Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Email: A Note About our Transition into One Program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Email: A Note About our Transition into One Program

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Actually they put RC Reserves separately from RC under Distinctive Luxury section along with Bvlgari, Luxury Collections, and ... interestingly W Hotels
(RC is under Classic Luxury)

And about Singapore RC, I guess the issue is RCR promoting the property through RC Rewards spam mails
Like I said, while we all know very well that they not participated, I got feeling some members who didnt realise that might get upset.
Some negative reviews of that property is complaining about the non participation
Old Dec 18, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Some people will be glad to see a public acknowledgement along with an apology. Others will wish that had come bundled with some free points or a certificate of some sort as a means of compensation for the frustration (extreme in some cases) they've endured.

I personally just think it was an opportunity missed - a corporate message such as this should've at least included something tangible, such as firming up a hard date for the new program or something along that line. I would've liked to have finished reading that e-mail knowing something I didn't know going in.

But let's at least recognize that he didn't dismiss anyone as "fringe," he didn't claim that all systems are now a go in spite of clear evidence to the contrary, and he did in fact apologize - something that many around here have called for repeatedly.
Personally, I doubt MR people is ready for setting everything in stone yet.
They have more pressing issues at this stage such as that IT messed up and data breach

I wont be surprised if the introduction of the new program delayed from the January 2019 target
Old Dec 18, 2018, 11:39 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by kaizen7
Actually they put RC Reserves separately from RC under Distinctive Luxury section along with Bvlgari, Luxury Collections, and ... interestingly W Hotels
(RC is under Classic Luxury)
And yet RCR isn’t listed as one of the 30 brands on the page link you shared. Let’s move on!

And about Singapore RC, I guess the issue is RCR promoting the property through RC Rewards spam mails
Like I said, while we all know very well that they not participated, I got feeling some members who didnt realise that might get upset.
Some negative reviews of that property is complaining about the non participation
As we see all too frequently, there are always going to be negative reviews. Some people are just negative. I doubt negative reviews about RCR or RC Singapore non-participation in the Loyalty Program have much impact. Just like negative reviews about Design Hotels not fully participating. Or RC/Edition not offering Plat breakfast and requiring PP status for the suite upgrade benefit. There’s always something. And there’s always someone to complain about it.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 11:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by secretalcoholic
I assume its the Bvlgari Hotels & Resorts brand since it was never mentioned at the bottom of 29 Ways to Stay but its still listed on their Hotel Brands section. (These properties don't participate in the program)
If you click at the bottom of the email, it takes you to a Marriott page where the brands are listed at the bottom. No Bvlgari. I also noticed that the element brand name and icon are overlapping the border of the box, where all of the legacy Starwood brands are listed from high to low on the bottom line. The first two lines mix RC and Marriott, with two additional ones (moxy and something else) along on a third line in the middle of the box.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 11:40 am

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by kaizen7

I wont be surprised if the introduction of the new program delayed from the January 2019 target
You may very well be proven correct. Who knows - maybe the e-mail was sent in place of something they'd hoped to be announcing by now!
bhrubin likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
I didn't get an email.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Some people will be glad to see a public acknowledgement along with an apology. Others will wish that had come bundled with some free points or a certificate of some sort as a means of compensation for the frustration (extreme in some cases) they've endured.

I personally just think it was an opportunity missed - a corporate message such as this should've at least included something tangible, such as firming up a hard date for the new program or something along that line. I would've liked to have finished reading that e-mail knowing something I didn't know going in.

But let's at least recognize that he didn't dismiss anyone as "fringe," he didn't claim that all systems are now a go in spite of clear evidence to the contrary, and he did in fact apologize - something that many around here have called for repeatedly.
It was your typical corporate email, honestly it did not say much and I would not expect it to. Now with that being said overall my complaint with Marriott is they now have done the worst loyalty program merger ever by far passing UA with CO, and still do not address it or I personally think do not have a plan in place. I am surprised Hilton and others have not been running a lot of promos and mentioning status challenges, but maybe they are waiting until the beginning of the year when people have more lee way to try.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CLEguy
I didn't get an email.
Mine arrived 52 minutes after the OP posted about receiving his email.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:18 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by troyintn
...overall my complaint with Marriott is they now have done the worst loyalty program merger ever by far passing UA with CO. I am surprised Hilton and others have not been running a lot of promos and mentioning status challenges, but maybe they are waiting until the beginning of the year when people have more lee way to try.
Perhaps Hilton and others haven’t been running a lot of promos and status challenges because (1) Marriott’s integration isn’t the worst loyalty program merger ever, after all, and/or (2) anyone can get Hlilton’s highest tier Diamond status with a mere credit card, so why bother with a challenge?
CCIE_Flyer likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:30 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
...Anyone in the US

I thought the email was fine and it was a step forward for Marriott to acknowledge the problems rather than trying to blame it on their members. In an ideal world it would have been nice for some concrete expectation management about a time when Marriott intends to ensure the programme delivers its stated benefits, but I very much doubt such a date exists.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Mine arrived 52 minutes after the OP posted about receiving his email.
And I posted it 15 minutes after receiving the email. If people care about such things.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:41 pm

Looks to me like just another manipulative marketing email :?
Old Dec 18, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by stimpy
And I posted it 15 minutes after receiving the email. If people care about such things.
And I promptly deleted the email after skimming.

I will never get the hours I spent on the phone resolving issues back.

Two lumps of coal for the 'new and improved' Marriott this holiday season.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
It would be nice if they would acknowledge your status.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 1:29 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Renaming the loyalty program is an indicator of further devaluations to come — and worse and more frequent devaluations than before, if I had to make a guess.

Delta and Hyatt are examples of just that.
getagb likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.