Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Note that some targeted promos have a variable expiration date depending when the member activates the promo, which under certain circumstances could allow you to choose the timeframe for the promo that is most advantageous for your planned travel. Read the T&Cs about expiration timeline carefully before activating any targeted promo.

Promotions Posted In Thread

Stay one paid night and get one elite night credit free.
Double elite night credits on paid nights (3 month duration ending on May 31)
Double elite night credits on paid nights (2 month duration ending on April 30)
Double elite night credits on paid nights (3 month duration ending on Aug 31)
Double elite night credits on paid nights (3 month duration ending on Oct 31)
2,000 bonus points after your first eligible stay that includes a weekend night and 3,000 bonus points after your second eligible stay that includes a weekend night.

10 additional elite night credits after two paid stays (period ending May 31)

Earn up to 9000 bonus points, 1500/3000/4500 for 1, 2, 3 paid stays (register within 3 weeks of email but no end date)
Earn up to 18,000 bonus points, 3000/6000/9000 for 1, 2, 3 paid stays (period ending May 31)
Earn up to 22,500 bonus points, 6000/7500/9000 for 1, 2, 3 paid stays (period ending May 31)
Earn up to 36,000 bonus points, 12,000/12,000/12,000 for 4, 8, 12 paid stays
Earn up to 12,000 bonus points, 4500/7500 for 1, 2 paid stays (poster didn't state end date)
Earn up to 22,500 bonus points, 7500/15000 for 1, 2 paid stays (poster didn't state end date)
Earn double points on paid stays of two or more nights (period ending May 31)
Earn up to 22,500 bonus points, 6000/7500/9000 for 1, 2, 3 paid stays (period ending at end of third month after registering; I registered 3/8 so ends June 30)

Earn two free nights up to 35K points after two (paid?) stays
Print Wikipost

Targeted Promotions, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2019, 4:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I received overnight the offer for 22,500 points for 3 stays by email, which was definitely not appearing as an option against my account yesterday, so it seems they are indeed still being added.
LapLap likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by margarita girl
What if they come out with a great promo in 2 days? (I know, highly unlikely based on everything we've seen so far.) But there will be some sort of Mega/Micro Bonus promo where everyone is included. I'm guessing we will hear before the end of the week!

People are acting like this targeted promo is the only one we will see for the next few months. With SPG, it certainly wasn't. It always ran concurrently with an "everyone" promo. And the 2 promos were stackable.
The end of next week is too late for my February stay. But assuming there's a global promotion in the near future, I will take that into consideration for upcoming travel. I try to make rational decisions based on the benefits available to me. I think it causes a lot of heartache to be loyal to a company and then bemoan their lack of appreciation for my loyalty. They are a business who does what's best for them. So I will do what's best for me.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:07 pm

Got my offer today. I logged in and went to promotions 2 stay for 10 elite nights. I hadn't gotten an email but ironically one finally showed up 30 minutes after I registered!
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
The end of next week is too late for my February stay. But assuming there's a global promotion in the near future, I will take that into consideration for upcoming travel. I try to make rational decisions based on the benefits available to me. I think it causes a lot of heartache to be loyal to a company and then bemoan their lack of appreciation for my loyalty. They are a business who does what's best for them. So I will do what's best for me.
I wouldn't have canceled any reservations until the upcoming promo was announced. I would certainly double book, and then decide what's best for ME!
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
LTPP here. No nights this year and none booked yet (partly as a backlash following 80k pts disappearing from my account a couple months ago and Marriott not doing anything about it). Still got no offers, so will keep directing my nights towards Hilton instead...
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
The only thing I have under Promotion Central is the chance to apply for "The Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card".

Given that I'm currently resident in China this is a poor piece of targeted marketing :-(.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:14 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Plat
Platinum, 7 nights so far in 2019, and nada
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:13 pm

PPE, 0 stays this year. Would have been 2 but the lack of a targeted promotion annoyed me enough that I decided to stay with a different chain.
cozysuite likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:39 pm

"0 NEW PROMOTIONS"
AMB until this month (or until JAN ) PPE only 1 stay this year. Every behaviour of Marriott annoyed me enough that I decided to stay in Marriott only for consuming points and 300USD statement credit for SPG Amex LUX. The fact I was not targeted encourages me to go another hotels. I will become just an LTP. So.... Thanks to this Marriott NULL promotion

Originally Posted by Zelucifer
PPE, 0 stays this year. Would have been 2 but the lack of a targeted promotion annoyed me enough that I decided to stay with a different chain.
HeidiInTheAlps likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
No promo for me either. Had 75 nights last year, but no stays yet so far. Hopefully I'll get in on the promo. Re-evaluating my loyalty this year.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:26 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, United Silver
0 promotions for former Ritz Carlton rewards member

Titanium Bonvoy as of this morning. 1 night YTD. 20 nights reserved over the next 3 months (mix of paid and points redemption). Was technically a Ritz Carlton rewards member until yesterday, so didn't have a promotion tab on the webpage, and while nothing showed under promotions on the app and never got an email, was hoping that was a glitch, as I never get program emails and sounds like the app promotion link wasn't always accurate. Promo tab is now on the combined Bonvoy profile and it shows 0 promotions.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:03 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I wouldn't have canceled any reservations until the upcoming promo was announced. I would certainly double book, and then decide what's best for ME!
I actually did double book, but my cancellation deadline is tomorrow and I wanted to make sure I didn't forget to cancel so I took the leap of assuming no new promotions would come out today or tomorrow.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by SP03
No promo for me either. Had 75 nights last year, but no stays yet so far. Hopefully I'll get in on the promo. Re-evaluating my loyalty this year.
Ditto.
No love for me...

Read further up that calling doesn't do any good, is that double confirmed?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:05 am
pmv

Lifetime Titanium, already 16 nights/5K spend this year

got a rock
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:23 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Still nothing, but that gives me hope that I have the chance to get the double night promotions for 2nd quarter of 2019 which will be quite busy period for me to travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.