Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Celebrates w/ Enhanced Benefits & Experiences in Asia Pacific

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy Celebrates w/ Enhanced Benefits & Experiences in Asia Pacific

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2019, 3:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Old Apr 11, 2019, 4:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
This makes ordering a nice bottle of wine an attractive proposition.
earnings likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 4:30 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Great program and glad to see rolled out point earning ability to legacy Marriotts. Had dinner this week at JW Marriott Shanghai - great food at ridiculously low prices
Old Apr 22, 2019, 6:05 am

The 20% off deal seems to apply to Grab’n’Go as well. I “grabbed” a pizza/other junk and they automatically gave 20% when they looked at my stay details before signing ( Fourpoints Bangkok). Not sure about room service.
It’s a great start, hope it’s expanded beyond Asia-Pac.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 12:10 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
This really is great progran - had buffet lunch of sorts for a little over $12 usd at Sheraton Grand Pudong Shanghai today - really really good deal. Salmon, tiny steak, western and Asian choices one orders off menu. One of the best deals I have ever seen for lunch frankly.

Marriott HQ is acting in good faith - they just a crap show with IT and CS. But on property service and planning of benefits from HQ good.

Probably will do dinner at JW Tomorrow Square again tonight or tomorrow. I wish they keep this 30% off past June 30... At least for titaniums.
Old May 30, 2019, 8:37 am

I am still confused about the dining benefit for non-guests in the Asia Pacific region. If the hotel restaurant is not offering a dining discount, is it still possible get points for the meal when not staying at the hotel?
Old May 30, 2019, 12:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by UpInTheAir
I am still confused about the dining benefit for non-guests in the Asia Pacific region. If the hotel restaurant is not offering a dining discount, is it still possible get points for the meal when not staying at the hotel?
A friend of mine lives in Asia & gets points for his non-hotel stay FB purchases.

Cheers.
Old May 30, 2019, 8:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by UpInTheAir
Yes.

This was brought over from SPG and applied to legacy Marriott properties last August. I was very surprised late August when I went to Macau for the day and had Sunday brunch at the Ritz Carlton just days after the merger. Before they brought the bill they asked me if I was a member, applied the 20% discount, and completed the points receipt. The points appeared a few days later.

If you're not staying then the only difference is that you won't get the elite tier multiple applied to the spend. This is a good benefit of Bonvoy that is useful in Asia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.