Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2024, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Hello,

I’m trying to figure out if the total years as platinum count on the app is accurate or not. Here are the specifics:

- Jan 2023 - 2022 status was Gold. Screenshot of the lifetime status page shows 8 years as Platimum
- Mid 2023 - Status changed to Platinum due to Bonvoy Brilliant card.
- Jan 2024 - Qualified for Platinum with nights (status also renewed through Bonvoy Brilliant card)
- March 2024 - Platinum count still shows 8 years.

Based on some other posts, it seems count change might not happen till end of March. But some other comments I read seem to suggest this will happen only after a full year has elapsed since achieving the most recent platinum status. Just looking to see if anyone has recent datapoint on this type of scenario.

Thanks
Old Mar 8, 2024, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by samplat
Hello,

I’m trying to figure out if the total years as platinum count on the app is accurate or not. Here are the specifics:

- Jan 2023 - 2022 status was Gold. Screenshot of the lifetime status page shows 8 years as Platimum
- Mid 2023 - Status changed to Platinum due to Bonvoy Brilliant card.
- Jan 2024 - Qualified for Platinum with nights (status also renewed through Bonvoy Brilliant card)
- March 2024 - Platinum count still shows 8 years.

Based on some other posts, it seems count change might not happen till end of March. But some other comments I read seem to suggest this will happen only after a full year has elapsed since achieving the most recent platinum status. Just looking to see if anyone has recent datapoint on this type of scenario.

Thanks
I don't think you can do this with 'time points'. For some reason Marriott uses different times when they add +1 for status years, probably the way and when you (re)-qualify. For me, as much as it looked like at some time it didn't match, it eventually always caught up with what made sense.
samplat likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 4:31 pm
HNS

Programs: Flying Blue, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Delta SkyMiles
My counter showed 9 years last March. I qualified for Platinum before December, but this year’s counter is still at 9 years. Marriott support says it’s correct. I can’t even…

unrelated: i remember during the spg merger that spg plats/golds double dipped that year (2 plat years), but I can’t find the relevant documentation anywhere
Old Mar 14, 2024, 5:49 pm

I was 3 years and 20 nights short of Lifetime Platinum. To make that shortfall, I got the Amex Bonvoy Brilliant card last year, upon which my counter moved from 7 to 8. However, come this March, it is still sitting at 8. Can anyone help shed some insight on when the counter moves for Amex card based status? Is it associated with payment of yearly fee? Thanks.

EDIT: I Jumped the gun on my question without reading some other posts, i think i have my answer based on cfischer's feedback to samplat's similar question.

Last edited by WrLdTrvLnIndian; Mar 14, 2024 at 5:59 pm Reason: answer to my question was in a few posts above
Old Mar 16, 2024, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by HNS
My counter showed 9 years last March. I qualified for Platinum before December, but this year’s counter is still at 9 years. Marriott support says it’s correct. I can’t even…
same here... can't argue with their IT. However, since I re-qualified for platinum/titanium in 2023, does this mean it'll be 10y in 2025, or do I need to re-qualify in 2024 as well?
Old Mar 18, 2024, 6:04 am
HNS

Programs: Flying Blue, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by randomdude
same here... can't argue with their IT. However, since I re-qualified for platinum/titanium in 2023, does this mean it'll be 10y in 2025, or do I need to re-qualify in 2024 as well?
i mean… you can. I’ve sent them yearly screenshots of my counter updating every year until last year, when it went to 9. Having qualified in 2023, my expectation is for the counter to update to 10.

shame we don’t have lurkers anymore, they were very helpful
Old Mar 18, 2024, 10:04 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by HNS
i mean… you can. I’ve sent them yearly screenshots of my counter updating every year until last year, when it went to 9. Having qualified in 2023, my expectation is for the counter to update to 10.

shame we don’t have lurkers anymore, they were very helpful
After being told by Marriott IT that my total was correct and the correspondence was "final"... I sent them the email confirmations of each year I qualified for platinum (all 10 of them, they were claiming 9)... I got no response, then 2 months later (in early 2024) my counter ticked to 10 magically and I got the emails and even got the LTP gift (see above in the thread). No idea if my emails worked... or if their archaic IT system finally updated (my counter has been wrong for a while... and I also got the email a few years ago that it was wrong and they fixed it)
samosa and JfromTheBay like this.

Last edited by uppereastsider; Mar 21, 2024 at 3:30 pm
Old Mar 26, 2024, 11:52 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
When do the lifetime counter statistics get updated ?
It's the end of March now, and my "Years as Platinum Elite" totals are the same as a year ago, despite re-qualifying in 2023.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Mar 26, 2024 at 11:57 am
Old Mar 28, 2024, 12:48 pm

Programs: A: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTTi | IHG PLT| Avis PC | Nat'l Emerald Club EE
Originally Posted by rylan
Yeah the luggage tags are actually kind of nice... received my LT Titanium ones last year some time in the fall when they started sending tags out. I'll only use them for carry-on since I don't trust that they'd vanish from a checked bag, since you can't qualify for LT Titanium any more.
Interesting...I've been off the road for some time, but have been LT Ti since they created it and never received tags of any flavor. Is this something one has to request?
supatight80 likes this.

Last edited by AAir_head; Mar 28, 2024 at 12:48 pm Reason: correction
Old Apr 1, 2024, 1:08 pm

Here's my data point.. Patiently waited until the end of March... Still hasn't updated. LT Plat tracker showed 8yr as of last January 2023, but hasn't incremented for 2024. Bonvoy Elite CC Holder since last Jan.. Customer service just opened a ticket. Will update once I hear back in 3-5 days
Old Apr 3, 2024, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by jrmstr33
Here's my data point.. Patiently waited until the end of March... Still hasn't updated. LT Plat tracker showed 8yr as of last January 2023, but hasn't incremented for 2024. Bonvoy Elite CC Holder since last Jan.. Customer service just opened a ticket. Will update once I hear back in 3-5 days
May I ask how you contacted CS to submit the ticket? Was it just a phone call? I was at 9 years last January, actually made Titanium in 2023, but ticker stayed at 9. I’m still short of 600 nights, so not sure if that is the reason.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 2:00 am

Programs: ex-SPG Platinum, Marriott LG, *G United
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
When do the lifetime counter statistics get updated ?
It's the end of March now, and my "Years as Platinum Elite" totals are the same as a year ago, despite re-qualifying in 2023.
Same. I have been at > 900 nights and '9 years Platinum' for at least/about(?) 2 years now, despite reaching +plat status in 2022, 2023, and again already in 2024. My ambassador could not help with this when I asked.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by babypuwet
May I ask how you contacted CS to submit the ticket? Was it just a phone call? I was at 9 years last January, actually made Titanium in 2023, but ticker stayed at 9. I’m still short of 600 nights, so not sure if that is the reason.
I called the main CS and the rep opened a ticket on my behalf. I heard back yesterday (within the 3-5 day window) and was told the counter was correct. I challenged them and provided a screenshot of my LT tracker on their app from last March showing 8 years. Will update here again once I hear back.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 6:45 am

Does the counter not update if you requalify via the Brilliant? I opened it last December since I didn't have enough nights last year. But I'm still stuck at 9.

Has anyone successfully gotten a favorably outcome from contacting Marriott?
Old Apr 5, 2024, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Shunted
Does the counter not update if you requalify via the Brilliant? I opened it last December since I didn't have enough nights last year. But I'm still stuck at 9.

Has anyone successfully gotten a favorably outcome from contacting Marriott?
The IT around the counter is crazy. The year you upgrade it updates immediately. If you maintain the next year it doesnt update until the following year. So year 10 will not show for another year, but Brilliant will count
SPN Lifer and gudugan like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.