FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Titanium Renewal (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/2029074-titanium-renewal.html)

Circusplaza Nov 23, 2020 6:00 pm

Titanium Renewal

Hi folks,
Year is ending and I do want to renew my Titanium (it is expected I do resume travelling in Q2 2021). I am currently at 69 nights, so 6 short to renew.
I do have a stay booked for 5 nights on points (check-in 28th of Dec to Jan 2nd), however I am not sure whether this stay will add up and if so it is only 5 night and check out beyond Dec 31st.

What are the options do you see for me?
a) in case the above stay will count, I can just go for 1 night somewhere.... ideal case.
b) Booking something cheap on points around me and check-in and maybe using it to work from the hotel room? -- Not sure if not revenue nights are adding up towards status
c) Booking something cheap on revenue - I will have to see if this is worth at all or not.
d) Applying for a credit card? if so, which one?

Any other tips? Which one will you go for?
Cheers

anteater Nov 23, 2020 6:28 pm

Nights occurring in 2020 will credit to 2020. If you need 6 nights to credit to 2020, those nights will need to occur in 2020. Even 12/31 will credit to 2020.

Your EQN from a credit card application may not be received by the end of 2020, so that’s a gamble.

myperks Nov 23, 2020 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by Circusplaza (Post 32840051)
Hi folks,
Year is ending and I do want to renew my Titanium (it is expected I do resume travelling in Q2 2021). I am currently at 69 nights, so 6 short to renew.
I do have a stay booked for 5 nights on points (check-in 28th of Dec to Jan 2nd), however I am not sure whether this stay will add up and if so it is only 5 night and check out beyond Dec 31st.

What are the options do you see for me?
a) in case the above stay will count, I can just go for 1 night somewhere.... ideal case.
b) Booking something cheap on points around me and check-in and maybe using it to work from the hotel room? -- Not sure if not revenue nights are adding up towards status
c) Booking something cheap on revenue - I will have to see if this is worth at all or not.
d) Applying for a credit card? if so, which one?

Any other tips? Which one will you go for?
Cheers

if you are “renewing titanium“, doesn’t that mean you were titanium last year, which means your status has been extended to 2022 anyways?

Circusplaza Nov 23, 2020 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by myperks (Post 32840126)
if you are “renewing titanium“, doesn’t that mean you were titanium last year, which means your status has been extended to 2022 anyways?

good question.
I cannot see my validity date anywhere in the website or in my iphone app.
I may call tomorrow to the Bonvoy phone.

skywalkerLAX Nov 23, 2020 8:02 pm

Have you picked your Elite Choice yet?

myperks Nov 23, 2020 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by Circusplaza (Post 32840183)
good question.
I cannot see my validity date anywhere in the website or in my iphone app.
I may call tomorrow to the Bonvoy phone.

you can tell without calling. You are at 69 nights. Are you listed as titanium right now? If you are, that means your status will be extended with the rest of us.

JayeJ Nov 23, 2020 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX (Post 32840218)

That's a good question. If the OP has not yet picked it, that would be an easy/cheap way to pick up those 5 nights.

I chose the 5 elite night credit as my choice when I hit 50 nights this year but I can't see that it was ever credited to my yearly night total. When does that usually occur?

Circusplaza Nov 23, 2020 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by damnyourefine (Post 32840090)
Nights occurring in 2020 will credit to 2020. If you need 6 nights to credit to 2020, those nights will need to occur in 2020. Even 12/31 will credit to 2020.

Your EQN from a credit card application may not be received by the end of 2020, so that’s a gamble.

Thanks, I did not know the above was the actual way of accruing nights.
I actually thought it would go all to the year when you check out and pay the bill.

will the non-revenue nights count?

Circusplaza Nov 23, 2020 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by myperks (Post 32840221)
you can tell without calling. You are at 69 nights. Are you listed as titanium right now? If you are, that means your status will be extended with the rest of us.

i am titanium now, yes. 69 nights... but somehow I thought I have to get to 75 I did not know they extended all.

Circusplaza Nov 23, 2020 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by JayeJ (Post 32840246)
That's a good question. If the OP has not yet picked it, that would be an easy/cheap way to pick up those 5 nights.

I chose the 5 elite night credit as my choice when I hit 50 nights this year but I can't see that it was ever credited to my yearly night total. When does that usually occur?

i did choose the benefit, 5 SNAs...

Circusplaza Nov 23, 2020 8:39 pm

I did, SNA... if I would have known...
it seems I will have Titanium though till 2022 given other replies in the thread.

Circusplaza Nov 23, 2020 8:50 pm

it seems I will have Titanium though till 2022 given other replies in the thread.

skywalkerLAX Nov 23, 2020 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by Circusplaza (Post 32840269)

That was the worst choice ever. These SNA's are worth less than toilet paper. Actually in these times toilet paper is the most valuable currency so maybe a bad comparison. :D

ymx Nov 23, 2020 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by myperks (Post 32840221)

I don’t believe this is accurate. Marriott gave all members a head start on their nights this year by providing 50% of their nights from their status earned in 2019. So if you earned Titanium status from stays in 2019, you were given an extra 38 nights that count towards your qualifying nights this year.

myperks Nov 23, 2020 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by ymx (Post 32840327)
I don’t believe this is accurate. Marriott gave all members a head start on their nights this year by providing 50% of their nights from their status earned in 2019. So if you earned Titanium status from stays in 2019, you were given an extra 38 nights that count towards your qualifying nights this year.

If one earned titanium in 2019 valid through 2021, will be extended through 2022. Has nothing to do with the 38 nights.

if the OP is already a titanium with only 69 nights, that means the OP earned titanium in 2019.