Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Best value and conveniently located Marriott properties in Asia?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best value and conveniently located Marriott properties in Asia?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2019, 8:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by lsquare
That's amazing. Can the two hours be used at any time of the day?
That would be a truly amazing innovation from a hotel. In general elite happy hours, whether in lounges or in bars, are between fixed times in the evening. At the FP Riverview this is between 6pm and 8pm. A typical scenario for a lounge would be alcohol between 5.30pm-9.30pm with food available until 7.30pm. Each hotel varies. Some resorts without lounges will only give you two drinks in the bar between set times. Or none.
CO-PLAT and lsquare like this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 9:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ftrichard
That would be a truly amazing innovation from a hotel. In general elite happy hours, whether in lounges or in bars, are between fixed times in the evening. At the FP Riverview this is between 6pm and 8pm. A typical scenario for a lounge would be alcohol between 5.30pm-9.30pm with food available until 7.30pm. Each hotel varies. Some resorts without lounges will only give you two drinks in the bar between set times. Or none.
Happy hour in the bar is a key distinction in your post up thread. I find lounge happy hours to be pretty depressing ways to pass time unless I'm in a location that truly has nothing else to offer.
lsquare and ftrichard like this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by HollyGlen
But just a word of warning, the breakfast at LM KL is utter rubbish quality-wise, and you will find better Malaysian food in Seattle.
This one was truly a head-scratcher. I was there for 5 nights. The first day the food was so bad in the concierge lounge that we didn't plan to go back. We popped in the second night for a drink before going out and the food was much improved and we ended up not going out at all. One day the food would be truly exceptional, and the next it was rubbish. I have no idea why. I've never seen such inconsistency anywhere. The desserts in the concierge lounge at night were consistently great, especially the cakes. All in all, it was a pretty good stay. It was easy to get to and the pool was a lot of fun with the waterfall and waterslide.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 6:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by gora14
This one was truly a head-scratcher. I was there for 5 nights. SNIP
The poster was referring to an entertaining and truly deranged series of posts in another thread (I think it was the Bonvoy Hotels in KL thread but it could have been the Le Meridien KL Master Thread) that could find nothing right with Le Meridien KL (a hotel liked by many on here) and claimed, among many loony fantasies, that the sheer volume of (such poor quality) food at breakfast that he had to eat (because it was there?) ruined his ability to eat good food elsewhere in KL for the rest of the day. The poster believed extremely strongly that because he was paying for two rooms then all four occupants should benefit from his lounge access. Really, you should check it out. It's a real FT classic.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 11:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Amb, oneworld Ruby
Originally Posted by gora14
This one was truly a head-scratcher. I was there for 5 nights. The first day the food was so bad in the concierge lounge that we didn't plan to go back. We popped in the second night for a drink before going out and the food was much improved and we ended up not going out at all. One day the food would be truly exceptional, and the next it was rubbish. I have no idea why. I've never seen such inconsistency anywhere. The desserts in the concierge lounge at night were consistently great, especially the cakes. All in all, it was a pretty good stay. It was easy to get to and the pool was a lot of fun with the waterfall and waterslide.
@gora14 @ftrichard while my quoted post was sarcastic, I'm afraid I have to agree that there are the occasional nights when the food really sucks, and that's when the Malay-themed night is on. For some reason, the lounge team just can't cook a good Malay curry; the Malay curries served in the main restaurant are way better.

The rest of the lounge theme nights are pretty good though.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 8:56 am

I really want one of you guys (or me) to visit this hotel:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...tel-changping/

Since cash rates are more expensive than Beijing itself, and it is really far away from pretty much everywhere, it is not suitable for the OP's plans.

That having been said, Changping is extremely nice. @op I suggest you try a points redemption there.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by moondog
I really want one of you guys (or me) to visit this hotel:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...tel-changping/

Since cash rates are more expensive than Beijing itself, and it is really far away from pretty much everywhere, it is not suitable for the OP's plans.

That having been said, Changping is extremely nice. @op I suggest you try a points redemption there.
I just searched that property and you're right, it's really far from the main Beijing attractions. Why would anyone want to stay over there?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
I just searched that property and you're right, it's really far from the main Beijing attractions. Why would anyone want to stay over there?
Hot springs are the only draw, but I really like them.
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.