Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 3, 2019, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
FAQ from Jan 19/22 email from Marriott:

Can I Still Order Travel Package Awards?

Information on Marriott Bonvoy® Travel Packages
No. Due to varying factors such as low volume in demand, we are no longer selling Travel Package Awards as of January 19, 2022.

Q: What happens to the Travel Package Award I already have in my Account?

If you have a Travel Package Award attached to an existing Reservation, rest assured, we will be honoring your stay and no additional action is required.

Please Note:
The airline miles portion of the Travel Package Award was deposited to you at the time of purchase of the Travel Package Award and, therefore, will not be refunded.

Q: What happens if I need to modify or cancel my Travel Package Award redemption Reservation after March 2, 2022?

If you modify or cancel a Redemption Reservation that has a Travel Package Award attached to it after March 2, 2022, you must contact Member Support to cancel the Travel Package Award, after which you will receive a full Marriott Bonvoy® Point refund for the Hotel portion of the Award. Please visit https://www.marriott.com/help/loyalt...mer-support.mi to find the appropriate Member Support phone number based on your geographic location.

Q: How many Points will I be refunded?

Members will receive a full Marriott Bonvoy® Points refund for the Hotel portion of the Travel Package Award. The refund will be based on the current Points redemption category levels and will equal the sum of the Peak Points Redemption Rate per each Night of the Travel Package Award, at the highest category for which the Award was eligible. The airline miles portion of the Travel Package Award was deposited to you at the time of purchase of the Travel Package Award and, therefore, will not be refunded.

Print Wikipost

Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2019, 9:22 pm

Partial package extension

Tried to extend a category 5 7-night partial package from 5/2020 to 9/2020. Called the Titanium line and the first 3 agents said it was not possible to extend it. Eventually the fourth agent was able to extend it. My guess is the agent themselves cannot do the extension and they must get approval from their supervisor. So HUCA until you you get an agent whose supervisor is willing to do it. My gut feeling is Marriott will make these extensions harder as time goes by.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 6:38 am
Suspended
Original Poster
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by thebest2012
Tried to extend a category 5 7-night partial package from 5/2020 to 9/2020. Called the Titanium line and the first 3 agents said it was not possible to extend it. Eventually the fourth agent was able to extend it. My guess is the agent themselves cannot do the extension and they must get approval from their supervisor. So HUCA until you you get an agent whose supervisor is willing to do it. My gut feeling is Marriott will make these extensions harder as time goes by.
So just keep HUCA until you get what you desire. Maybe some agent even make more mistake and grant us a NC8 TP. Sweet.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 4:25 pm

I know they were granting extra TP and extra points due to the IT issues. HUCA until you get a nice but clueless agent. If you ask me I love this IT shenanigan and hope they never get it right.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 3:35 pm

Programs: aeroplan spg
I have two category six certificates that I will be using on one category 4 and one category 5. Will Marriott convert the certificates down to a 4 and a 5 and give me back the point difference?
Old Oct 29, 2019, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
You can gift the seven night certificate by calling Marriott customer service, however they won’t get benefits based on your status. They might get benefit based on their own respective status.
The benefits go by the occupants who have the higher status from the recent experiences even the bookings are in the lower status guest account. That was told by BonVoy CS agents as well as how the hotels practice at least in our stays.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by gocolts
I have two category six certificates that I will be using on one category 4 and one category 5. Will Marriott convert the certificates down to a 4 and a 5 and give me back the point difference?
No. (At least, that has not been their practice.)
Old Oct 30, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: AA, Delta, Marriott, IHG
No, Marriott removed the ability to adjust the category after converting from the old certs to new. Then sometime this summer made a further change where ‘cashing in’ a certificate for points, new Cat 4 use to
be 45k and Cat 5 105k points are now worth only 5kpoints. I’d since when I’ve, twice, had to have Marriott fix mistakes that Marriott supposed supervisors made my account had shown 45k and 105k deposits followed by a reissue. I assume this will also show when they’re extended.

to quote the Corp Affairs rep, a very significant escalation, I was last in contact with ‘at least those are the rules currently I can’t guarantee what they’ll be tomorrow’
Old Oct 30, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: aeroplan spg
Originally Posted by Ripley62
No, Marriott removed the ability to adjust the category after converting from the old certs to new. Then sometime this summer made a further change where ‘cashing in’ a certificate for points, new Cat 4 use to
be 45k and Cat 5 105k points are now worth only 5kpoints. I’d since when I’ve, twice, had to have Marriott fix mistakes that Marriott supposed supervisors made my account had shown 45k and 105k deposits followed by a reissue. I assume this will also show when they’re extended.

to quote the Corp Affairs rep, a very significant escalation, I was last in contact with ‘at least those are the rules currently I can’t guarantee what they’ll be tomorrow’
So I just called the Platinum line and asked if I could downgrade both of my category 6's to category 5's. Agent said she didn't think so but put me on a long hold. When she came back, she had done the downgrade and I got back 120K points! (60K per certificate). The certificate expiry dates where then extended for one year from today. I then used both of the category 5's for two upcoming one week stays.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Marriott, IHG
So I just called the Platinum line and asked if I could downgrade both of my category 6's to category 5's. Agent said she didn't think so but put me on a long hold. When she came back, she had done the downgrade and I got back 120K points! (60K per certificate). The certificate expiry dates where then extended for one year from today. I then used both of the category 5's for two upcoming one week stays.
Congratulations that’s the best example of hang up and call again I’ve heard. Considering when my problems were fixed, and the Marriott office of consumer affairs who fixed them is quite a bit higher up the food chain than a supervisor, the activity showed refunds of points and then issuing different certs. All the while doing so I was told it wasn’t possible to refund points other than at 5k. Or maybe in the past month or so, there’s been such a backlash about this they changed policy.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: Marriott BonvAnnoyed
I just hope there are some consistencies in the policy! My Cat 1-4 certs were all converted at once last year even though I only wanted to use couple of them during my Dec,18 time off. Since then I am having trouble using these certs and I have heard that NC4 can be extended once after the OC5 conversion. So I called this morning, talked to very nice CSR, who knows what she is doing and asked me to hold on while she worked and attached one remaining cert (after the expiration date) by extending it. Then the line got dropped in the middle of conversion, I called again within 5 minutes and next rep was pretty much a No go from the get go, says these can't be extended and can't be attached to the booking. Sorry!
Old Oct 31, 2019, 10:34 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
It was fun to get in on this deal, but frankly, this whole affair was a big time waster for Marriott and for Marriott's customers.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 12:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Certs extensions aside, have any other members able to redeem and use the certs successfully?

When I last called some time last month to redeem for a stay in Feb 2020, I called in 3 times, each time every agent had an issue showing the e-cert attaching to my reservation on my end.
The agent would see the TP as attached on their system, but on my end, the reservation page keeps telling me to complete my reservation with the required points.
None of them were able to send me any physically email or confirmation that my TP was redeemed, the TP just magically disappears from my account.

The last agent was the most competent, explained to me that they are integrating systems due to the peak/off peak function.
She kept my booking open as a PA reservation, returned my TP back to my account and told me to wait till the new system to be completely implemented. No ETA was given.

This essentially preventing them from using the legacy system, and the new system isn't ready for these "leftover" TP to be properly attach into current reservations.
I suspect we with these extended certs are currently in a weird limbo space. I just want to use these certs and be over and done with!

Anyone care to share if they have success checking in the hotel recently with the above issue showing?
It would be terrible to turn up at a hotel and have them tell you they can't find your reservation for the next 7 nights..
Counsellor likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by bluestrudels
Certs extensions aside, have any other members able to redeem and use the certs successfully?
I've been fortunate. I had two old TPs. One I had attached in early 2018 to a reservation for December 2018; when August came I just let it sit and it weathered the change-over with no problem and stayed attached to the December reservation, which I used.

The other was one I wanted to use at a property that was coming down in redemption cost after the transition so I had not attached it to anything. In August, I was concerned by the "attach it to something or it may disappear" scare so before the change-over I attached it to a reservation I made at another property that I did not actually intend to stay at, then in December after the change-over I called and they detached and converted it and reattached it to a new reservation at the property I wanted to stay at all along, which now was able to be covered by the (converted) TP. I called in the early morning, probably around 3 AM, and got through right away, reached a knowledgeable CSR, and the whole thing took less than 15 minutes as I recall.

This summer I consumed that reservation, so both of my TPs worked out fine.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: Marriott BonvAnnoyed
I just used one of mine in early Oct. The reservation was saying points but I called again before check in (couple of days earlier) and agent was finally able to see the issue and was able to attach the cert. Now I am left with two more of these and hoping to use one in Dec and hoping for extension on one.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 11:57 am

How does one obtain these 7 day certificates?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.