FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Walt Disney World Swan Reserve, Autograph Collection - Orlando, FL [Master Thread]
Old Aug 17, 2020, 1:18 am
CosmicGirl

Originally Posted by jimrpa
Actually, the Swan and Dolphin ARE Other Select Deluxe Hotels in the same category as the Grand Floridian, the Contemporary, the Polynesian, etc. You can totally book them on Disneyworld.com. I suspect that the Cove is going to fall into the same category, since it's being built on the ground that Disney leased to the developer for Swan & Dolphin. I think the JW fell into the same Category as the WA, Hilton, and everything else over at BC - grudging acknowledged to exist by Disney, but not afforded any recognition other than the bare minimum necessary.
Actually, no. They may get almost the same perks (60-day FP, EMH, and 180+10 dining - all irrelevant now - plus, free theme park parking) as official Disney resorts, but they are not Disney resorts. Being bookable on disneyworld.com does not make them Disney resorts.

As for the Bonnett Creek properties (WA, Hilton, Wyndham), and even the Hotel Plaza Blvd hotels: with the exception of the free theme park parking they all have access to the same perks as the Swan & Dolphin. The perks are, of course, useless now but with the exception of parking all these properties were treated equally before the pandemic. The only other remaining difference is the superior location of the Swan & Dolphin, and as a result of that they're included in the Disney-operated bus & boat network. The level of recognition Disney offers any of them is a direct result of how big of a check Disney gets from them.

That said, I do agree that The Cove will likely have the same status as the Swan & Dolphin.