Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Thank you for your loyalty’ Gift Card Received via e-Mail

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Thank you for your loyalty’ Gift Card Received via e-Mail

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2019, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Just got a credit of 60,000 pts for my 6-night stay at the St Regis Bali.
Happy and margarita girl like this.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Our apologies for any inconvenience. If you send us the details of this stay to the email address below, we would be glad to follow up on your behalf.

[email protected]
It took a couple weeks, but the Bonvoy team resolved this and the hotel provided a $50 credit.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: Bonvoy
I've tried to use this card twice now. the marriott in my town doesnt know how to use it. I took my kids out for breakfast and checked the balance a few weeks later to see if i had some $ left. to my surprise, it was the full amount of the GC. A few days ago, I was in the area, went back in and talked to the bartender, who offered for me to eat again and he'd process the card properly. To my surprise, when the bill came, he came up to me and said when he input the card number it froze his POS computer with a red screen and garbled numbers, no matter what he tried. he gave me a bill with $5 on it for a beer discounting my meal. I wonder if this is a widespread problem at marriotts?
Old Aug 3, 2019, 3:19 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Amex Centurion, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by mrboom
Regarding above, sounds like another example of poor service at a W.

I am a bit irritated I did not receive a gift card so I reached out to my Ambassador to see if they had sent one and I did not see it. Negative. I was told that I had not been selected and that maybe i would be in the future.

Disappointing that lifetime titanium with Ambassador is not worth $50 to Marriott. Seems like Marriott is sending the wrong message
I second this and echo your irritation. I didn't even bother asking my Ambassador. Between the growing pains during transition, not getting targeted for any of the promos, and threads like this one, I decided to protest with my wallet. 150+ night Ambassador guest for last 2 years and I'm at 97 nights for the year and ~$2k short of the $20k requirement. Cancelled all of my Marriott stays for the next 4 months and booked at Hyatt.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by xychromosome
Tried using my $50 'thank-you' GC at the Atlanta W last month. Initially it looked like $50 came off my stay total according to my credit card activity, but then the next day the $50 was added back making me think the GC didn't work and the hotel just charged me the $50. So I tried using it again at the Westin in Pittsburgh yesterday and they couldn't get it to work. Is it worth going through the Bonvoy customer service machine to figure out how to use this $50?
As a follow up to my post above, I was able to use this gift card at a recent stay thanks to assistance from Marriott Bonvoy Lurker. Not sure what the issue was at the other 2 hotels I tried it at, the front desk manager at my last hotel took all of 10 seconds to apply it to my bill.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: Bonvoy
Im curious if you check the gift card balance on marriott's site if the card was debited.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by farmerbob
Im curious if you check the gift card balance on marriott's site if the card was debited.
Yep, 0 balance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.