Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club lounge bill and gratuity

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2018, 7:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Maybe I missed this upthread but why are people tipping housekeeping again?

AFAIK, they make at least min wage [not the tipped min wage either] and the unionized one likely make even more?

So why are you tipping them? The cost for this service is built into the room rate. the free market and their skill set determines their wages. Why should I tip them for this particular skill that is easily replaceable? if this skill was something that a property could not get elsewhere, they would pay more. It is not my job to enhance their income because their skill set is compensated [insert hotel housekeeping wage rate]

the same could be said for other professions that receive tips but receive at least the standard not tipped minimum wage.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 10:32 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Deleted the last few posts as this thread went way off topic. Closing thread as it looks like it has run its course.
FlyingHighlander likes this.

Last edited by hhoope01; Oct 26, 2018 at 10:43 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.