Titanium Renewal

Old Nov 23, 20, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by myperks View Post
If one earned titanium in 2019 valid through 2021, will be extended through 2022. Has nothing to do with the 38 nights.

if the OP is already a titanium with only 69 nights, that means the OP earned titanium in 2019.
I did earn Titanium in 2019 and during 2020 I do have 31 nights stayed + 38 Bonus Promotional = Total 69 nights.

does it mean then that my status has been extended till 2022?
I thought Marriott gave these 38 in compensation for the pandemic to ease the way to renew, but not extended.
Old Nov 23, 20, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by Circusplaza View Post
I did earn Titanium in 2019 and during 2020 I do have 31 nights stayed + 38 Bonus Promotional = Total 69 nights.

does it mean then that my status has been extended till 2022?
I thought Marriott gave these 38 in compensation for the pandemic to ease the way to renew, but not extended.
yes. your status will/has been extended. Do you know what kind of uproar will happen on FT if people in your situation didnít get the announced extension to 2022... ?

There is also a massive thread on this.

here is link directly to the Marriott q and a
https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-24119

Last edited by myperks; Nov 23, 20 at 11:29 pm
Old Nov 24, 20, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by myperks View Post
yes. your status will/has been extended. Do you know what kind of uproar will happen on FT if people in your situation didnít get the announced extension to 2022... ?

There is also a massive thread on this.

here is link directly to the Marriott q and a
https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-24119
thanks all clear then!!
Old Nov 24, 20, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
OP doesn't have to do anything unless they think they're going to possibly qualify for AMB. Otherwise, elite nights for Titaniums in 2020 are largely useless.
EuropeanPete and Circusplaza like this.
Old Nov 24, 20, 10:41 am
Moderator, Amtrak

Programs: AS MVP, AA Plat, DL Gold, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Is that really the thought process here?

I hit Titanium last year, and this year with the bonus night bump I will still manage to requalify.

I know that they extended into next year without any effort, but I some how feel like 2021 won't just jump right back to normal.

I figured that it was worth crossing back over 75 nights in 2020 because what kind of metrics will they use in 2021 for 2022?

I don't want to find out in Q2 next year that since I only had ~70 nights credited that I only get treated as a Plat for whatever promotion/extension/etc they end up providing next year.

Am I alone in this thinking?

I figured that I would be in the best possible shape by making sure I still got to 75 this year after the boost.
Old Nov 24, 20, 11:33 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Glob, AA EXP, Marriott Tit
Isnít there another elite choice offered after reaching 75 nights this year? Personally Iíve had good success using SNAs. This could be a motivator to earn 75 nights in 2020.
Circusplaza likes this.
Old Nov 24, 20, 12:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin View Post
Is that really the thought process here?

I hit Titanium last year, and this year with the bonus night bump I will still manage to requalify.

I know that they extended into next year without any effort, but I some how feel like 2021 won't just jump right back to normal.

I figured that it was worth crossing back over 75 nights in 2020 because what kind of metrics will they use in 2021 for 2022?

I don't want to find out in Q2 next year that since I only had ~70 nights credited that I only get treated as a Plat for whatever promotion/extension/etc they end up providing next year.

I figured that I would be in the best possible shape by making sure I still got to 75 this year after the boost.
This is also my approach. I figure if they hand out half the number of 2020 nights next year, then hitting Titanium this year will make it easier to hit Plat next year or Titanium again. And further status extensions could well be based on 2020 status. But I was only Gold last year!
Old Nov 24, 20, 12:16 pm

Programs: M/R LT/TIT
deleted.
Old Nov 24, 20, 12:19 pm
Moderator, Amtrak

Programs: AS MVP, AA Plat, DL Gold, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by houstr8male View Post
Isnít there another elite choice offered after reaching 75 nights this year? Personally Iíve had good success using SNAs. This could be a motivator to earn 75 nights in 2020.
Yes, you can still choose a Choice Benefit after going over 75 nights this year.

Originally Posted by Radiation Station View Post
This is also my approach. I figure if they hand out half the number of 2020 nights next year, then hitting Titanium this year will make it easier to hit Plat next year or Titanium again. And further status extensions could well be based on 2020 status. But I was only Gold last year!
Yeah, I figured there was no downside to going over the magic number today.

FWIW I have gotten 3 really nice suite upgrades on my last 3 stays at Marriott without SNAs at higher end properties (Le Meridian, Luxury Collection) certainly has been a nice little streak.
Old Nov 24, 20, 12:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Yes, you can still choose a Choice Benefit after going over 75 nights this year.

Yeah, I figured there was no downside to going over the magic number today.

FWIW I have gotten 3 really nice suite upgrades on my last 3 stays at Marriott without SNAs at higher end properties (Le Meridian, Luxury Collection) certainly has been a nice little streak.
I have been upgraded, in the last few months, to suites at W London, Marriott Park Lane, Sheraton Grand Park Lane, Sheraton Tenerife, Ritz Carlton Abama... as a Plat. Times are good! Debating whether itís even worth taking SNAs as a gift if the current travel trends continue.
Old Nov 25, 20, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Radiation Station View Post
I have been upgraded, in the last few months, to suites at W London, Marriott Park Lane, Sheraton Grand Park Lane, Sheraton Tenerife, Ritz Carlton Abama... as a Plat. Times are good! Debating whether itís even worth taking SNAs as a gift if the current travel trends continue.
Once you're Titanium your upgrades will be better, in the very least you're ahead of all the Platinum members who did a challenge etc. I would take the free night.
Old Nov 25, 20, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC

I thought the same. If Marriott decides to extend again in 2021 or credit something based on the consumed nights in 2020 then I want to be higher up in the food chain so to speak.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: