Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Walt Disney World Swan Reserve, Autograph Collection - Orlando, FL [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Walt Disney World Swan Reserve, Autograph Collection - Orlando, FL [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2023, 11:34 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by shablagoo
​​​​​​Also I'm reading they will invite a few guests onto the roof to view fireworks?
Yes, I believe it happens once, maybe twice a week. The criteria to get the invite seem somewhat opaque. Apparently, the staff have a lot of leeway, but it's not entirely status-based. It's very nice up there. They have the sound from the fireworks piped into their speakers, and it's a pretty neat perspective. They also serve wine and beer and very light snacks (think mixed nuts, trail mix, etc).
It's definitely nicer than stressing out trying to find "the perfect spot" around World Showcase Lagoon 2 hours before the fireworks start.
jalves and patmcpsu like this.
Old Nov 10, 2023, 2:58 pm

Titanium benefits for third party booking

I booked a 2 night stay through the capital one portal (needed to use my $300 voucher).

Have any Marriott elites received any benefits when booking through a third party? I booked the lowest tier suite, but would love a slight upgrade to a suite with a view.

i know most hotels are stingy with benefits if booking through a third party, but sometimes you get lucky.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 8:16 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
Did two nights here this weekendish (Sun-Mon). Booked on that earlier Thursday.

Check-in: Valet was prompt, no wait at front desk and was checked in promptly. FD noted my upgrade that was made prior to arrival and offered me various welcome benefits on-top of my points or breakfast credit for two. I chose the stock up package which gave us cereral, milk, soda but didn't know we had to actually claim it at the quick stop so we never did so since we were on the move.

Booked a standard room with AAA rate, got upgraded to a epcot suite which has it's own living room, dining area and overall a basic nice apartment. This was done prior to arrival which was nice. Not the presidential suite like last time but perfect still. You can tell some wear within the rooms as one chair had a broken piece on the dining room table, and the bathroom barn doors are getting scrape lines. All the type-c and usb's around plus power is extremely nice, even in the dining room table there's outlets. As Ambassador I found a note with some spitz's upon walk in. This seems to be a standard for them as my past 2-3 stays there's been a note with the property managers card.

For room-service it was done and I love to mention not being woken up at 9AM to get my room cleaned, we left around 10:30 and never got a knock. Same for check-out. They did advise late-check outs had to be requested "day of checkout" to see if they could accommodate. If I needed it I'd have pushed it at check-in but I had a 9am flight, no reason to fight for something I don't need.

Disney wasn't my primary reason for being there but I was able to link my res to my hotel with no effort at all in the my disney app, they offered a shuttle which are basically still private vans since they do 1-2 people at a time lol. We drove there as a quick flash of the swan card and your parking is free. I was going to ask if there was a difference I could pay for preferred parking but didn't want to deal with confusion.

Any time we needed our vehicle from Valet it was extremely quick and was always redeemed through their text system.

Sidenote: the "Minnie-Van's" do pick-up and drop off there, extremely useful if you don't want to bother with your own vehicle.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 9:15 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Lovely Stay

Had a chance to stay her as a Platinum last week- used an upgrade award and scored the Epcot signature suite which was a great room overall. Loved the service at the hotel, and found the location to be fine (I do like being a bit closer to the walking path but I'll take a better room every time). Nice turndown service with lollipops. Opted to take the points instead of breakfast for my one night stay since I was going to be up early in the parks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W06rsclbTtc

Last edited by TheTravelPlaybook; Apr 23, 2024 at 11:23 am
Old Apr 23, 2024, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA *Alliance
Finished up a few night stay at the Dolphin and I thought it was kind of interesting that staying across the street at Swan/Dolphin basically allowed you to use the amenities over at Swan Reserve. When parking was full at the Dolphin, you were directed to park at the Swan Reserve. Another amusing thing, they have advertisements everywhere for a signature tangerine popsicle at the poolside bar. No such popsicle exists, employees had no idea what I was referring to. One seemed to remember it when they had first started a year prior.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.