Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2021, 7:47 pm
mjz

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Platinum
Both my partner's account and my account updated to Platinum a few hours ago. Now to enjoy our time at the St Regis Maldives!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 9:38 am

My account updated to Platinum. I even got Platinum credit for my stay on February 1st, which was before the account showed as being updated.

I already had a Chase card, so that does not seem to prevent the upgrade to Platinum.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 11:50 am

Happy to report that my account has also one platinum. Thanks Marriott.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 5:55 pm

I added it to my card but have not gotten the credit and have made several charges.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 10:25 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, UA 1K, AA Exec. Plat., DL DM, National E.E.
I received the card in December but have not been upgraded to Platinum status. The social media team says that they're having technical issues processing upgrades.

As a data point, I was not eligible for the sign-up bonus but I believe that I should be eligible for the platinum status upgrade.

Anyone else in the same boat?
Old Feb 9, 2021, 5:44 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium, Singapore Krisflyer Gold
I had the same issue, so I called Bonvoy support and opened a support case. They upgraded my account to Platinum within 48 hours.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 10:08 am

I've had this card for about two years now and with the annual fee coming up soon I am thinking of PCing or canceling since I won't be able to use any of the property credits. Does anyone know if Amex has plans to offer the credit in the form of restaurants again, like they did last year?
Old Feb 10, 2021, 10:18 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dcht
I've had this card for about two years now and with the annual fee coming up soon I am thinking of PCing or canceling since I won't be able to use any of the property credits. Does anyone know if Amex has plans to offer the credit in the form of restaurants again, like they did last year?
They introduced a $20/mth restaurant credit on this card for the year. It'll be in your AMEX offers.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 12:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
They introduced a $20/mth restaurant credit on this card for the year. It'll be in your AMEX offers.
I believe he's referring to the $300 annual Marriott credit that comes with the card and last year was able to be used at restaurants for a couple of months due to COVID. Would be nice if they allowed that again this year given the travel limitations still in effect.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 12:16 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by friedablass
I believe he's referring to the $300 annual Marriott credit that comes with the card and last year was able to be used at restaurants for a couple of months due to COVID. Would be nice if they allowed that again this year given the travel limitations still in effect.
I'm aware of what they're referring to, but AMEX is not going to make that credit usable on restaurants when they've already added $220 in restaurant credits for the year on top of that $300 Marriott credit.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 2:17 pm

I'm aware of what they're referring to, but AMEX is not going to make that credit usable on restaurants when they've already added $220 in restaurant credits for the year on top of that $300 Marriott credit.
Ok, understood; you are right.

Perhaps Amex can find an alternate use for the Marriott property credits that many may find difficult to use as long as travel restrictions are in place. I've already actually used mine but I can understand that others may find it hard to use right now.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 3:29 pm

Ok, understood; you are right.

Perhaps Amex can find an alternate use for the Marriott property credits that many may find difficult to use as long as travel restrictions are in place. I've already actually used mine but I can understand that others may find it hard to use right now.
The nice thing is that Marriott eGiftCards do trigger it and code at 6x, so that's always an option if one cannot make use of it.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 9:46 pm

The nice thing is that Marriott eGiftCards do trigger it and code at 6x, so that's always an option if one cannot make use of it.
Thanks for that info.

I'm wondering if that means that an egift card would also trigger the Marriott offer of "spend $200 get $50 back" that I have saved on this card, as well?
Old Feb 10, 2021, 9:58 pm

Thanks for that info.

I'm wondering if that means that an egift card would also trigger the Marriott offer of "spend $200 get $50 back" that I have saved on this card, as well?
Historically no. But a purchase at a front desk at a local hotel has worked in the past.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by joeags
Historically no. But a purchase at a front desk at a local hotel has worked in the past.
Yes, I know that a physical gift card works, but since an egift card works for the $300 card benefit, I was just wondering why it wouldn't work for that $50 back offer as well?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.