Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Celebrates w/ Enhanced Benefits & Experiences in Asia Pacific

Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Marriott press release yesterday:

Marriott Bonvoy Celebrates New Travel Program With Endless Experiences And Enhanced Benefits In Asia Pacific | Marriott News Center

Excerpt:

"...today introduced exclusive member benefits in Asia Pacific....Marriott Bonvoy members can now enjoy special dining and spa benefits both at home and when they travel. Additionally, members can earn points even without a stay, giving them more ways to redeem their points for the experiences they are most passionate about...

The endless experiences includes some things w/ Maroon 5 and Hong Kong Sevens. See press release.

Other stuff:

Marriott Bonvoy Restaurants & Bars Benefits Dine and Earn
Available at over 2,800 participating restaurants and bars in Asia Pacific, Marriott Bonvoy members can savor year-round dining privileges, providing another way for members to dine more and earn points even without a stay. Marriott International is offering food and beverage savings of up to 10% for Members and Silver Elite Members, 15% for Gold Elite Members and 20% for Platinum Elite and Titanium Elite and Ambassador Elite Members. With a minimum spend of US$10, non-stay guests can also earn up to 10 points per US$1 spent at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties in Asia Pacific.

Marriott Bonvoy Kids Benefits More Fun for Families

Starting on March 25, Marriott Bonvoy will introduce unique member benefits curated for kids at participating hotels and resorts, giving parents and kids more reasons to stay. As part of the exclusive privileges:
With one paying adult, Gold Elite and below members with kids ages 6 and below will enjoy complimentary breakfast while kids between 7-12 will get a 50% discount
Platinum Elite and above members with kids ages 12 and below will enjoy complimentary breakfast

In addition, all members kids will enjoy complimentary ice cream during their stay. These benefits intend to reward members and their families for choosing Marriott when they travel to our resorts and make travel more fun.

Marriott Bonvoy Spa Benefits Relax and Earn
Relaxation awaits with Marriott Internationals exclusive spa benefits where non-stay members can now enjoy up to 10 points per US$1 spent across over 210 participating spas in Asia Pacific. Gold Elite members and above will also be offered a choice of complimentary enhancement services with each spa treatment."

Cheers.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Marriott Bonvoy in Europe - you get a set of steak knives
Marriott Bonvoy in US - we are firing you
Rowyourboat likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Ice cream isn't replacing lost lounge access.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

I wouldn't mind seeing non-stay spend (and discount) on restaurants & spa services extend beyond Asia.

Cheers.
windhund likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:47 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
15% for Gold Elite Members ... non-stay guests can also earn up to 10 points per US$1 spent at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties in Asia Pacific.
So where's the list of participating properties?
aCavalierInCoach and RTWFF like this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 6:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
The breakfast things for kids 12 and below is great - usually given but not always. Nice to have. Benefits in Asia is the reason why I was so loyal to SPG in the first place. Good to see Marriott highlighting that still. But still switching stays to Hyatt and see if I can re-qualify for Hyatt Globalist. As I have done so, I have realized, Hyatt's footprint really is small.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 6:47 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Spa benefits do not replace lounge access.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:50 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Where have you lost lounge access? Plat = old gold which gets lounge access.
Fizzer likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:02 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: SkyTeam Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
So where's the list of participating properties?
https://marriottbonvoyasia.com/
That is a new website.
Old website was membersdinemore.com which takes you to the above.

I used this at the Westin's Aria in Seoul this month for a huge family dinner. You DO NOT get points on alcohol, and the points are BEFORE taxes and service charges. The 20% discount DOES apply to alcohol, taxes and service charges. My total bill went down by 20%.
Nagasaki Joe likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Anyone who was lounge access-enabled previously still is, so confused by this statement, as it has nothing to do w/ non-stay spa spend now earns points at 210 properties in Asia.

Cheers.
Fizzer likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC

The only way you lost lounge access is if you got it via a CC or the year long swap over smorgasbord of OMG confusion
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I think the point is that these declared benefits some argue don't outweigh the loss of benefits we used to enjoy like CL access at PG Tokyo or Sheraton Hua Hin that Marriott? Or properties? Are cutting back on.

I actually really like the kid breakfast benefit. That actually is big. Wish whole world would roll that out. I have stays coming up at Hyatt where my kid is guaranteed breakfast. I like that a lot.

I had to pay for kid at African Pride in Johannesburg last month. Would've been nice to save $25 a day.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:10 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by geminidreams
Prince Gallery, Tokyo (LC)....and I'm Ambassador as well as LTT = LTPP >>> Plat = old gold.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by geminidreams
I was wondering about the same thing. Who lost lounge access?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by naumank
I was wondering about the same thing. Who lost lounge access?
See my post above. The Prince Gallery (LC) in Tokyo no longer gives elites lounge access (unless we pay for a suite, etc.) as they claim that Bonvoy forced them to eliminate this benefit. It's being discussed in the master thread for this hotel.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.