Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott (Chase Boundless) Wrong Amount of Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2020, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist

Half of my recent Marriott stays (3 out of 6) I have had the wrong amount credited.

-for one it was probably the hotel's fault and they credited me 3400 instead of 8500 points.

-for the last two I blame Chase and Marriott, as I got 2x instead of 6x. It would be easy to miss this, and it always takes 2-3 emails and a week or two to get the mistake corrected. Marriott needs to coordinate with Chase better! The whole point in offering a 6x is to get me to use it at Marriott properties, right? Otherwise, I'd be using my Sapphire Reserve at 3x. What a PITA.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 5:46 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by JapanFlyerT
Half of my recent Marriott stays (3 out of 6) I have had the wrong amount credited.

-for one it was probably the hotel's fault and they credited me 3400 instead of 8500 points.

-for the last two I blame Chase and Marriott, as I got 2x instead of 6x. It would be easy to miss this, and it always takes 2-3 emails and a week or two to get the mistake corrected. Marriott needs to coordinate with Chase better! The whole point in offering a 6x is to get me to use it at Marriott properties, right? Otherwise, I'd be using my Sapphire Reserve at 3x. What a PITA.
For the first one that’s an easy fix to do. Call Marriott and have them review the folio from the stay and adjust as needed for the pre-tax Revenue.

As for the second one, I’ve found that if the hotel isn’t properly coded as a Marriott property (common issue with Luxury Collection, Design, and Autograph Collection) then AMEX/Chase won’t recognize it as an eligible 6x property sadly.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
For the first one that’s an easy fix to do. Call Marriott and have them review the folio from the stay and adjust as needed for the pre-tax Revenue.

As for the second one, I’ve found that if the hotel isn’t properly coded as a Marriott property (common issue with Luxury Collection, Design, and Autograph Collection) then AMEX/Chase won’t recognize it as an eligible 6x property sadly.
One that got 2x was a Westin, which you'd expect to be credited correctly. That was fixed when I sent a message to Chase and they reached out to Marriott.

I did get credit for a Portfolio Collection, but it was incorrect. Had to upload the receipt 3 times before they agreed to fix it.

That is a surprise the Autograph don't count as 6x. I would have assumed it was a Marriott decision, not Chase. The place I stayed only became Autograph a month ago, so I assumed that was the reason. In any case, I'll see what they say.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

This says earn 6x at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy, so I would expect it to include Autograph.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 8:15 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
It's not that Autograph isn't included, it's that often these properties are not picked up as being Marriott Bonvoy properties. The last time this happened to me was with a Renaissance property; the problem was that the name that the charge posted under didn't include Renaissance, so Chase didn't register it as being eligible for the Marriott bonus. I actually mentioned this fact with the manager (whom I was corresponding with on an unrelated matter) and she seemed surprised and indicated to me that she was going to have this corrected.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
it's an annoying problem and luckily it does not happen very often. It is Chase/Amex needing to correct the coding. And they generally don't do that. I had complained about same property 3 years in a row not giving the correct points ... manually credited every time but never fixed.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

UPDATE: Chase got back to me pretty quickly this time. Sent message on 12th, a response on 12th, resolution on 13th. Points will post next month. Of course that is not the end of it, as Marriott has still not credited the stay (checked out 12 days ago).

We understand you are concerned regarding the Prince Hotel stay did not receive the correct amount of points on your Marriott Bonvoy Boundless account. We have reviewed it and confirmed it should have received 6x points. I have added the remaining 1,704 points. You will see the points on your next billing statement.

Last edited by JapanFlyerT; Nov 14, 2020 at 6:40 pm
Old Dec 2, 2020, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Further update: My Kyoto Prince Autograph Collection stay finally posted, 4 weeks after the actual stay. Frustrating that it takes that long and requires a few emails on my part. On the plus side, the 3 night, $450 stay earned about 18,000 points. Plus the 6x from Chase, once that got sorted, so really a net of around 20,000.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 11:25 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Had the 2x not 6x thing happen on my recent stay at Hotel Colonnade (Coral Gables), an Autograph Collection hotel. After many attempts to try to message Chase online and via app, ended up calling in (and even then had to do a few attempts before I got an actual live person), I got through and the Chase Customer Service rep claims she applied for the missing points; hopefully they will post correctly and I don't have to chase them down (pun intended) again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.