FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:56 pm
WasKnown

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ALGU
Property just posted a room walkthrough story on their IG.
I saved the story and can re-upload it wherever. Not sure what's the best practice for anonymous video uploads. TBH, it looks fine. It isn't luxurious by any definition of the term (bathroom seems nice though) but it also costs just $200 worth of Marriott points per night on FNF standard pricing. Honestly, I think the color scheme is the aspect of the room that is doing the most damage. Those shades of pink and blue just look... unappealing... But I don't think anyone is coming here expecting a WA Maldives-level hard product.

Even after the transfer cost is factored in, this is a sub-$400/night Maldives resort on a points redemption. Based on these initial videos, I'm not sure it's actually worth the cash rate though.

I think the deal-breaker for if I personally keep my reservation here vs. add days to another reservation at a different resort will come down to reviews.