Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2021, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jason8612
Hotel email:
[email protected]

Resort Shared Seaplane Transfer:
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees and to be paid upon check-out.
420 USD per adult (12 years and above)
210 USD per child (ages between 2 and 11.99 years)
Baggage
Complimentary for infants (below 2 years)
Standard baggage is 30 25kg including hand luggage. Excess weight will be charged at 5.60 USD per kg (per round trip).
Max dimensions are 158 cm and 32 kg. Infants do not have baggage allowance.
Hours
Operate between 06:00 to 16:00.
For check-in, last international flight must arrive at or before 15:30.
For check-out, first international flight must depart at or after 09:00.
Complete Details can be found here.

COVID Related Topics
Testing
Testing available at 120++ USD pp and reservations should be made no later than 72 hours prior to departure.
Quarantine/Isolation Policy
What happens if I test positive for COVID? Current policy can be found here.
Contact Tracing
Where can I find the list of properties under contract tracing? Here.
What happens if a resort is listed under contract tracing?
Guests must travel directly between MLE airport and the property post arrival and pre departure via international flight ONLY.
Inter-island transfers will be ceased and guests will not be able to arrive from, depart to, another island in the Maldives.

Water Sports & Diving Menu

Spa, Beauty, & Fitness Menu

F&B Menu

Latitude Menu
Riviera Menu
Tabemasu Menu
Turquoise Menu
Velaa Lunch Menu
Velaa Dinner Menu
Waves Menu
Wine Master List
Mini Bar Menu

Meal Plans
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees
Bed and Breakfast per night

30 USD per adult (12 years and above)
15 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Half Board per night
95 USD per adult (12 years and above)
47.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Complimentary for infants (below 3 years)
Full Board Plus per night
155 USD per adult (12 years and above)
77.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
All-Inclusive per night
230 USD per adult (12 years and above)
115 USD per child (ages 3 and 11.99 years)
Details can be found here.

F&B Bonvoy Discounts
General Members & Silver Elite 10%
Gold Elite 15%
Platinum, Titanium, & Ambassador Elite 20%
Full Details can be found here.

Resort Map
Can be found here.
Room total can be found here.
Beach Bungalow and Beach Villa are categorized by location. See the resort map for more information.

Paid/confirmed upgrades
Rates per night as of 08-May-2021
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV 50++ USD
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV w/ pool 250++ USD
Terms
Must be for entire duration of reservation
Requires non-refundable payment at time of confirming
Availability and rates subject to change
Can you apply SNAs at this property? No.

Late Checkout Policy (subject to availability)
General Members: None
Silver Elite: "Priority"
Gold Elite: 2pm
Platinum & Titanium Elite: 4pm
Ambassador Elite: 4pm or "Your24"

Welcome Gift
General Members & Silver Elite: None
Gold Elite: 500 points per stay
Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador Elite: Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR amenity per stay OR breakfast at Turquoise Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)

Drone Restrictions
"We strictly prohibit the operation of any type of UAV or drones for any purpose within and above the premises of the resort as our guests' privacy is of our utmost concern. This prohibition extends to devices launched from the resort or from outside the boundaries of the resort. If you wish to take photographs or videos, you may do so at the common areas of our resort."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2021, 9:01 pm

You are correct the last two photos are of common areas. Reminds me of a shabby chic motel you'd find in Miami.

Yeah, I'm not getting a sophisticated or luxury vibe whatsoever. The saloon doors and shutter windows are... tacky.

The private pools are above grade and not flush with the walk-out patio. A major design flaw in my opinion.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 11:49 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Honestly, at a Category 5 I personally wasn't expecting anything better - this is actually quite nice for that level. If you want more luxurious there are plenty of Category 8 properties to choose from (STR, W, JW, Ritz) and also a Category 7 (Westin).
ALGU, WasKnown and Izanoroly like this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 5:37 pm

Photos credit: @enisfakhrunisya

ALGU likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:44 pm

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond
Property just posted a room walkthrough story on their IG.
imverge likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:56 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ALGU
Property just posted a room walkthrough story on their IG.
I saved the story and can re-upload it wherever. Not sure what's the best practice for anonymous video uploads. TBH, it looks fine. It isn't luxurious by any definition of the term (bathroom seems nice though) but it also costs just $200 worth of Marriott points per night on FNF standard pricing. Honestly, I think the color scheme is the aspect of the room that is doing the most damage. Those shades of pink and blue just look... unappealing... But I don't think anyone is coming here expecting a WA Maldives-level hard product.

Even after the transfer cost is factored in, this is a sub-$400/night Maldives resort on a points redemption. Based on these initial videos, I'm not sure it's actually worth the cash rate though.

I think the deal-breaker for if I personally keep my reservation here vs. add days to another reservation at a different resort will come down to reviews.
imverge and ALGU like this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 11:33 pm

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond
Originally Posted by WasKnown
Honestly, I think the color scheme is the aspect of the room that is doing the most damage. Those shades of pink and blue just look... unappealing... But I don't think anyone is coming here expecting a WA Maldives-level hard product.
Funny that the saloon door blue reminds me of the WA Reef/Beach Villa gate. I prefer the color scheme of the beach villas. I wonder if the OWV are all painted the same color since the 2 Br OWV didn’t seem to have the same pink from their walkthrough.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by Sean Robertson
We purchased insurance from Trawick International (www.trawickinternational.com). It was just $69, but trip interruption coverage is limited to 100% of our upfront outlay of $2,500 since we booked the room on points. Obviously that wouldn't cover the full cost of 14 extra days in separate accommodations, but the insurance, Marriott's extra discounts, the 20% Platinum discount and points on the card would take some of the pain out of it. It also covers emergency medical evacuation if things get really bad.

Has anybody seen whether there are alternatives to remaining at LM for quarantine? It seems like it might be preferable to quarantine near medical facilities in Male and hopefully that would be more affordable as well?
Apparently there is an option to quarantine at a government facility...not sure I would opt for that though.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 6:07 am

I'm out. We are now between the Park Hyatt and the St. Regis.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 6:22 am

Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by shoodawg
I'm out. We are now between the Park Hyatt and the St. Regis.
Why not both? Different points currencies anyway. If you’re paying cash, perhaps you could consider One&Only and Cheval Blanc Randheli.

I don’t think the LM was ever a contender to be a substitute for the STR or PH in the Maldives. It’s a fraction of the cost.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 7:06 am

ALGU likes this.

Last edited by imverge; Aug 24, 2021 at 7:12 am
Old Aug 24, 2021, 8:24 am

It isn't luxurious by any definition of the term (bathroom seems nice though) but it also costs just $200 worth of Marriott points per night on FNF standard pricing. Honestly, I think the color scheme is the aspect of the room that is doing the most damage. Those shades of pink and blue just look... unappealing....
The bathroom is very nice probably the nicest part of the room that's I've seen so far. Now that shade of pink looks awfully familiar and so do those window shutters...

WasKnown likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by imverge
The bathroom is very nice probably the nicest part of the room that's I've seen so far. Now that shade of pink looks awfully familiar and so do those window shutters...

Looks like beach villas will be blue and OVW villas will be pink. Why did they pick this color scheme??? I would have preferred at least a navy blue (like LM Central Park) to this.
imverge likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 3:21 pm

Any Marriott Pros

You pros have amazing angles so checking to see what angles might still exist for a stay later this year. We are not Marriott loyalist per say, albeit consider lifetime Platinum but Marriott keeps changing (devaluing) programs so we shy away.

MARRIOTT PROFILE
- Marriott Platinum status (first year)
- Chase Bonvoy Business
- Amex Bonvoy Personal
- Fair amount of Marriott points available.
——
- Amex Platinum & Chase Sapphire holder

STAY
- Maldives Le Meridian (mainly on points)
- Platinum amenity for breakfast

QUESTIONS

Hopper flights - Looking for ways to reduce our-of-pocket hopper flight expenses. Flights get billed to room, so Chase Sapphire credit will work. Considering an upgrade to Marriott Brilliant as $300 could right back with the stay from the flights. Doubt the add of 15 credits matters since we already one from business, one from personal. How could the extra $150 be realized? Maybe an upgrade sub available, though not counting on it.

Food. We are using plat perk for breakfasts. Any other ways to minimize food cost (beyond packing our own?) Example, bill a dinner to hotel room and use points.

Other considerations - are there other considerations given the profile above? Upgrades, events, activities? What ideas might the Marriott and points experts consider?

Even past this stay, what smart plays are the cards?

—-
yes, we are budget travelers and realize the concept of Maldives conflicts with the concept of budget respectfully requesting not to discuss the spirit of the location or thoughts on budget travel to Maldives thank you.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 4:52 pm

Unfortunately, there is no way to minimize the food cost with Marriott points. However, if you bill it to the room, you could pay it off with points from the the US Bank Altitude Reserve through real time rewards. Those points would be valued at 1.5 cents/point. Alternatively, you could put all of your grocery spend before the trip onto the CSR and use Chase PYB to earn yourself cash back in the form of 1.5 cents / point. Then, you can simply save up that money and use it on food when it’s time for your trip.

If your wife is eligible, it might be worthwhile to have her apply for the Chase Sapphire Preferred in branch. This would yield you a waived annual fee for the first year (again, must apply physically in branch for this) and 100K UR points. She could transfer the points to you and you could turn it into $1500 through Chase Pay Yourself Back. That’s $1500 worth of groceries and therefore $1500 saved foe your trip.

Don’t let anyone on this forum discourage you from traveling the way you want to travel.
SPN Lifer, imverge, ALGU and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 10:35 pm

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Unfortunately, there is no way to minimize the food cost with Marriott points. However, if you bill it to the room, you could pay it off with points from the the US Bank Altitude Reserve through real time rewards. Those points would be valued at 1.5 cents/point. Alternatively, you could put all of your grocery spend before the trip onto the CSR and use Chase PYB to earn yourself cash back in the form of 1.5 cents / point. Then, you can simply save up that money and use it on food when it’s time for your trip.

If your wife is eligible, it might be worthwhile to have her apply for the Chase Sapphire Preferred in branch. This would yield you a waived annual fee for the first year (again, must apply physically in branch for this) and 100K UR points. She could transfer the points to you and you could turn it into $1500 through Chase Pay Yourself Back. That’s $1500 worth of groceries and therefore $1500 saved foe your trip.

Don’t let anyone on this forum discourage you from traveling the way you want to travel.
'Instant Redemption' might be an option. There's no list of participating hotels that I can find. It's not great value.. but if you have a lot of points and don't want to spend cash...
https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/red...ant-rewards.mi

Ron.
imverge, ALGU and WasKnown like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.