Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Pine Cliffs Hotel, Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pine Cliffs Hotel, Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2020, 7:03 pm

Two kids under 4 as well
Old May 31, 2020, 3:44 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
That would be why you're seeing the cash upgrade. Their base rooms only allow 2 people.
Old May 31, 2020, 6:53 am

Is this normal for properties outside the USA? Or is this resort have some sort of meals included that they want to charge extra if you go beyond two people in a room?
​​​​​
Lastly I assume the cancel by date means I will get a refund of my points and the upgrade fee correct?
​​​​​​

Thx
Old May 31, 2020, 11:15 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by sam007
Is this normal for properties outside the USA?
Yes, this is very common in Europe.

The hotel's policy is that children of any age are counted as guests. A reservation request for 2 adults and 2 children of (say) Age 3 and Age 2 yields "The hotel cannot accommodate 4 guests per room". For this number, you would need to book 2 rooms. I really would not advise trying to smuggle in any non-booked extras.

There are other accommodation types on the Pine Cliffs campus (the Ocean Suites, Residences etc) that are specifically suited for family vacations, though they are more expensive in points.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old May 31, 2020, 1:42 pm

how do they expect kids under 4 to stay in their own room? Sounds very illogical

Also,how do I see the points required for ocean suites, residences? They don't show up on the website when I'm trying to book with points
Old May 31, 2020, 4:07 pm

how do they expect kids under 4 to stay in their own room? Sounds very illogical

Also,how do I see the points required for ocean suites, residences? They don't show up on the website when I'm trying to book with points
They're considered different properties on the Marriott website, so the ocean suites and residences will not show up on the hotel website. That said, when you're actually at the resort, they all basically all one property. For instance, you can check in for the residences at the hotel lobby.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 3:23 am

Fire codes apart, the resort has invested heavily in accommodations that are designed specifically suited to young families, so I would guess that guests are being 'encouraged' to stay in these rather then the Hotel.

Just typing "Pine Cliffs" into the website finds the redemption options :

Old Jun 2, 2020, 1:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
When we stayed there (end of may 2014) on points I booked two adults and one child and put in notes that we are a family with two kids (6 & 4 yrs at the time). At checkin they assigned us a room with two beds and all was easy going. They tried to upsell us to a bigger room/suite too. The resort/property is geared towards familes with kids and compeletely relaxed about the policy. Other properties like the Mardavall in Mallorca don't like kids because they cater to a different crowd, so they enforce the 'fire rules' rather nastily.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
When we stayed there (end of may 2014) on points I booked two adults and one child and put in notes that we are a family with two kids (6 & 4 yrs at the time). At checkin they assigned us a room with two beds and all was easy going. They tried to upsell us to a bigger room/suite too. The resort/property is geared towards familes with kids and compeletely relaxed about the policy. Other properties like the Mardavall in Mallorca don't like kids because they cater to a different crowd, so they enforce the 'fire rules' rather nastily.
Since the Ocean Suites were opened (in 2016) the policies have changed and they're not so easy going anymore. Certainly worth checking with the hotel in advance to avoid any nasty surprises.

Anyway, for a family stay, I would say an Ocean Suite at 60,000 points (Cat 7) is actually better value than a Hotel room at 50,000 (Cat 6).
Old Jun 3, 2020, 5:58 pm

Ok, so I put in dates for July 2020 and also for May 2021 and first chose just 2 adults and then 2 adults + 2 kids (aged 2,4). Both times, it only shows me 2 Bedroom Residence, Resort view, Balcony and no suite at all. Is it possible they've already sold off the suites?

Also, it may be a moot point if you folks think they are quite strict and won't allow 2 adults & 2 kids in a suite and I can go ahead and book a residence in that case. Also I don't see suites listed anywhere in their room overview
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hote...esort-algarve/

Thanks
Old Jun 3, 2020, 9:35 pm

Ok, so I put in dates for July 2020 and also for May 2021 and first chose just 2 adults and then 2 adults + 2 kids (aged 2,4). Both times, it only shows me 2 Bedroom Residence, Resort view, Balcony and no suite at all. Is it possible they've already sold off the suites?

Also, it may be a moot point if you folks think they are quite strict and won't allow 2 adults & 2 kids in a suite and I can go ahead and book a residence in that case. Also I don't see suites listed anywhere in their room overview
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hote...esort-algarve/

Thanks
The Ocean Suites are listed under a entirely separate property on marriott.com

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...d-spa-algarve/
MSPeconomist and TSTraveler like this.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 7:45 am

Is this hotel strict if I choose the junior suite and bring 2 kids with me (4 total people in the room). When I put in my two kids it only shows me a 2 Bedroom Suite - 80 EUR + 60k points/night

Also how would you compare the two properties and the suite vs residence?

Thx
Old Jun 6, 2020, 5:50 am

Is this hotel strict if I choose the junior suite and bring 2 kids with me (4 total people in the room). When I put in my two kids it only shows me a 2 Bedroom Suite - 80 EUR + 60k points/night

Also how would you compare the two properties and the suite vs residence?

Thx
Anybody?
Old Jun 6, 2020, 6:17 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
sam007 At this rate, I think it's best you get the hotel on the phone and ask them all your questions for a definitive answer. Nothing like hearing it from the horse's mouth.

khabah
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 5:58 pm

ok got clarity on this and a 1 bedroom suite will be sufficient since it has a sofabed for the kids. However, the website is only showing bookings for may 2021 and nothing for booking with points. Does anybody know if it's the hotel management that releases points bookings and is it worth requesting the duty manager there or is it a marriott corporate decision? Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.