Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Celebrates w/ Enhanced Benefits & Experiences in Asia Pacific

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy Celebrates w/ Enhanced Benefits & Experiences in Asia Pacific

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by naumank
I was wondering about the same thing. Who lost lounge access?
All Plat and higher at Prince Gallery Tokyo.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 4:16 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Spa benefits do not replace lounge access.
The Prince Gallery (LC) in Tokyo....
Best not to introduce confusion by presenting a property-specific issue as a generic program devaluation though. @:-)
Old Feb 23, 2019, 5:11 am

How can one lose access to something that, as a program or brand standard, one has never had access to? Lounge access was never, ever a SPG plat benefit at StRegis, LC or W brands. A few properties went above and beyond—that was a local decision made by owners and GMs and has nothing to do with the loyalty program or its implementation. Hotels can offer free lounge access to whomever they want, anytime time they want or for as long as they want, regardless of status or membership in the loyalty program.Some hotels offer elites overnight shoe shining—if they stop doing that, is it a program devaluation too?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Marriott Bonvoy Restaurants & Bars Benefits – Dine and Earn
Available at over 2,800 participating restaurants and bars in Asia Pacific, Marriott Bonvoy members can savor year-round dining privileges, providing another way for members to dine more and earn points – even without a stay. Marriott International is offering food and beverage savings of up to 10% for Members and Silver Elite Members, 15% for Gold Elite Members and 20% for Platinum Elite and Titanium Elite and Ambassador Elite Members. With a minimum spend of US$10, non-stay guests can also earn up to 10 points per US$1 spent at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties in Asia Pacific.
i wonder if this spend will count towards the $20k requirement for ambassador status????
Old Feb 23, 2019, 6:17 am

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
That's extremely disappointing for us European members, since with SPG we enjoyed points for dining (without a stay) and discounts at fine restaurants.
I hope they are going to expand this benefit worldwide ASAP.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 7:03 am

It seems that the JW Marriott in HK does not prticipate, which is a pretty notable miss. None of the other specific properties I looked for were missing though.

Also, it looks pretty stingy on Marriott’s part that tier bonus points don’t apply for non-staying guests.

Better than nothing but this doesn’t wow me
Old Feb 23, 2019, 7:39 am

Kids' choice of restaurant for free breakfast and ice cream brings the lounge peacefulness

Originally Posted by Aventine
Ice cream isn't replacing lost lounge access.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 7:51 am

I am shy to explain my Bonvoy status to request discount in the Bonvoy restaurant without staying...

Prince Gallery, Tokyo (LC)....and I'm Ambassador as well as LTT = LTPP >>> Plat = old gold.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Best not to introduce confusion by presenting a property-specific issue as a generic program devaluation though.
And ruin a FlyerTalk tradition?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: AA PP, OZ *G, Hyatt Expl, Marriott Gold, Lots of Ex-statuses
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Marriott Bonvoy in Europe - you get a set of steak knives
Marriott Bonvoy in US - we are firing you
ABC. "A", always. "B", be. "C", cost-cutting. ALWAYS BE COST CUTTING. Always be cost-cutting

'The enhancements are weak' ....ing enhancements are weak? You're weak.

What a great movie...
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 4:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I wouldn't mind seeing non-stay spend (and discount) on restaurants & spa services extend beyond Asia.

Cheers.
Yeah, I've never understood why the legacy dining program and now this wasn't made available in North America and Europe. Yes, the average property in Asia has better food-and-beverage outlets than the average property in North America, but it's an easy way to increase highly profitable food-and-beverage revenue by enticing customers who would either not think of eating at a hotel if they aren't a guest or they're going off-property because of the stereotype of hotel restaurants being less-than-desirable options.
GoldenItalianBoy likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 4:02 am

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
So where's the list of participating properties?
Yes, where are the participating hotels also for the kids breakfast benefit? And why does it only start on March 25? Is anything else changing that day with Bonvoy??? Not that anyone can keep track of the constant changes anyway.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 4:31 am

The who lost lounge access question is me for example. I was Marriott Gold Elite with 25 + nights a year which allowed me lounge access. Yes I was made a Platinum Elite (last August) until Feb. 28th, 2019 which is now over. I am now downgraded to Gold Elite again (as I did not make 50 nights in 2018) so I no longer have lounge access. I am one of many I assume that with Marriott Rewards had lounge access but starting Mar. 1st., 2019 we are the people you are asking about when you say " Who lost lounge access". I did.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:10 am

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by danno95
The who lost lounge access question is me for example. I was Marriott Gold Elite with 25 + nights a year which allowed me lounge access. Yes I was made a Platinum Elite (last August) until Feb. 28th, 2019 which is now over. I am now downgraded to Gold Elite again (as I did not make 50 nights in 2018) so I no longer have lounge access. I am one of many I assume that with Marriott Rewards had lounge access but starting Mar. 1st., 2019 we are the people you are asking about when you say " Who lost lounge access". I did.
The comment was in regards to where people who arent given lounge access when they rules state they should receive it not who didnt requalify.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Legacy Marriott Gold was 50 nights a year, so either you had 50+ nights annually (and were granted lounge access), or you had under 50 and you did not.

Sounds like you had SPG Gold (25 nights but possibly fewer, or maybe via AmEx Plat), which had a temporary match to Marriott Gold...that was always going away. Rightfully so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.