Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

FAQ : "Destination fees" at Marriott Bonvoy properties

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : "Destination fees" at Marriott Bonvoy properties

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2024, 5:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
Originally Posted by alibi
Just had a long discussion with the front desk at the Sheraton Times Square. They charge a 30 USD destination fee and give you 30 USD per day as F&B credit (which must be used on a daily basis). According to the front desk, this means that you are getting the credit for every DAY that you are there, so on the day of check-in from check-in to midnight, but there is no credit on the day you check out.
I generally assume this to be the case, although that's not based on anything I've read or explicitly been told. Breakfast credits I try to use in the morning, but F&B credits I usually try to use for lunch, dinner, or drinks.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by alibi
Just had a long discussion with the front desk at the Sheraton Times Square. They charge a 30 USD destination fee and give you 30 USD per day as F&B credit (which must be used on a daily basis). According to the front desk, this means that you are getting the credit for every DAY that you are there, so on the day of check-in from check-in to midnight, but there is no credit on the day you check out.

The wording in their policies is:
"The daily $30 food and beverage credit may be used in any of the hotel outlets ... Please note the credit must be used on a daily basis to receive your benefits."

My interpretation (and this is also the info I was given via the chat) would have been that it would allow me to use the credit until check-out. But maybe I'm also a bit stupid here?
The Renaissance Harlem told me the same thing earlier this week. I didn't argue since I wasn't sure we were going to want anything the last day (and it turned out we didn't), but this seems nonsensical to me. When I travel to the west coast for work, I almost never get to the hotel in time to use a credit the day I check in. I feel like these fees are already obnoxious; why do they need to make an extra effort to make us waste the credit?
Old Apr 5, 2024, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by alamedaguy
The Renaissance Harlem told me the same thing earlier this week. I didn't argue since I wasn't sure we were going to want anything the last day (and it turned out we didn't), but this seems nonsensical to me. When I travel to the west coast for work, I almost never get to the hotel in time to use a credit the day I check in. I feel like these fees are already obnoxious; why do they need to make an extra effort to make us waste the credit?
They know and count on your not using all of the credit. It's a stealth room price bonus for the hotel. I do not stay at any property that has a destination, resort or similar fee.
Counsellor likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.