Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2020, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by FoxCrane
I asked my ambassador via email and was told it should be fixed by first week of Feb. We'll see about that!
So the first week of Feb has come and gone. Has anyone who was waiting for their lifetime ticker to increment seen any movement?

Mine has not budged.
N515CR and samosa like this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 10:08 am

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
Originally Posted by Visualp
So the first week of Feb has come and gone. Has anyone who was waiting for their lifetime ticker to increment seen any movement?

Mine has not budged.
Nor mine. at 675 nights so that shouldn't be the issue.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 10:46 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Visualp

Mine has not budged.
FWIW, my ticker went up a notch around 3 weeks ago I believe and my Lifetime status (LTP) was updated then as well.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
No change
Old Feb 10, 2020, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by joakgarp
Where's William? I miss that ​​​​guy.
Originally Posted by DELee
Over here.

David
Thank you, on behalf of those who missed it. I have just let him know of my deep appreciation for all he did while at SPG.

This thread is one of my favorites on all of FlyerTalk.

Since we were Bonvoyed by the abrupt termination of the ability to earn Lifetime Titanium Elite status, seeing this thread spring to life inspires me each time to hope against hope that Marriott will analyze the mutual advantages to reinstating that option in some form.
joakgarp likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 6:58 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Also still waiting for my ticker to go from 9 to 10 years. I’m already at 700 nights and easily made platinum last year through 60 odd nights (no cc here!).
Old Feb 10, 2020, 11:39 pm

Programs: M&M (LX/LH) Silver, Marriott Platinum, Accor Silver, AF/KL Silver, Swiss Railway
I am still waiting for Platinum Elite Status to increment from 7 years to 8 years.
Bonvoy Team assured me in January that all would be updated by end of January.

Now they give me a new deadline: End of February.

Not very professional or reliable.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 5:26 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Just curious... is there no longer a pathway to make lifetime Titanium status with Marriott? I cannot find any indication on the Marriott website that this is possible. Was just curious.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 5:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by jjmoore
Just curious... is there no longer a pathway to make lifetime Titanium status with Marriott? I cannot find any indication on the Marriott website that this is possible. Was just curious.
There is currently no way to earn Lifetime Titanium status.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:49 am

Programs: M&M (LX/LH) Silver, Marriott Platinum, Accor Silver, AF/KL Silver, Swiss Railway
Just called Bonvoy Service Center and was told that the update process will only complete on 15. March 2020.

The end date keeps moving..
Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:24 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by Football Fan
What they did to us SPG Lifetime Plats with 500-750 nights actually makes them lose a lot of future business. I'm locked into Marriott Lifetime Platinum, with no chance to reach the higher level, building on my 600 or so SPG (plus a few Marriott) nights. I have no real incentive to book hundreds more nights to achieve the higher status, so instead, I only book at the Hyatt and Hilton chains now.

They should just allow people to reach the higher lifetime status and build on the nights they already have, rather than what they did with this "exception" for one year.
I'm now Lifetime Globalist at Hyatt and after the next vacation should be Lifetime Diamond at Hilton.

So that would be a good reason to do 150+ more nights at Marriott to go from Lifetime Platinum to Lifetime Titanium...I am still puzzled by Marriott's decision to close that door on the people coming over from Starwood. They just lose out on business. I have nothing to gain at Marriott and get better benefits (because it's the highest status there vs. second highest at Marriott) at the other two chains.

Maybe I should ask them at Marriott if they can give me a "challenge" .
Old Feb 12, 2020, 12:19 am

Programs: United GS 3 MM LT, Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, HH LT Diamond
This was done to Marriott people too

I'm now Lifetime Globalist at Hyatt and after the next vacation should be Lifetime Diamond at Hilton.

So that would be a good reason to do 150+ more nights at Marriott to go from Lifetime Platinum to Lifetime Titanium...I am still puzzled by Marriott's decision to close that door on the people coming over from Starwood. They just lose out on business. I have nothing to gain at Marriott and get better benefits (because it's the highest status there vs. second highest at Marriott) at the other two chains.

Maybe I should ask them at Marriott if they can give me a "challenge" .
It was not just just SPG people with 500-749 lifetime nights who were shut out of being Lifetime Titanium; also Marriott people with that number of nights were shut out too. Marriott did not do this to SPG people as keeps being stated , Marriott and SPG members who did not have 750 nights and 10 years of Platinum on that final date were shut out.
SPN Lifer and Segments like this.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 1:11 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by JB123
It was not just just SPG people with 500-749 lifetime nights who were shut out of being Lifetime Titanium; also Marriott people with that number of nights were shut out too. Marriott did not do this to SPG people as keeps being stated , Marriott and SPG members who did not have 750 nights and 10 years of Platinum on that final date were shut out.
Yes, but the SPG people already had Lifetime Platinum at SPG (highest status that could be achieved). The Marriott people didn't have the highest status that could be achieved yet.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by JB123
Yes, but the SPG people already had Lifetime Platinum at SPG (highest status that could be achieved). The Marriott people didn't have the highest status that could be achieved yet.
That is exactly why it was the Marriott lifetime aspirants who were Bonvoyed the most grievously.

After years of loyalty, they were cruelly cut off from their long-term goal while the end was in sight, within a couple of years.

​​​​​​​Outrageous. BOHICA. Bon voyage!
Old Feb 12, 2020, 5:27 am

Programs: United GS 3 MM LT, Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, HH LT Diamond
It is was done the same in the end

Someone who had 600 SPG nights at the deadline and someone who had 600 Marriott nights at the deadline were both ineligible to make Lifetime Titanium. In the end it was done exactly the same. I would be just as disappointed if I was a Marriott person for the majority of my travel life and could not ever make Titanium.

I completely agree that this is a bad thing. Marriott should want to continually reward frequent travelers. But it did not disproportionately hurt SPG legacy travelers. Actually, in the end Marriott disproportionately helped legacy SPG travelers, and I was one of them. As you recall when Lifetime Titanium was first announced it was done to try and equal out the difference for Lifetime Marriott Platinums. It was much harder to make Lifetime Marriott Platinum. You needed 750 nights, which was much harder than 500 nights for SPG Platinum. There was a huge letter an e-mail writing campaign by SPG members who had 750 nights. It was much easier to make Platinum on SPG, 50 nights or 25 stays. As a SPG member who was going to be at 750 nights at the deadline I was also mad. However, the protest worked and Marriott made a new announcement that stated SPG Lifetime Platinums who had 750 nights would also be Lifetime Titanium.

Again, I think the Lifetime Titanium policy is not fair and dumb. However, in the end Marriott and SPG members were treated mathematically the same as possible.
SPN Lifer and AAir_head like this.

Last edited by JB123; Feb 15, 2020 at 4:38 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.