Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Homes & Villas by Marriott Experiences and Discussions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Homes & Villas by Marriott Experiences and Discussions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2020, 7:53 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by jjLDNY
I missed the email, perhaps it's because they don't really promote it in the UK. Was it to do with the 10% off thing on the main site?
Yes, looks like they are doing a 12 week promo with different destinations every week, this is week 2, its 10% off in Florida, Callfornia and Italy.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
Yes, looks like they are doing a 12 week promo with different destinations every week, this is week 2, its 10% off in Florida, Callfornia and Italy.
Got it. To be honest, I'm not sold on it, and I say this whilst writing this within a H&V I booked for a month. I only did it because hotels were closed here in London (except for 2 small airport hotels which... Obviously not).

Anyway, as I wrote above, I don't believe the premium you pay over and above what you can find on an Airbnb or similar is worth it. What's more, is that the 'support' and 'safety' which to me mattered most is not managed by Marriott, but instead by the various third-parties. So really, unless you need to squeeze Marriott nights, and are not aiming for Amb (as spend won't count) I wouldn't personally use it again.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 11:32 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by jjLDNY
Got it. To be honest, I'm not sold on it, and I say this whilst writing this within a H&V I booked for a month. I only did it because hotels were closed here in London (except for 2 small airport hotels which... Obviously not).

Anyway, as I wrote above, I don't believe the premium you pay over and above what you can find on an Airbnb or similar is worth it. What's more, is that the 'support' and 'safety' which to me mattered most is not managed by Marriott, but instead by the various third-parties. So really, unless you need to squeeze Marriott nights, and are not aiming for Amb (as spend won't count) I wouldn't personally use it again.
so you did book one in London? (if so, which one?) our next visit that we do to London, I'm looking at doing H&V as some of the prices and homes look way better value (for what we want) than some of the hotels.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 6:16 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
This week it Texas, Florida Panhandle and Croatia for 10% off any stay in 2020
Old Jul 14, 2020, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
If they do one for the NC/SC coast I'll bite. We've been wanting to do a driveable getaway, even if we have to wait until post-Labor Day for the best beach deals.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 7:12 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
This week it Texas, Florida Panhandle and Croatia for 10% off any stay in 2020
What's the name for that Promo? "Covid Hotspot Special" ?
Twickenham and kaizen7 like this.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Any recent experiences?

I'm tempted by the free night certificate for a 3-night stay, which happens to be the number of nights I need for the 5 SNAs at 50 nights. But if it's going to be a total nightmare getting the correct elite credit, not to mention the points and free night certificate, then I certainly won't bother...

https://homes-and-villas.marriott.com/en/offers
Old Dec 4, 2020, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
Haven't used it since my 6 week stint - no intention to. I probably spent 4-5 hours on back and forth (over the course of 7-8 weeks) to get nights and points added - you can evaluate if that's worth it for you. Keep in mind Marriott don't run the experience, you book through them but then it's handed off to a random property agency.

Firstly, if you're trying to get the nights before the end of year it's probably not going to play out well.

Assuming not. If I wanted to be a little more strategic and likely spend the same amount, I would find the same / similar property on Airbnb at likely a 20%+ reduced price (which you can negotiate) and then use the 20%+ saving on either a nearby cost efficient hotel bed or just find time to go away.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 9:40 am

Programs: 2mm+ UAL | Lifetime Titanium Marriott | Globalist Hyatt | SpireElite IHG
Am trying H&V for the first time here in Apr21, as we have a) a milestone bday for her, b) a tradition of going away for our birthdays (2weeks apart), c) she's terrified of COVID due to health issues, and d) I don't want it either
We stumbled into H&V whilst looking about for national park lodging (outdoors, limited people interaction, very cool place), and found a solid property at a really good price in Yosemite. Looks like over the last year, they've woven the H&V programme more into the Marriott, so my experience so far has been pretty smooth: logged in with common username/password, it auto-filled my Marriott Bonvoy info, and even offered me a bonus point package as LTTE. Booked it w Marriott AMEX, and next day got confirm, with 30day cancel period at 100%.
Happy to post a trip report after, but so far, was very smooth, very easy, and found a good deal in a geography that's quite light on hotels. Pleased so far.
jjLDNY likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 3:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by KevinS
Am trying H&V for the first time here in Apr21, as we have a) a milestone bday for her, b) a tradition of going away for our birthdays (2weeks apart), c) she's terrified of COVID due to health issues, and d) I don't want it either
We stumbled into H&V whilst looking about for national park lodging (outdoors, limited people interaction, very cool place), and found a solid property at a really good price in Yosemite. Looks like over the last year, they've woven the H&V programme more into the Marriott, so my experience so far has been pretty smooth: logged in with common username/password, it auto-filled my Marriott Bonvoy info, and even offered me a bonus point package as LTTE. Booked it w Marriott AMEX, and next day got confirm, with 30day cancel period at 100%.
Happy to post a trip report after, but so far, was very smooth, very easy, and found a good deal in a geography that's quite light on hotels. Pleased so far.
merging the login was the best thing that could have ever happened!!
Old Mar 9, 2021, 1:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Marriott Homes and Villas

Has anyone tried this awful website? Takes hours to try to put in check in date. Haven’t successfully done a full search yet. It takes ages to type in what you want, but if you accidentally hit something it manages to mess us the whole search. Aaaaghhh
Old Mar 9, 2021, 2:14 pm

Isn’t that site the same interface as the regular Marriott site? The calendar is the same, at least on chrome and Firefox it is.

maybe Marriott knows you are from the UK and don’t want to “break” any laws so it’s preventing you from searching and booking
Old Mar 9, 2021, 3:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by myperks
Isn’t that site the same interface as the regular Marriott site? The calendar is the same, at least on chrome and Firefox it is.

maybe Marriott knows you are from the UK and don’t want to “break” any laws so it’s preventing you from searching and booking
It looks like it. I am searching post April 12th. No law breaking for me!!! It really is atrocious. Think the average website in March 2000.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 11:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by myperks

It's not the same. And yes it is garbage.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by stvr
It's not the same. And yes it is garbage.
The calendar function and clickability appears to be the same to me... whether it’s a user friendly, that’s a personal preference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.