Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Best value and conveniently located Marriott properties in Asia?

Old Aug 6, 2019, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

I’m looking at my travels to Asia so far and I find that I tend to go to Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Singapore, Taipei, Kuala Lumpur, and Tokyo. If I were to do mattress runs in these citi, which ones would you pick? If you are staying and looking for value in a convenient location, which properties in these cities would you pick?

Old Aug 6, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
delete
EuropeanPete and lsquare like this.

Last edited by SHLTP; Dec 22, 2019 at 8:06 pm
Old Aug 6, 2019, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
I’m looking at my travels to Asia so far and I find that I tend to go to Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Singapore, Taipei, Kuala Lumpur, and Tokyo. If I were to do mattress runs in these citi, which ones would you pick? If you are staying and looking for value in a convenient location, which properties in these cities would you pick?

KL because there are lots of properties there and it’s cheap.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SHLTP
For mattress runs, KL. Tons of properties in the $100 USD range, often sub $100 that are good. LM is excellent value. Sheraton not great but for mattress ok. I think we paid $69 USD a night for 3 of us at LM. One of the best deals in whole sister
Sorry, but what’s LM?
Old Aug 6, 2019, 9:01 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

Sorry, but what’s LM?
LeMeridien
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 9:31 am
KKD

Programs: Marriott
Le Meridien.
All the best!
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Depending on where you are based you might prefer Indonesia for the cheapest mattress runs in Asia. KL is pretty good though...
Old Aug 6, 2019, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Depending on where you are based you might prefer Indonesia for the cheapest mattress runs in Asia. KL is pretty good though...
I read about Indonesia, but there are couple of problems. Unless things have changed since I was in Indonesia, I need a visa. I prefer a city that have a rail connection to the city centre.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

There are several Courtyards in Hong kong ( inc one at Sha tin) which might be reasonable. I'm not sure I would go just now due to the small potential risk of disruption due to demonstrations but summer has highr risks of showers /typhoons . I went in the first week of December last year and loved all the decorations

Regards

TBS
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

There are several Courtyards in Hong kong ( inc one at Sha tin) which might be reasonable. I'm not sure I would go just now due to the small potential risk of disruption due to demonstrations but summer has highr risks of showers /typhoons . I went in the first week of December last year and loved all the decorations

Regards

TBS
Which HK courtyard is the most centrally located?
Old Aug 6, 2019, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Which HK courtyard is the most centrally located?

Hi,

The courtyard HK ( on Connaught Road) will be more convenient ( it is a bit west of the Macau ferry terminal on HK island) but with 2 subway/ metro stations near by. The other Courtyard ( Sha tin) is a bit further out.

Regards

TBS
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
The other Courtyard ( Sha tin) is a bit further out.
A bit? It's probably an hour on public transport to TST or Central. 20-30 minutes without traffic in a taxi.

It is a decent award category 2 option with lounge if you want to do a 5 or 10 night stint to get a lot of cheapish nights in...
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A bit? It's probably an hour on public transport to TST or Central. 20-30 minutes without traffic in a taxi.

It is a decent award category 2 option with lounge if you want to do a 5 or 10 night stint to get a lot of cheapish nights in...
Hi,

Thanks. I did not think it took that long to Sha tin on the train from TST ( in November I was at the Hyatt TST and took the train to TST, walked passed Snoopy World and then explored the Ten Thousand Buddhas Monestary ( a good workout climbing the stairs) but given the additonal walk to the Courtyard , aan hour would not be too far off

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 6, 2019, 4:52 pm

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Gotta love Surabaya. Cheapest Marriotts i found so far. 30$ a night. Great at the beginning of the year to get the nights up.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Hi,

Regards

TBS
Hi,

The courtyard HK ( on Connaught Road) will be more convenient ( it is a bit west of the Macau ferry terminal on HK island) but with 2 subway/ metro stations near by. The other Courtyard ( Sha tin) is a bit further out.

Regards

TBS
Wow, am I reading this properly? That Marriott is a Category 5?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.