Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Walt Disney World Swan Reserve, Autograph Collection - Orlando, FL [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Walt Disney World Swan Reserve, Autograph Collection - Orlando, FL [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2019, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Thanks for the info on location. I thought that might be possible (and yet you don't post so, OOME). Going to make using the boat transport or walking to Epcot and Hollywood Studios even a longer trek than from the Swan and Dolphin.
sorry why is it going to be longer?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 4:47 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
I misread the location and had it on the opposite side in my mind
Old Mar 15, 2019, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by Nuhusky
The swan and dolphin heavily index on conferences which I personally find odd given the Disney location. Guess hotel management figured they would build another building with business guests who want luxury in mind. As a guest on vacation it’s kind of annoying having to deal with the conferences and I am sure as a person at the conference it’s annoying to deal with the guests and their kids
For what it's worth, Walt Disney World is a desirable location for meetings. Aside from this third-party development, Disney recently expanded the Convention Center and Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts. And the new 500-room, 15-floor tower under construction at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort is being added to bring that facility in line with what meeting planners expect from a hotel with am on-site convention center.

Article on Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resort expansion: https://www.disneymeetingsandevents....ention-center/
Article on Disney's Coronado Springs Resort expansion: https://www.disneymeetingsandevents....jor-expansion/
Old Aug 16, 2020, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

I did a check in on status for the cove and they have 7 of the 14 floors built. Construction was not slowed by covid and Marriott is still planning for a March 21 opening date. Although I’d bet the opening date is probably post March but fingers crossed on this one. This is a good link for status in June

https://wdwnt.com/2020/06/photos-con...parks-closure/

I for one NEED a Disney vacation but find the swan and dolphin tired and old. Can’t wait for the cove given the location. Although I’m excited about the jw bonnet creek the location does not even compete with the swan and dolphin. The cove could become the perfect option To burn points
Old Aug 16, 2020, 1:56 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Given how expensive the JW is, and the JW isn't even a "Disney Resort", I suspect the Cove will be stratospheric, assuming it IS a "Disney Resort", like the Swan and Dolphin. I'm expecting prices for the Cove to compete with the Grand Floridian/Contemporary (well north of $500/night).
Old Aug 16, 2020, 4:55 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by jimrpa
Given how expensive the JW is, and the JW isn't even a "Disney Resort", I suspect the Cove will be stratospheric, assuming it IS a "Disney Resort", like the Swan and Dolphin. I'm expecting prices for the Cove to compete with the Grand Floridian/Contemporary (well north of $500/night).
none are official Disney resorts, besides EMH and transportation.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Given The cove is part of the swan And dolphin I can’t see a scenario where the cove does not have equal Disney benefits including its own bus stop

i do expect the cove to cost a premium of the swan or dolphin but will be a fantastic redemption hotel

given the swan is a Westin and the swan a Sheraton what will the cove become?

my gut says, autograph or renaissance

but could also go the way of le meridian, luxury collection or edition

thoughts on the brand behind the cove?
Old Aug 16, 2020, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by Nuhusky
Given The cove is part of the swan And dolphin I can’t see a scenario where the cove does not have equal Disney benefits including its own bus stop

i do expect the cove to cost a premium of the swan or dolphin but will be a fantastic redemption hotel

given the swan is a Westin and the swan a Sheraton what will the cove become?

my gut says, autograph or renaissance

but could also go the way of le meridian, luxury collection or edition

thoughts on the brand behind the cove?
I was told by Swan staff that the Cove will be an Autograph
Old Aug 16, 2020, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by TravisMT81
none are official Disney resorts, besides EMH and transportation.
Actually, the Swan and Dolphin ARE Other Select Deluxe Hotels in the same category as the Grand Floridian, the Contemporary, the Polynesian, etc. You can totally book them on Disneyworld.com. I suspect that the Cove is going to fall into the same category, since it's being built on the ground that Disney leased to the developer for Swan & Dolphin. I think the JW fell into the same Category as the WA, Hilton, and everything else over at BC - grudging acknowledged to exist by Disney, but not afforded any recognition other than the bare minimum necessary.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

I was told by Swan staff that the Cove will be an Autograph
makes sense. I’m generally a fan of autograph hotels. Hopefully they have duvets vs courtyard sheets.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 1:18 am

Actually, the Swan and Dolphin ARE Other Select Deluxe Hotels in the same category as the Grand Floridian, the Contemporary, the Polynesian, etc. You can totally book them on Disneyworld.com. I suspect that the Cove is going to fall into the same category, since it's being built on the ground that Disney leased to the developer for Swan & Dolphin. I think the JW fell into the same Category as the WA, Hilton, and everything else over at BC - grudging acknowledged to exist by Disney, but not afforded any recognition other than the bare minimum necessary.
Actually, no. They may get almost the same perks (60-day FP, EMH, and 180+10 dining - all irrelevant now - plus, free theme park parking) as official Disney resorts, but they are not Disney resorts. Being bookable on disneyworld.com does not make them Disney resorts.

As for the Bonnett Creek properties (WA, Hilton, Wyndham), and even the Hotel Plaza Blvd hotels: with the exception of the free theme park parking they all have access to the same perks as the Swan & Dolphin. The perks are, of course, useless now but with the exception of parking all these properties were treated equally before the pandemic. The only other remaining difference is the superior location of the Swan & Dolphin, and as a result of that they're included in the Disney-operated bus & boat network. The level of recognition Disney offers any of them is a direct result of how big of a check Disney gets from them.

That said, I do agree that The Cove will likely have the same status as the Swan & Dolphin.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 2:04 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Am I the only one who thinks that this is a terrible name for a hotel? It just reminds me of the movie by the same name which is all about the slaughter of dolphins in Japan.
Ironically, it's next to a hotel called The Dolphin... But imagine if they built this in Tokyo Disneyland/Sea
Old Aug 17, 2020, 8:00 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
From Coastal Construction at https://coastalconstruction.com/proj...osts/the-cove/

The Cove, a new 349-room hotel in Orlando, Florida is owned by New York-based real estate firm, Tishman Hotels Group. Designed by Gensler Architects, the new hotel will carry the Marriott Autograph Collection flag and will sit on the current site of the existing resort’s tennis courts. Planned with executives and groups in mind, the 14-story hotel will add 198 traditional rooms and 151 suites with separate living and working spaces that can transform from a traditional hotel room into a more professional meeting space, with large conference tables and built-in AV systems. The new hotel will also feature an additional 22,000 square feet of meeting space, including two ballrooms and a rooftop terrace. Other amenities will include a restaurant, lounge, grab-and-go market and an upscale craft cocktail bar in the lobby, full-service health club and a lushly landscaped 16,800-square-foot elevated deck with a fire pit and 90-foot-long pool.

(There are large renderings too.)
writerguyfl and svo242 like this.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Now the big question. Will it have a concierge lounge? The jw bonnet creek has one, in fact one of only a few hotels in Orlando with such a lounge. Will the cove? The would be a game changer of swan and dolphin hotels

i say no but a guy can dream
Old Aug 31, 2020, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

The cove is being renamed to the Walt Disney world Swan Reserve

also fantastic write up by the points guy

https://thepointsguy.com/news/disney...reserve-hotel/
GroupChickTravelin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.