Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[LEFT Marriott; to become Rosewood] Blue Palace, Crete, Greece [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Email Addresses (per Post 425)

Print Wikipost

[LEFT Marriott; to become Rosewood] Blue Palace, Crete, Greece [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2013, 8:27 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by WEEBOBBY
The Blue Palace using Points + Cash.Would an SPG Gold member usually be upgraded to a Superior Bungalow with Pool (subject to availability)? Do they offer paid upgrades to better categories of room ?
At least using points, they offered me a paid upgrade to Superior w/ Pool for 45 euros/night at time of reservation.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 3:53 pm

Programs: AMEX PLAT , HILTON GOLD, STARWOOD PREFERRED GUEST GOLD, IHG PLAT AMBASSADOR, DAVID O FAN CLUB
thanks sent i will look back and perhaps request your room number!
and thanks doctor15. i have emailed the hotel. 45 euros would be fine if offered
Old Jun 26, 2013, 6:40 am

Programs: AMEX PLAT , HILTON GOLD, STARWOOD PREFERRED GUEST GOLD, IHG PLAT AMBASSADOR, DAVID O FAN CLUB
"Greetings from Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa!

In reply to your e-mail we are delighted with your intention to visit our resort. With regards to your request we would like to advise you that all our Gold and Platinum SPG members are entitled to an upgrade, upon availability at time of check in.

Do not hesitate to contact us should you require any further assistance or information.

Kindest regards,"

Seems like you would get the upgrade without too many problems without paying
Old Jun 26, 2013, 11:54 am

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Blue Palace, Crete Greece [Master Thread]

We are going back in July. Last time we rented a car. In terms of other transport, has anyone just grabbed a car service / taxi at the airport? I know it's far so not sure if it's possible?
Old Oct 25, 2013, 8:49 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Rihanna at the Blue Palace. ( I recognize the mountains of Plaka)

http://www.tmz.com/2013/10/25/rihann...tagram-tmz-tv/
Old Nov 28, 2013, 7:42 am

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Platinum Breakfast

How does this resort honor breakfast for "Platinums"?
Old Mar 2, 2014, 4:06 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by 360guy
How does this resort honor breakfast for "Platinums"?
Also interested to hear this.

It appears that the SNA upgrade-able category for Blue Palace is the Maisonette duplex suite, which looks great. Anyone know how many such rooms there are? The description almost makes it sound like there's only one (and thus, maybe, not worth putting in an SNA request during busy Summer season...).
Old Mar 2, 2014, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by DC777Fan
Also interested to hear this.

It appears that the SNA upgrade-able category for Blue Palace is the Maisonette duplex suite, which looks great. Anyone know how many such rooms there are? The description almost makes it sound like there's only one (and thus, maybe, not worth putting in an SNA request during busy Summer season...).
There are many of these. I was upgraded to one, and the entire building was Maisonettes. I think there are other buildings with them too. Also, there is no downside of putting in the SNA. If you dont get upgraded to your requested room then are refunded.

As far as breakfast, you can get the full buffet in the main dining room (forgot the name of the restaurant) for 2 complimentary, or continental breakfast from room service for a nominal service fee as your PLT amenity. The front desk agent offered breakfast or 500 points, and made sure to point out that breakfast was $20+/person/day and recommended against the points. The continental breakfast has a MASSIVE amount of bread, but no protein so I wouldn't recommend it unless you sleep past breakfast. The buffet is excellent.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by doctor15
There are many of these. I was upgraded to one, and the entire building was Maisonettes. I think there are other buildings with them too. Also, there is no downside of putting in the SNA. If you dont get upgraded to your requested room then are refunded.

As far as breakfast, you can get the full buffet in the main dining room (forgot the name of the restaurant) for 2 complimentary, or continental breakfast from room service for a nominal service fee as your PLT amenity. The front desk agent offered breakfast or 500 points, and made sure to point out that breakfast was $20+/person/day and recommended against the points. The continental breakfast has a MASSIVE amount of bread, but no protein so I wouldn't recommend it unless you sleep past breakfast. The buffet is excellent.
Thanks for the quick and descriptive response! Was the upgrade a comp Plat upgrade or SNA?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:14 am

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Originally Posted by doctor15

Doctor 15...Thank you for your response.. I am looking forward to my 5 day stay this summer.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 12:15 pm

Thanks for the quick and descriptive response! Was the upgrade a comp Plat upgrade or SNA?
I think I used SNAs
Old Mar 14, 2014, 8:45 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
As an FYI for anyone interested, they will open up 2015 for reservations at the end of June.

Last edited by jibi; Mar 14, 2014 at 8:50 pm
Old Mar 30, 2014, 10:04 pm

Anyone know if there's outside F&B available in walking or biking distance (or for that matter if the hotel has bikes you can use)?
Old Mar 30, 2014, 10:14 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Anyone know if there's outside F&B available in walking or biking distance (or for that matter if the hotel has bikes you can use)?
What is an F & B?

When we stayed there last year they did not have bicycles that I saw.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 5:50 am

Yes, there is outside F&B just a 5 min walk in the village. Several restaurants as already mentioned in this thread. Also a small supermarket to keep the "B" costs low.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.