Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy? (Potential new program leak)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2018, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist

Hit this link while searching for something. Potentially the new MR replacement?

https://loyalty-dev2.mi-devtest.marriott.com/loyalty/member-benefits.mi

quick takeaways
1. Colors seem to be orange and black
2. Platinum Premier is thankfully being renamed to something less confusing
3. If this is real, Marriott needs to fire their IT management.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Mmmm Titanium. Mmmm
Old Nov 24, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
Am I misunderstanding or is the lifetime platinum premier category now missing and those who earned that status now just will have to settle for lifetime platinum?

Good find.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by sinfonia
Am I misunderstanding or is the lifetime platinum premier category now missing and those who earned that status now just will have to settle for lifetime platinum?
Given the plans that no one will be able to earn lifetime platinum premier when the name change occurs, it makes sense that it is not advertised.

Good to see that they seem to be planning for clearer names for the top two tiers. I can't help but think that "titanimum" and "bonvoy" are placeholder names... I hope at least bonvoy is a placeholder!
unclepants and Antarius like this.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sinfonia

Good find.
starting next year there is no lifetime Plat Premier as it was a grandfathered thing. So I speculate those that made it will be Lifetime Titanium but it isnt advertised anymore as one cant qualify for it.

the content still isnt up to date. Lots of unchanged copy paste from the old.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 11:05 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Very interesting. Somehow Marketing always places Titanium above Platinum. I think MR just abused Platinum so much that they have to use a new metal to create a buzz.

Platinum is a precious metal. Titanium is a not a precious metal, but a great light weight high strength metal. Hilton has Diamond, and Hyatt used to have Diamond, so Diamond is out.

Maybe MR will give us LT Titanium Elites a real titanium card?
Ismilee likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 11:19 am
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by CIT85
Very interesting. Somehow Marketing always places Titanium above Platinum. I think MR just abused Platinum so much that they have to use a new metal to create a buzz.

Platinum is a precious metal. Titanium is a not a precious metal, but a great light weight high strength metal. Hilton has Diamond, and Hyatt used to have Diamond, so Diamond is out.

Maybe MR will give us LT Titanium Elites a real titanium card?
Ha we can only wish...this is Marriott
Old Nov 24, 2018, 11:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Antarius
Hit this link while searching for something. Potentially the new MR replacement?

https://loyalty-dev2.mi-devtest.marr...er-benefits.mi

quick takeaways
1. Colors seem to be orange and black
2. Platinum Premier is thankfully being renamed to something less confusing
3. If this is real, Marriott needs to fire their IT management.
The link isn't working, so I'm trying to quote to see if that makes it work.

ADDED: The link works, but now I get 503 Service Unavailable: No server is available to handle this request.

I guess someone took it down, so maybe someone in Starriott IT is working over the long holiday weekend.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 11:22 am

I can live with titanium, but I really hope Bonvoy is just a placeholder... worse than Discoverist (also not a word...).
Old Nov 24, 2018, 11:24 am
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The link isn't working, so I'm trying to quote to see if that makes it work.
It worked for me...
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Link is dead

Did anyone screenshot ?
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I’m laughing at the idea that the non-precious status of Titanium metal is a possible problem for the label of Plat75 in the new program. It’s a label. I could care less, even if it’s a little silly.

I do like that the new labels are much more obvious—and that Ambasaador is aobviously the best and most elite status possible and obviously more elite than Titanium or Platinum. That should make it more obvious that Ambassador guests WILL get priority for suite upgrades over Titaniums and Platinums. As well it should be...and as well as it really was in my experience with SPG.
C17PSGR likes this.

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Looks like content was taken down...anyone take a screenshot before it went down?
Old Nov 24, 2018, 11:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by bhrubin
I’m laughing at the idea that the non-precious status of Titanium metal is a possible problem for the label of Plat75 in the new program. It’s a label. I could care less, even if it’s a little silly.

I do like that the new labels are much more obvious—and that Ambasaador is aobviously the best and most elite status possible and obviously more elite than Titanium or Platinum. That should make it more obvious that Ambassador guests WILL get priority for suite upgrades over Titaniums and Platinums. As well it should be...and as well as it really was in my experience with SPG.
The levels might become more obvious, but that won't help much if Starriott doesn't have a rule that Ambassadors have priority for quite upgrades over PPs over Plats.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Blog has some screenshots: https://onemileatatime.com/marriott-bonvoy/
boss315 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.