Titanium Renewal

Old Nov 23, 20, 7:00 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dallas, US
Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Posts: 229
Titanium Renewal

Hi folks,
Year is ending and I do want to renew my Titanium (it is expected I do resume travelling in Q2 2021). I am currently at 69 nights, so 6 short to renew.
I do have a stay booked for 5 nights on points (check-in 28th of Dec to Jan 2nd), however I am not sure whether this stay will add up and if so it is only 5 night and check out beyond Dec 31st.

What are the options do you see for me?
a) in case the above stay will count, I can just go for 1 night somewhere.... ideal case.
b) Booking something cheap on points around me and check-in and maybe using it to work from the hotel room? -- Not sure if not revenue nights are adding up towards status
c) Booking something cheap on revenue - I will have to see if this is worth at all or not.
d) Applying for a credit card? if so, which one?

Any other tips? Which one will you go for?
Cheers
Circusplaza is offline  
Old Nov 23, 20, 7:28 pm
  #2  
formerly damnyourefine
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: On a plane or a beach
Programs: SPG100, United GS, HA P70K
Posts: 644
Nights occurring in 2020 will credit to 2020. If you need 6 nights to credit to 2020, those nights will need to occur in 2020. Even 12/31 will credit to 2020.

Your EQN from a credit card application may not be received by the end of 2020, so that’s a gamble.
anteater is online now  
Old Nov 23, 20, 7:55 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SFO
Posts: 3,301
Originally Posted by Circusplaza View Post
Hi folks,
Year is ending and I do want to renew my Titanium (it is expected I do resume travelling in Q2 2021). I am currently at 69 nights, so 6 short to renew.
I do have a stay booked for 5 nights on points (check-in 28th of Dec to Jan 2nd), however I am not sure whether this stay will add up and if so it is only 5 night and check out beyond Dec 31st.

What are the options do you see for me?
a) in case the above stay will count, I can just go for 1 night somewhere.... ideal case.
b) Booking something cheap on points around me and check-in and maybe using it to work from the hotel room? -- Not sure if not revenue nights are adding up towards status
c) Booking something cheap on revenue - I will have to see if this is worth at all or not.
d) Applying for a credit card? if so, which one?

Any other tips? Which one will you go for?
Cheers
if you are “renewing titanium“, doesn’t that mean you were titanium last year, which means your status has been extended to 2022 anyways?
myperks is offline  
Old Nov 23, 20, 8:33 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dallas, US
Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Posts: 229
Originally Posted by myperks View Post
if you are “renewing titanium“, doesn’t that mean you were titanium last year, which means your status has been extended to 2022 anyways?
good question.
I cannot see my validity date anywhere in the website or in my iphone app.
I may call tomorrow to the Bonvoy phone.
Circusplaza is offline  
Old Nov 23, 20, 9:02 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seat 2A
Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT GLD, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Posts: 10,328
Have you picked your Elite Choice yet?
skywalkerLAX is offline  
Old Nov 23, 20, 9:04 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SFO
Posts: 3,301
Originally Posted by Circusplaza View Post
good question.
I cannot see my validity date anywhere in the website or in my iphone app.
I may call tomorrow to the Bonvoy phone.
you can tell without calling. You are at 69 nights. Are you listed as titanium right now? If you are, that means your status will be extended with the rest of us.
SPN Lifer likes this.
myperks is offline  
Old Nov 23, 20, 9:20 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: FYI aka FAT
Programs: BAEC - Silver; Marriott - Titanium Elite
Posts: 281
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX View Post
Have you picked your Elite Choice yet?
That's a good question. If the OP has not yet picked it, that would be an easy/cheap way to pick up those 5 nights.

I chose the 5 elite night credit as my choice when I hit 50 nights this year but I can't see that it was ever credited to my yearly night total. When does that usually occur?
JayeJ is offline  
Old Nov 23, 20, 9:35 pm
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dallas, US
Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Posts: 229
Originally Posted by damnyourefine View Post
Nights occurring in 2020 will credit to 2020. If you need 6 nights to credit to 2020, those nights will need to occur in 2020. Even 12/31 will credit to 2020.

Your EQN from a credit card application may not be received by the end of 2020, so that’s a gamble.
Thanks, I did not know the above was the actual way of accruing nights.
I actually thought it would go all to the year when you check out and pay the bill.

will the non-revenue nights count?
Circusplaza is offline  
Old Nov 23, 20, 9:37 pm
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dallas, US
Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Posts: 229
Originally Posted by myperks View Post
you can tell without calling. You are at 69 nights. Are you listed as titanium right now? If you are, that means your status will be extended with the rest of us.
i am titanium now, yes. 69 nights... but somehow I thought I have to get to 75 I did not know they extended all.
Circusplaza is offline  
Old Nov 23, 20, 9:38 pm
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dallas, US
Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Posts: 229
Originally Posted by JayeJ View Post
That's a good question. If the OP has not yet picked it, that would be an easy/cheap way to pick up those 5 nights.

I chose the 5 elite night credit as my choice when I hit 50 nights this year but I can't see that it was ever credited to my yearly night total. When does that usually occur?
i did choose the benefit, 5 SNAs...
Circusplaza is offline  
Old Nov 23, 20, 9:39 pm
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dallas, US
Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Posts: 229
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX View Post
Have you picked your Elite Choice yet?
I did, SNA... if I would have known...
it seems I will have Titanium though till 2022 given other replies in the thread.
Circusplaza is offline  
Old Nov 23, 20, 9:50 pm
  #12  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dallas, US
Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Posts: 229
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX View Post
Have you picked your Elite Choice yet?
I did, SNA... if I would have known...
it seems I will have Titanium though till 2022 given other replies in the thread.
Circusplaza is offline  
Old Nov 23, 20, 10:24 pm
  #13  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seat 2A
Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT GLD, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Posts: 10,328
Originally Posted by Circusplaza View Post
I did, SNA... if I would have known...
it seems I will have Titanium though till 2022 given other replies in the thread.
That was the worst choice ever. These SNA's are worth less than toilet paper. Actually in these times toilet paper is the most valuable currency so maybe a bad comparison.
skywalkerLAX is offline  
Old Nov 23, 20, 10:24 pm
  #14  
ymx
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: BDL, BOS
Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Posts: 305
Originally Posted by myperks View Post
you can tell without calling. You are at 69 nights. Are you listed as titanium right now? If you are, that means your status will be extended with the rest of us.
I don’t believe this is accurate. Marriott gave all members a head start on their nights this year by providing 50% of their nights from their status earned in 2019. So if you earned Titanium status from stays in 2019, you were given an extra 38 nights that count towards your qualifying nights this year.
ymx is offline  
Old Nov 23, 20, 10:30 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SFO
Posts: 3,301
Originally Posted by ymx View Post
I don’t believe this is accurate. Marriott gave all members a head start on their nights this year by providing 50% of their nights from their status earned in 2019. So if you earned Titanium status from stays in 2019, you were given an extra 38 nights that count towards your qualifying nights this year.
If one earned titanium in 2019 valid through 2021, will be extended through 2022. Has nothing to do with the 38 nights.

if the OP is already a titanium with only 69 nights, that means the OP earned titanium in 2019.
SPN Lifer likes this.
myperks is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: