Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 3, 2019, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
FAQ from Jan 19/22 email from Marriott:

Can I Still Order Travel Package Awards?

Information on Marriott Bonvoy® Travel Packages
No. Due to varying factors such as low volume in demand, we are no longer selling Travel Package Awards as of January 19, 2022.

Q: What happens to the Travel Package Award I already have in my Account?

If you have a Travel Package Award attached to an existing Reservation, rest assured, we will be honoring your stay and no additional action is required.

Please Note:
The airline miles portion of the Travel Package Award was deposited to you at the time of purchase of the Travel Package Award and, therefore, will not be refunded.

Q: What happens if I need to modify or cancel my Travel Package Award redemption Reservation after March 2, 2022?

If you modify or cancel a Redemption Reservation that has a Travel Package Award attached to it after March 2, 2022, you must contact Member Support to cancel the Travel Package Award, after which you will receive a full Marriott Bonvoy® Point refund for the Hotel portion of the Award. Please visit https://www.marriott.com/help/loyalt...mer-support.mi to find the appropriate Member Support phone number based on your geographic location.

Q: How many Points will I be refunded?

Members will receive a full Marriott Bonvoy® Points refund for the Hotel portion of the Travel Package Award. The refund will be based on the current Points redemption category levels and will equal the sum of the Peak Points Redemption Rate per each Night of the Travel Package Award, at the highest category for which the Award was eligible. The airline miles portion of the Travel Package Award was deposited to you at the time of purchase of the Travel Package Award and, therefore, will not be refunded.

Print Wikipost

Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2019, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by PSPandBA
How does one obtain these 7 day certificates?
They are officially called "Travel Packages". Used to be a far better value.

Link to info: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/red...l/packages.mi?
Old Nov 2, 2019, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by PSPandBA
How does one obtain these 7 day certificates?
They were part of Travel Package awards offered by Marriott, purchased by redeeming a specified number of Marriott reward points. The awards consisted of 7 (or 5 in some cases) free nights and a certain number of airline miles (amount varied by airline and amount of points redeemed/paid).

The current version of these Travel Packages may be found at https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/red...l/packages.mi? but are not as good a deal as the old program (ended in August 2018).
Old Nov 2, 2019, 5:14 pm
Suspended
Original Poster
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by eethan
It was fun to get in on this deal, but frankly, this whole affair was a big time waster for Marriott and for Marriott's customers.
I think those people who know of the TP, purchased them, endured and enjoyed all the funs are just a small percentage of Bonv*y members. Most people are not even involved or even know what TP is.

Enjoy while you/we can....
Old Nov 6, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: Marriott LTPP
Can someone please provide me with the telephone number of Marriott Customer Care in Ireland?
Old Nov 6, 2019, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Safti
Can someone please provide me with the telephone number of Marriott Customer Care in Ireland?
I added the UK number to the wiki if that works for you.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 11:28 pm

For anyone wanting to extend their certificate for another year, best of luck. The company line is that these cannot be extended anymore, and I heard that through every channel: online chat, email and phone.

Your hope is to luck out and get a very good agent with the ability and caring to do a one time extension. Not easy, but possible. It is an exception, as a bunch of notes were added while performing the transaction for me.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by joeags
For anyone wanting to extend their certificate for another year, best of luck. The company line is that these cannot be extended anymore, and I heard that through every channel: online chat, email and phone.

Your hope is to luck out and get a very good agent with the ability and caring to do a one time extension. Not easy, but possible. It is an exception, as a bunch of notes were added while performing the transaction for me.
I just got my TP extended by one year yesterday. I got an agent who had no idea what she was doing. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she was amenable but was having some difficulties following the tech directions. I told her the code of the TP and as she followed the tech instructions out loud she was very proud of herself for accomplishing the feat. Now, maybe she was more compliant to my request because I am currently Ambassador status. I'm not sure. She also told me that when booking the TP, it doesn't matter whether it is standard/ off peak/ or peak season. The TP for the category you own doesn't go by season. Whew.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 6:40 am

When I look at the Wiki for TP's it says to "look here" for gifting. It then takes me to "Enterprise" and asks me to sign in. What is this about?
Old Nov 7, 2019, 5:41 pm

Just got mine extended another year, expired 12/13/2019, now extended to 11/07/2020. One call and done, maybe i got lucky or also the fact that i am titanium elite could have played a part. But didn't have to push much. Good luck all.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM
I had a old SPG 1-5 certificate, that got converted to a NC 4 certificate. I upgraded it to a 5, planning to use it, but now there is a hotel I would like to use it for that's a cat 8. I've called and they say they can't upgrade it past a 6. I asked about refund value (as I paid 105k to upgrade from 4-5) and she said 5k points.

Does any of this sound right? It all sounds wrong to me.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AZbba
I had a old SPG 1-5 certificate, that got converted to a NC 4 certificate. I upgraded it to a 5, planning to use it, but now there is a hotel I would like to use it for that's a cat 8. I've called and they say they can't upgrade it past a 6. I asked about refund value (as I paid 105k to upgrade from 4-5) and she said 5k points.

Does any of this sound right? It all sounds wrong to me.
She is correct. The old T&Cs for Travel Package no longer exist. New Travel Package T&Cs have come in effect many months ago - and the maximum amount you would be able to get back is, yes, 5K.

Nobody has succeeded in upgrading from a OC5 to a Cat 8 even in last year when the upgrades were feasible, as you had done so from NC4 to NC5. Upgrade path has long since been closed. I am actually surprised upgrade could still be possible to Cat 6 per the rep you talked to.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
She is correct. The old T&Cs for Travel Package no longer exist. New Travel Package T&Cs have come in effect many months ago - and the maximum amount you would be able to get back is, yes, 5K.

Nobody has succeeded in upgrading from a OC5 to a Cat 8 even in last year when the upgrades were feasible, as you had done so from NC4 to NC5. Upgrade path has long since been closed. I am actually surprised upgrade could still be possible to Cat 6 per the rep you talked to.
I agree. At the time my old category 6 mapped to a new category 4. I successfully upgraded it to a new category 5 back when I was switching it from an old cat to a new cat. All agents have said that it's not possible to upgrade at all. No matter which category you currently hold.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I have read that its not possible to use someone else's cert on a reservation from my account. Is there any way around this? Has anyone had luck asking the hotel to change the name on the points advance reservation? Would this work?

The dates I booked are no longer available and I would rather use a friends travel cert then the points.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by onlysuites
I have read that its not possible to use someone else's cert on a reservation from my account. Is there any way around this? Has anyone had luck asking the hotel to change the name on the points advance reservation? Would this work?

The dates I booked are no longer available and I would rather use a friends travel cert then the points.
Not likely. I tried to get CS to change my MAR Number on a reservation to my SPG number (same name) and I was told they couldn’t do it, even after HUCA a few times. So I suspect changing the name would have the same results. I have been able to change my number on paid stays at the hotel however. Pretty sure that won’t work for an award stay.
onlysuites likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 3:49 am

Is it now possible to book hotels using the hotel certificates? I still have 2 seven night hotel certificates to use and I want to use them for Christmas, but I am worried about all the issues people are having and ended up without a booking when I turn up to the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.