Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2022, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by gudugan
Welcome to FlyerTalk SiggyCaps .

I have the Amex Brilliant and the Amex Business. Based on the eligibility chart here: https://thepointsguy.com/guide/eligi...-bonvoy-cards/
Since I got a SUB from the Brilliant in the past 24 months I'm not eligible for either of the Chase cards.

However if I was eligible, I would get the $95 Chase card and cancel the Amex one, 5x 50k certs is juicy...
I don't have a problem using the restaurant credit but it's definitely annoying.
I have Amex Brilliant and Chase Premier Plus Business both from 2018. Reading this chart, does this mean I am eligible for all the newer cards and their bonuses? New Amex Biz Marriott, and both the new Chase Marriott cards?

I guess there's only 4 Marriott cards now, which is probably good because it was really confusing a few years ago when both Chase and Marriott had personal + biz offerings

I probably don't need to decide until next year, since I have a couple weeks to use the final $300 credit once my statement credit cycle resets in late August
Old Jun 23, 2022, 9:32 pm

Programs: MB Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, UA Silver
They implemented worldwide dining credit, but you still earn 3x only on US dining. Bruh.
lordofthefart and gudugan like this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Adelphos
Check for a retention offer. I got 60K Bonvoy Points for $2,000 in spend, can use a new $300 credit before September, and will get the $25 dining credits from September through July 2023. $550 in Credits, 60K in Bonvoy Points and another 50K cert is good value for $450,
That might get me to stick around for another year if I get this at renewal time in December, but it would be a one year reprieve.
gudugan likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by KRUXED
changing gears-
I’m Curious how long after signing up for the card does it take for the 15 night credits to appear?

I received the bonus points for signing up immediately after hitting the spend requirement several week ago but I have yet to see the night credits. The terms say up to 60 days and I’m only around the 50 day mark; but in my experience these things tend to happen much quicker.

any data points?
Do you have a Chase personal card already? You only get them once no matter how many person cards you have. In my experience, the nights post 2 days after from AMEX and 7 days for Chase
Old Jun 27, 2022, 10:21 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
I called and this card (previously Amex SPG) is available for downgrade: https://global.americanexpress.com/c...arriott-bonvoy. $95 fee

Will downgrade at renewal in October unless there's a good retention offer. Points topoff makes the 35k cert better than it used to be anyway
Old Jun 27, 2022, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
$300 credit going away as of 9/22, being replaced by $25 monthly credit

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/ameri...dining-credit/
Old Jun 28, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, MB Titanium, National EE, UA Silver
I just signed up for the card and I definitely added my Marriott loyalty # when I signed up. However, my Amex portal shows my Marriott Bonvoy# as "Not Available". Is this the case for everyone?

Here's a photo for reference.

Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:08 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by c224488
I just signed up for the card and I definitely added my Marriott loyalty # when I signed up. However, my Amex portal shows my Marriott Bonvoy# as "Not Available". Is this the case for everyone?

Here's a photo for reference.

Have some patience. 😁 It will show in a couple days.
christianj likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 5:31 pm

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, MB Titanium, National EE, UA Silver
Does anyone know whether pre-paying for a hotel stay on Marriott.com with the Bonvoy Brilliant card will trigger the $300?

The Pre-pay rate is much cheaper than the Flexible rate.

Or do I have to physically swipe the card at the property?

Thanks!
Old Jun 29, 2022, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by c224488
Does anyone know whether pre-paying for a hotel stay on Marriott.com with the Bonvoy Brilliant card will trigger the $300?

The Pre-pay rate is much cheaper than the Flexible rate.

Or do I have to physically swipe the card at the property?

Thanks!
​​​​​​You'll get the credit either way. No problem with using a prepaid rate.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by Jprod
I also am not happy about this but at least my local microbrewery cans their beer and they code as a restaurant. $25 in beer for me per month. I will be too buzzed to care that Marriott devalued their free night certificates!

Come October when my renewal hits I will see what retention offer they have and make my long term decision. I suspect they will be getting quite a few calls or chats via the app
Agree 100%! I recent decided to take the upgrade and maybe it’s just not gonna work out as planned.

now I’m forced to at least use the card once a month for restaurants to get the $25/month until it’s $300!

Well, at least it will be $375 this year as I already received the $300 credit this month. Now I just need to use the card October-December for restaurants. Date night might be a monthly things now! lol
Old Jun 29, 2022, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
Agree 100%! I recent decided to take the upgrade and maybe it’s just not gonna work out as planned.

now I’m forced to at least use the card once a month for restaurants to get the $25/month until it’s $300!

Well, at least it will be $375 this year as I already received the $300 credit this month. Now I just need to use the card October-December for restaurants. Date night might be a monthly things now! lol
Remember the existing 300 dollar Marriott credit is based off of card member year and not calendar year.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 8:58 pm
yrs

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, WN CP
Offered 50K points to upgrade to "Brilliant". Worth it?

I am a lifetime Platinum, currently Titanium elite.
I have both Amex cards and both Visa cards.

I have just received an offer of 50K points to upgrade my personal Amex card to "Brilliant".
I am unable to determine if this a god offer.

Is it worth it to accept this offer? Please advise.
All inputs and helpful thoughts welcome.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
What is 50K points worth to you? I consider the bonus to be low, considering that a new card member can easily get 80K to 100K depending on the promo. The other consideration is whether the benefits of Brilliant is worth the hefty annual fee.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 9:35 pm
yrs

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, WN CP
Thank you CIT85, for your response.

I am partial to Marriott properties for my hotel stays. But, I also feel that the bonus is low.

Regarding the high fee, I do not have a card that provides :
1. Reimbursement for Global Entry/TSA
2. Statement credit of $300
3. A 50K FNC (I get a 35K FNA now on the basic amex card against which I have this offer to upgrade

The message does state that:
1. No credit check
2. Card number and account will not change -- just a new card

Has calling amex to negotiate a higher bonus been successful? Any thoughts on how to approach this? I Welcome advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.