Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2019, 9:11 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
1. I have the same Amex offer on my card, so I asked the Amex rep if that and any other offers would be carried over to the new Bonvoy Brillant Card, and she said yes, anything offers on or associated with the old card would automatically carry over to the new card. If you'r still worried about it, you could just download the same offer on your new card when you get it.

2. The Amex rep said I would keep the same number as on the SPG Card.
If you spend $500 to trigger the luxury $100 back would that also trigger the $300 credit simultaneously?
Old Sep 25, 2019, 9:29 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
If you spend $500 to trigger the luxury $100 back would that also trigger the $300 credit simultaneously?
The rep said that just using the card at the hotel would automatically trigger the $300 credit, so they should trigger simultaneously (as long as you spend at least $500 on room charges at the hotel to trigger the $100 back offer, that is).
Old Sep 30, 2019, 3:16 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by friedablass
I previously had the 50k upgrade offer but wasn't sure if to accept and I'm glad I didn't because now I got the offer to upgrade and earn 125k points for $5k spend.
Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
I tried to upgrade online from the SPG Card to the Bonvoy Brilliant with the 125K offer...
Just out of curiosity, where did you get notified of the 125k offer? E-mail or just on the website?

Originally Posted by MASTERNC
So I have the regular Bonvoy (old SPG) AMEX. I have not received any of the recently publicized upgrade offers (not sure why I never do) but am tempted to upgrade anyway because of the changes to the peak/off-peak redemptions. I assume you can’t call AMEX to ask for offers (if you can and anyone has been successful, please tell me).
I may try calling in when I have more time.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 5:53 am

My 2nd annual fee is up and if I cancel before Oct 6th, I dont have to pay the annual fee.

If I use the $300 Marriott credit before then, would I get the $300 credit or not?
Old Oct 2, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold and Current Platinum, Hilton Gold
I just called in unprompted to inquire about an upgrade, and was offered the 50K point upgrade offer for $2500 in spend within 3 months. I have spent literally $0 on this card since they devalued the everyday spend from 3x Marriott points (1x Starpoints) to 2x Marriott Points. Will happily take the 50K one-time bonus points plus the extra 15K annual night points for a net annual fee increase of $55.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: AA, Delta, Marriott, IHG
Retention offer: 30k points for $3k spend in 3 months.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 4:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by gengar
Just out of curiosity, where did you get notified of the 125k offer? E-mail or just on the website?
I got an email titled Our Highest Offer.
gengar likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by Ripley62
Retention offer: 30k points for $3k spend in 3 months.
got 20k points with $2k spend
Old Oct 4, 2019, 10:22 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gengar
I may try calling in when I have more time.
Initially, I received the offer by email, then it appeared in the Bonvoy app (in fact, I still see the offer in the app today).
Old Oct 5, 2019, 12:37 pm

Do we really need to wait for 8~12 weeks for the certificate? My card anniversary date is 10/2 and I have a point reservation on 11/27 in Tokyo that I want to attach this 50k certificate
Old Oct 5, 2019, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I am at 9 weeks and counting
Old Oct 5, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Has anyone successfully downgraded this card to the “regular” Bonvoy Amex card? I’m asking as I currently have both the Bonvoy Amex and Brilliant. I’m coming up on my first renewal on the Bonvoy and I’m not sure if want to keep it. My Brilliant, which I got this year, has a much higher limit. However I wouldn’t mind having the option to downgrade in the future. I know Amex has said you can downgrade but I want to make sure it is really possible before I cancel my current regular Bonvoy...

FWIW I know I get a 35,000 night credit but I don’t value it that much. For example I would probably use it for something like the Moxy DC, which costs $105 a night

Last edited by Adelphos; Oct 5, 2019 at 5:27 pm
Old Oct 5, 2019, 5:51 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by starmie
Do we really need to wait for 8~12 weeks for the certificate?
I suspect some would try to wait for the cert and then cancel the card before paying the annual fee. Delaying the cert by 2 months probably stops that from happening.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum

Originally Posted by aGeist;[url=tel:31396656
31396656[/url]]Do the egift cards from marriott.com trigger the $300 credit? don't want to buy and then be stuck...

Edit: counts for credit.
did the charge appear on your Amex statement as “Marriott Gift Cards”?
Old Oct 5, 2019, 9:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Adelphos
FWIW I know I get a 35,000 night credit but I don’t value it that much. For example I would probably use it for something like the Moxy DC, which costs $105 a night
Even if its $105 including tax it's worth not closing the card and paying $95 for that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.