FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Targeted Promotions, 2019
View Single Post
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:20 am
Voodoo Daddy

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by margarita girl
What if they come out with a great promo in 2 days? (I know, highly unlikely based on everything we've seen so far.) But there will be some sort of Mega/Micro Bonus promo where everyone is included. I'm guessing we will hear before the end of the week!

People are acting like this targeted promo is the only one we will see for the next few months. With SPG, it certainly wasn't. It always ran concurrently with an "everyone" promo. And the 2 promos were stackable.
The end of next week is too late for my February stay. But assuming there's a global promotion in the near future, I will take that into consideration for upcoming travel. I try to make rational decisions based on the benefits available to me. I think it causes a lot of heartache to be loyal to a company and then bemoan their lack of appreciation for my loyalty. They are a business who does what's best for them. So I will do what's best for me.