor
Does anyone know the email for the GM at this property?
Hi forumvisitor,

You can contact the hotel by email at [email protected] or [email protected]

Thanks,

Robert V.
Social Media Liaison
Old Aug 22, 2020, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
FWIW, had the following ad get displayed when browsing around:

The ad pops out to: https://www.pinecliffs.com/en/real-estate/ which is their real estate investment site which shows a number of different types of properties that they're selling into and offering the benefits of the "Golden Visa":

David
Old Aug 22, 2020, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by DELee
FWIW, had the following ad get displayed when browsing around:

The ad pops out to: https://www.pinecliffs.com/en/real-estate/ which is their real estate investment site which shows a number of different types of properties that they're selling into and offering the benefits of the "Golden Visa":

David
That’s their business—they’re not in the hospitality industry, but rather their business is selling serviced villas and condos. The LC moniker just adds to the value of their sale proposition. Once the entire complex is fully sold they’ll let their contract with Marriott expire and go about solo under their own brand.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Last edited by MePlatPremier; Aug 22, 2020 at 3:51 pm
Old Aug 24, 2020, 5:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Considering the hotel for a week in September on points. Some non-FT reviews suggest there is a supplement to be paid (for breakfast, maybe?) when staying on points but I can't find a mention of this when booking. Any recent Platinum experiences of points stays at the hotel? 50k points per night seems good value while the revenue room rate is EUR275.

Also, there's just the two of us. Don't mind children at all but this does seem an especially family-orientated resort; is that fair? Would a fairly peaceful week towards the end of September be a reasonable expectation?

Thank you
Old Aug 24, 2020, 6:07 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Back in the SPG era, breakfast was included in Award stays at the Hotel, but that option has now gone. Platinums, though, (as of last year, pre-Covid) can select full restaurant breakfast for the duration of the stay as their Welcome Amenity. Plats normally get an upgrade to a Grand Deluxe, sometimes to a suite depending on occupancy.

IME children have never marred the stay experience, even in peak family season. There's so much space in the garden / sunbed areas around the resort you can always find a quiet spot where you won't be disturbed.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 6:27 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Thank you, that's very helpful indeed.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 2:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Back in the SPG era, breakfast was included in Award stays at the Hotel, but that option has now gone. Platinums, though, (as of last year, pre-Covid) can select full restaurant breakfast for the duration of the stay as their Welcome Amenity. Plats normally get an upgrade to a Grand Deluxe, sometimes to a suite depending on occupancy.

IME children have never marred the stay experience, even in peak family season. There's so much space in the garden / sunbed areas around the resort you can always find a quiet spot where you won't be disturbed.
I disagree in that when I stayed here, the children made the breakfast buffet in the hotel an absolute zoo. A LC hotel should not "feature" kids running around the restaurant and shrieking, nor should unsupervised children touch food with their hands and then put it back.

OTOH the main pool and the outdoor luxury seafood restaurant seemed OK.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 3:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Highly recommend having breakfast at the residences rather than the main hotel. A bit of a trek, but consider it a relaxing walk, and you have a much more civilised location.
EuropeanPete likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.