Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2018 4th Quarter MegaBonus promo, 26 Sept - 31 Jan 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Sign in to Marriott.com in order to be able to see the promo and register:
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/promotion.mi?promotion=FB18
  • Stay at any of our participating hotels and resorts worldwide between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019.
  • Earn 2,000 bonus points on all stays* of two or more nights and 1,000 bonus points per brand, starting with your second brand.
  • Play our game 29 Ways to Stay from October 11 through November 8 to learn more about our 29 brands and for the chance to win prizes, including points and free nights.**
  • Register by January 7, 2019
Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points.

Finer print:
*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.

Registration is required. Marriott Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards (“Loyalty Program”) members who register for this promotion by January 7, 2019 will earn 2,000 bonus points per stay on stays of 2 or more nights at participating brands. Plus, members can earn an additional 1,000 bonus points per brand starting with the second brand at which the member stays during the promotion earning period. The promotion earning period is for stays between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019, at participating Marriott Rewards, SPG and Ritz-Carlton properties. A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion. The member receiving this offer has been targeted and the offer is not transferable. Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account up to six weeks after the promotion ends. Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating brands, visit https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Loyalty Program terms and conditions apply. See https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit www.Marriott.com/MorePlaces or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.

Clarification from Starwood Lurker in post 125:
  1. In regards to the part of the offer where you can earn 1,000 points for trying a new brand…There is no minimum length of stay, but you only earn it starting with the second brand. So if you only stay at one brand during the promo period, you will not earn this bonus. But if you stay at 2 or more brands, you will earn 1,000 points for each of those brands after the first one even if the stay is only one night.
  2. You earn on every stay of 2+ nights, so it isn’t about accumulating nights. If you have two stays of 1 night each, you will not earn a bonus. If you have two accounts, you may register for MegaBonus with either or both accounts. You will only be able to earn with one account at a time because you will earn the bonus points in whichever account the stay was booked with. Example: If you have two accounts that are not combined: If you register for MegaBonus with your SPG number and stay with your SPG number, you will earn the bonus points in your SPG account. If you register for MegaBonus with your SPG number but book your stay with your MR number, you will not earn bonus points.
Print Wikipost

2018 4th Quarter MegaBonus promo, 26 Sept - 31 Jan 2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2019, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by lingua101
I haven’t seen the bonus points posted to my account. Also how to see the details as it shows I only earn 2000 points
The 2000 points is for staying 2+ nights and would have posted under the hotel stay where you earned it in the EXTRA category. The brand bonus has not posted yet.
txpenny likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by margarita girl
The 2000 points is for staying 2+ nights and would have posted under the hotel stay where you earned it in the EXTRA category. The brand bonus has not posted yet.
Good grief.

Thanks, MG. You should just add this to your signature until the 6-8 weeks stated in the promo's T&C pass.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:47 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
This is what I see in the promotion. I suspect this what will post. how can I see the details?

So are you saying this 2000 points is from that 1 made one >=2 nights stay and exclude the brand promo?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is what I see in the promotion. I suspect this what will post. how can I see the details?

So are you saying this 2000 points is from that 1 made one >=2 nights stay and exclude the brand promo?
Yes. Those points are already in your account. All that’s missing is the brand promo now. See post # 573 and 576 for a more detailed explanation.

Last edited by margarita girl; Feb 25, 2019 at 4:49 am
Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:12 am

Yes. Those points are already in your account. All that’s missing is the brand promo now. See post # 573 and 576 for a more detailed explanation.

I don’t see those 2000 bonus points on my accounts
Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver

They are bundled into the points you earned for the qualifying stay. You won't see a detailed breakdown like SPG used to have.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As sfozrhfco says, they are lumped in under the EXTRA category for the actual stay. Figure out where you had a 2 night stay and look at the points you got.

Honestly, Marriott‘s crappy IT makes it a full time job to explain where they hide stuff. Why did the Walmart of hotels ever think they could take on more hotels?
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:38 pm

As sfozrhfco says, they are lumped in under the EXTRA category for the actual stay. Figure out where you had a 2 night stay and look at the points you got.

Honestly, Marriott‘s crappy IT makes it a full time job to explain where they hide stuff. Why did the Walmart of hotels ever think they could take on more hotels?
ah ok.... thanks margarita girl and sfozrhfco. now i saw that my sheraton tokyo which was on 3 seperate booking for 3 nights have 3000 bonus points... i thought this was like 3 x 1000 welcome points
margarita girl likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: None - previously UA
So I had one two night stay and a couple of subsequent 1 night stays at different brands? Am I eligible for the 1K points at the the other brands, those didn't post.
  • Stay at any of our participating hotels and resorts worldwide between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019.
  • Earn 2,000 bonus points on all stays* of two or more nights and 1,000 bonus points per brand, starting with your second brand.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:10 am
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
So I had one two night stay and a couple of subsequent 1 night stays at different brands? Am I eligible for the 1K points at the the other brands, those didn't post.
As a reminder, brand bonuses earned from MegaBonus in More Places will be added to members’ account up to six weeks after the promotion ends. The promotion ended on 1/31/19, so please expect brand bonuses to appear in your account over the next few weeks, no later than 3/14/19. Thank you for your patience!
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
As a reminder, brand bonuses earned from MegaBonus in More Places will be added to members’ account up to six weeks after the promotion ends. The promotion ended on 1/31/19, so please expect brand bonuses to appear in your account over the next few weeks, no later than 3/14/19. Thank you for your patience!
Thank you for adding that info to this thread. VERY helpful.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
I did not have multi-night stays, but had multiple brands. And same here, no brand bonuses posted yet.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 1:44 am

Programs: M&M (LX/LH) Silver, Marriott Platinum, Accor Silver, AF/KL Silver, Swiss Railway
I have made three qualifying stays (2+ nights) during the promotion. I have received the 6'000 points but no brand bonus yet.
Does the brand bonus only qualify when it is with a minumum 2 night stay? Does it also count for a 1 night stay in a new brand?
Old Feb 27, 2019, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Gigantor
I have made three qualifying stays (2+ nights) during the promotion. I have received the 6'000 points but no brand bonus yet.
Does the brand bonus only qualify when it is with a minumum 2 night stay? Does it also count for a 1 night stay in a new brand?
read post # 595....

brand bonus had no minimum night requirement....even 1 night stays were eligible....
Gigantor and barracuda93 like this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:44 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
It looks like the 1,000-point brand bonuses have begun to post. Of course, mine is not correct (short by a few thousand). I would double check those calculations.

Unless I'm missing something, it should be 1,000 bonus points for every new brand, starting with the second brand, plus 10,000 bonus points for 10 brands and 29,000 bonus points for staying at all 29 brands.

EDIT: After further examination, it looks like they counted only stays of two nights or more. If I do that, I get the number of points that I see posted. Of course, my understanding is that 1-night stays should have counted for the brand bonus, even if it didn't count for the 2,000 bonus points. Ugh....Marriott Elite Services says they've opened a "ticket" and that I should receive some communication within 3-5 days. It's like Marriott is actively trying to annoy and alienate its most loyal customers.
C17PSGR likes this.

Last edited by flyingeph12; Feb 28, 2019 at 12:50 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.