Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Thank you for your loyalty’ Gift Card Received via e-Mail

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Thank you for your loyalty’ Gift Card Received via e-Mail

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Duke777
Context: Lifetime Plat, Ambassador for past 5-6 years, dropped to Titanium this year (preferred to get 80+ nights with Hyatt last year), and only a handful of stays/nights this year (already locked up Hyatt Globalist).

Didn't receive anything. Quite used to this as I almost never got anything as an Ambassador (just resentment). Most hotels still refer to me as Platinum. As long as my points start posting and IT issues get fixed, I'll survive.
is it worth the move to Hyatt Globalist? I am seriously considering it.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by Circusplaza
is it worth the move to Hyatt Globalist? I am seriously considering it.
If the Hyatt footprint doesn't hinder you, yes, absolutely.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 2:05 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Lifetime Platinum. Only a couple of nights this year. I received an email with a Thank you and $50 Bonvoy card #.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott Bonvoy (Gold)
Gift Redemption Attempt- Unsuccessful

Did anyone successfully redeem this gift?

Just asked the front desk at Boscolo Extrada Nice (autograph collection) and was told they haven’t received any memo from Marriott and are not going to accept it.

Terms and conditions include Autograph Collection® Hotel but also say “participating hotels”.

I sent an email to [email protected] as per the term and conditions. Got an auto reply that response will be from Givex Client Services. Then received an auto reply from Givex Client Services that I must open a ticket via a different email ([email protected]) 😬
Old Jun 7, 2019, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by peroorim

Just asked the front desk at Boscolo Extrada Nice (autograph collection) and was told they haven’t received any memo from Marriott and are not going to accept it.

Terms and conditions include Autograph Collection® Hotel but also say “participating hotels”.

I sent an email to [email protected] as per the term and conditions. Got an auto reply that response will be from Givex Client Services. Then received an auto reply from Givex Client Services that I must open a ticket via a different email ([email protected]) ��
When I registered the gift certificate on giftcard.marriott.com, it shows up just like any other Marriott gift cards, status active, value $50. History IIRC, issued by either marketing or sales. Therefore it should work just like any other Marriott eGift card which requires manual entry at payment.

Did they even try to redeem the certificate as a gift card thru the payment system? It obviously requires manual entry on the GESX screen that handles manual entry of gift card payment. The dept handles payments should be able to see that screen in the internal system.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 8:39 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN

I sent an email to [email protected] as per the term and conditions. Got an auto reply that response will be from Givex Client Services. Then received an auto reply from Givex Client Services that I must open a ticket via a different email ([email protected]) 😬
I redeemed it successfully at Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre a few days ago. I presented it at check in, and they retained it.
peroorim likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 2:40 pm

I redeemed it this morning at the St. Regis Rome. No problems at all.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by jdj84

At what exchange rate?
Old Jun 7, 2019, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by CLEguy
At what exchange rate?
I got €44.43, which is actually better than the current exchange rate 🤷🏻.
CLEguy likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob

I got €44.43, which is actually better than the current exchange rate 🤷🏻.
US$50 = 44.08 Euros on XE right now. I find the exchange is usually within pennies of the XE rate, so it might have been the exchange at the time of day you did your redemption.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
US$50 = 44.08 Euros on XE right now. I find the exchange is usually within pennies of the XE rate, so it might have been the exchange at the time of day you did your redemption.
which is a refreshing change from Fairmont, where they used to give you some ridiculous rip-off rate on gift cards!
Old Jun 7, 2019, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob

which is a refreshing change from Fairmont, where they used to give you some ridiculous rip-off rate on gift cards!
Off topic for this forum, but I need to correct you. Fairmont also gives the XE rate for gift cards that you purchase. (I've used several hundred dollars worth at the Fairmont SIN.) They use the front desk rate for those food/spa certificates that they used to give away for free and don't exist anymore thanks to Accor. (I've used quite a few of those too.) You can still buy the gift cards on sale twice per year (May and Black Friday)..
Old Jun 8, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott Bonvoy (Gold)

Originally Posted by Happy
When I registered the gift certificate on giftcard.marriott.com, it shows up just like any other Marriott gift cards, status active, value $50. History IIRC, issued by either marketing or sales. Therefore it should work just like any other Marriott eGift card which requires manual entry at payment.

Did they even try to redeem the certificate as a gift card thru the payment system? It obviously requires manual entry on the GESX screen that handles manual entry of gift card payment. The dept handles payments should be able to see that screen in the internal system.
They looked at the email said they have heard nothing about it after calling a supervisor to confirm. Will try the Marriott gift card route.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They looked at the email said they have heard nothing about it after calling a supervisor to confirm. Will try the Marriott gift card route.
If it is in US or Canada, the front desk personnel should be able to call the Help Desk on how to enter the gift card info manually. Given you are trying to use this at Nice, with over 7 or 8 hours time zone difference, it may be tough to get the Help Desk which my understanding is not open 24/7.

Registered your GC and then print out the details online that shows the details - amount, status, issued on / by. Then together with the email print out, the hotel SHOULD know this is a legitimate eGift card and redeem it accordingly.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Checked out at CY Bremen and tried to use the GC, FDC refused as she doesn't know how to process the payment.
CLEguy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.