Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy? (Potential new program leak)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy? (Potential new program leak)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2018, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by Horace
The chart shows Lounge Access at three Elite levels:

— PLATINUM ELITE - 50-74 nights/year
— TITANIUM ELITE - 75-99 nights/year
— AMBASSADOR ELITE - 100+ nights/year and $20K in annual qualifying spend

That's the same as the current Rewards-SPG combined loyalty program, except that two Elite levels have new names.

I would assume the participating hotel brands will be the same too, along with which brands have alternatives if the lounge is closed or there isn't one.
I'm missing it. I don't see Lounge Access on the new BonVomit chart.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:14 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
My preference for a Titanium Plus level would be called XXXXXX but I guess that won't go well in some quarters

Last edited by hhoope01; Nov 27, 2018 at 5:48 am Reason: Course Language
Old Nov 26, 2018, 11:56 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete

A good sign of a hotel taking its guests seriously is one where they give you the key with the number (ideally on a separate card) but never actually say the room number out loud.
I thought that was standard practice these days. Are hotels perhaps more careful when giving keys to women? I literally cannot remember the last time a FDC said my room number out loud. They always write it on the key folder and point to it. They don’t even say the floor aloud.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 12:12 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Interesting to see the different experiences here, but I do apologise to the mods for taking the thread OT. I’m probably 50-50 across continents and 3-5* level, but would note that the higher profile the guests are the less likely the receptionist is to blurt out my room number (rather predictably).

Maybe now back to the topic at hand...
Old Nov 27, 2018, 5:07 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
...And because "Titanium" is something you make golf clubs with.
Golf clubs, hypoallergenic sunscreen, airplanes, hip replacements....that is one useful metal, which I'd value over shiny bling any day It's certainly better than the existing confusion with different platinum levels and much better than the crazy made-up Hyatt names.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: AA plat, BA, B6, DL, UA gold, SPG/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Bonvoy? Seriously? it sounds like something a hyped-up bubble brain millenial might scream at her friends after dropping them at the airport, as in "OMG!! Have a great trip! I love you! Bonvoy!"

OMG!! barf
Precisely right. This is why you test stuff thoroughly with marketing teams who actually have members older than 30 and actual international travel that isn't just tequila shots in Cancun with mom.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 6:01 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Bonvoy?! Rofl. What a name. Uh vey. I'm sure a millennial came up with that.

Looks like I'll be Titanium Elite level for life... that at least is memorable and real word. And shorter than its predecessor.
Hello fellow lifetime Titanium elite
Please give millennials more credit than that they know much better
this is some lame individual who previously was a cruise ship director earlier in their career
who ended up crashing into Gilligan's Island and living there
They did discuss this in meetings with all inhabitants of the island and it was unanimous 🌴
Skipper, Maryann and the professor all agreed to Bonvoy and pushing for the first level to be called Bonvoy Ship-wrecked
Old Nov 27, 2018, 6:11 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound

Hello fellow lifetime Titanium elite
Please give millennials more credit than that they know much better
this is some lame individual who previously was a cruise ship director earlier in their career
who ended up crashing into Gilligan's Island and living there
They did discuss this in meetings with all inhabitants of the island and it was unanimous ��
Skipper, Maryann and the professor all agreed to Bonvoy and pushing for the first level to be called Bonvoy Ship-wrecked
100% second this. Not sure why several posters above have blamed millenials for this name! I would think it has most likely been thought up by a 45-50 year old Marketing Director at Marriott who *thinks* it sounds like it will appeal to millennials when in reality it sounds like a stupid name for everyone above the age of about 10.

Should we just leave age out of it and agree it's a bad name?
C17PSGR, Twickenham, ryw and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by stevenmb

Precisely right. This is why you test stuff thoroughly with marketing teams who actually have members older than 30 and actual international travel that isn't just tequila shots in Cancun with mom.
I sense some reverse ageism on this thread...
Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation

I was relieved not to have Hyatt status and have one of those atrocious labels. Let's hope that Bonvoy was just a big joke while they were developing the site and they aren't going ahead with that!
Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I was relieved not to have Hyatt status and have one of those atrocious labels. Let's hope that Bonvoy was just a big joke while they were developing the site and they aren't going ahead with that!
"Welcome to Marriott and I see you are a Titanium Bonvoy Elite, thanks for your loyalty and also not laughing at me for calling you that!"
Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by damon88

I really do not care about the name. What I care about is Marriott delivering a Rewards program that works.

Yeah, I don't get why anyone cares what the name is. I can count on one hand the number of times I've said "Marriott Rewards". Bonvoy is a stupid name. So were the different platinum levels. So are a lot of other names I come across in life. But names don't matter, except as a way to differentiate one thing from another. What matters is the benefits Marriott gives us for giving them our money.

I guess it will be nice when people get over the new name and get back to complaining about how Marriott will never be as great as SPG was.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
I'm convinced at many properties you could literally scribble "511" and "Smith" and get away with free drinks or takeaway food, if you left quickly enough.[/QUOTE]

This will sound odd, but whenever i eat at a hotel bar/restaurant and charge it to my room, i sign the check with my room number etc, and then purposely wait for them to come back and pick it up and run it. I just want them to know that i am legit and who i say i am and that i am NOT dinning and dashing. Not sure why that is important to me but it is.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
100% second this. Not sure why several posters above have blamed millenials for this name! I would think it has most likely been thought up by a 45-50 year old Marketing Director at Marriott who *thinks* it sounds like it will appeal to millennials when in reality it sounds like a stupid name for everyone above the age of about 10.

Speaking of which, folks better get used to making fun of Generation Z (Zennials? I don't know what people are calling them these days). Some millinials are already 38 years old.. practically enough to be that 45 year old marketing director. The youngest (according to common definitions) turned 22 this year.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Bonvoy is the absolute stupidest name I have ever heard in my life for a program.

Why dont they just name them like they are:

levels:

1) hardly gives any benefits
2) you may get a cookie
3) an upgrade if the hotel is empty and is like a hampton inn
4) you get everything except what the next secret level gets
MSPeconomist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.