Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Reservations Changed With Booking Platform Switch

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reservations Changed With Booking Platform Switch

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:25 pm

Weird. One of my reservations just disappeared completely. Points not returned and not in my cancellation section online either. Very annoying considering my stay is in two weeks.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 7:29 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Brooke123
Weird. One of my reservations just disappeared completely. Points not returned and not in my cancellation section online either. Very annoying considering my stay is in two weeks.
If you have the confirmation number and look it up it will probably re-appear in the booking list. I had this happen frequently during the initial merger. Although, if this is a migrated reservation, then that route might fail since the number would have changed.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 6:16 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold,VS, BA.
Just noticed my reservation next year at the St Regis Bali has also changed from a points --> cash reservation. Has this happened to anyone else at this property and had it resolved - who did you contact, the property, or SPG/Marriott? Would rather not go round in circles and just talk to someone with the ability/authority to help fix it!
Old Dec 15, 2018, 8:11 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
I was staying for six nights at a St Regis when the system changed over. Despite being told it wouldn't be an issue - no surprise no points were awarded for my room charges as they were charged at check in under the old system and half of my night credits are also missing. No one knows how to solve this.

I have a LC stay later in the week which was a prepaid rate - I have subsequently been charged again with the system change. I'm confident about this one because I can easily raise this at check in and won't have to deal with Marriott.

To complete the trifecta I have five nights at a LC checking out on 1 Jan - I have applied my final batch of SNA expiring 31 Dec to this booking. I now have two seperate bookings showing one with the SNA pending and one without - I'm sure this will work itself out
Old Dec 15, 2018, 9:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I contacted SGS about the notation in my reservation that my previously confirmed nonsmoking room was now "Unavailable." They checked the original reservation and confirmed I will get a nonsmoking room. If anyone needs the email, it's [email protected]
Old Dec 16, 2018, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by FlyingChris47
Just noticed my reservation next year at the St Regis Bali has also changed from a points --> cash reservation. Has this happened to anyone else at this property and had it resolved - who did you contact, the property, or SPG/Marriott? Would rather not go round in circles and just talk to someone with the ability/authority to help fix it!
I think the consensus is that it’s faster/easier to get it fixed at the property level. But unless your reservation is in the near future, you might want to wait it out and see if it gets corrected on its own.

Originally Posted by Kacee
I contacted SGS about the notation in my reservation that my previously confirmed nonsmoking room was now "Unavailable." They checked the original reservation and confirmed I will get a nonsmoking room. If anyone needs the email, it's [email protected]
Thanks. Added to the wiki in the hotel master thread.

(My how times have changed! I remember years ago being told by a manager that they could always put a non-smoker in a smoking room, but not vice-versa! )
Old Dec 19, 2018, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by act0fgod
Well both my wife and I have St. Regis Bora Bora reservations switched from points to cash. I've been on the phone for the last 90 minutes. I've been transferred up the supervisor chain 4 times now and the current agent said she was checking with her supervisor. We'l see how this works out. With flights and other reservations I really don't want this to get all messed up.

To make matters worse I was previously in contact with Marriott on numerous occasions trying to get the reservation from a points reservation to a free night certificate and spent hours on the phone trying to make that happen as the system apparently couldn't apply the Marriott certificates to the starwood properties.
Got an e-mail direct from St. Regis Bora Bora saying our reservations switched back to points. Logged in and sure enough they are now back as points.

Not a single points reservation available online at the St. Regis Bora Bora for new points reservations.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 1:32 am
kkl

Originally Posted by act0fgod
Got an e-mail direct from St. Regis Bora Bora saying our reservations switched back to points. Logged in and sure enough they are now back as points.

Not a single points reservation available online at the St. Regis Bora Bora for new points reservations.
Did you reach out to property or was this done by themselves?
Old Dec 20, 2018, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by kkl

Did you reach out to property or was this done by themselves?
I contacted Marriott (maybe they contacted the property). Also of note award availability looks to be back up.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 9:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime)
I did the same thing. Emailed the hotel and they confirmed my stay w/ points. =)
Old Dec 24, 2018, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CanadianGeese
I did the same thing. Emailed the hotel and they confirmed my stay w/ points. =)
This would have been easy to do if Marriott makes email addresses available.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold,VS, BA.
Originally Posted by margarita girl

I think the consensus is that it’s faster/easier to get it fixed at the property level. But unless your reservation is in the near future, you might want to wait it out and see if it gets corrected on its own.
Thanks! Emailed St Regis Bali direct and they fixed it online and the reservation is back showing as points redemption.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by FlyingChris47
Thanks! Emailed St Regis Bali direct and they fixed it online and the reservation is back showing as points redemption.
Have a great stay. I loved that hotel.

BTW, if you have a generic email address for the hotel, can you post it in the St Regis Bali Master Thread wiki? Might help someone else since Marriott doesn't want us to have this information!
Old Jan 10, 2019, 3:37 am

Anyone tried cancelling a booking that was converted from points to cash? I'm worried about getting my points back.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rox0825
Anyone tried cancelling a booking that was converted from points to cash? I'm worried about getting my points back.
You need to call. Your points were converted to an eCert and eCert was detached from your booking during conversion. Agent needs to cancel your booking, find the detached eCert, then manually refund your eCert back to points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.