Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2018 4th Quarter MegaBonus promo, 26 Sept - 31 Jan 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Sign in to Marriott.com in order to be able to see the promo and register:
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/promotion.mi?promotion=FB18
  • Stay at any of our participating hotels and resorts worldwide between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019.
  • Earn 2,000 bonus points on all stays* of two or more nights and 1,000 bonus points per brand, starting with your second brand.
  • Play our game 29 Ways to Stay from October 11 through November 8 to learn more about our 29 brands and for the chance to win prizes, including points and free nights.**
  • Register by January 7, 2019
Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points.

Finer print:
*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.

Registration is required. Marriott Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards (“Loyalty Program”) members who register for this promotion by January 7, 2019 will earn 2,000 bonus points per stay on stays of 2 or more nights at participating brands. Plus, members can earn an additional 1,000 bonus points per brand starting with the second brand at which the member stays during the promotion earning period. The promotion earning period is for stays between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019, at participating Marriott Rewards, SPG and Ritz-Carlton properties. A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion. The member receiving this offer has been targeted and the offer is not transferable. Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account up to six weeks after the promotion ends. Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating brands, visit https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Loyalty Program terms and conditions apply. See https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit www.Marriott.com/MorePlaces or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.

Clarification from Starwood Lurker in post 125:
  1. In regards to the part of the offer where you can earn 1,000 points for trying a new brand…There is no minimum length of stay, but you only earn it starting with the second brand. So if you only stay at one brand during the promo period, you will not earn this bonus. But if you stay at 2 or more brands, you will earn 1,000 points for each of those brands after the first one even if the stay is only one night.
  2. You earn on every stay of 2+ nights, so it isn’t about accumulating nights. If you have two stays of 1 night each, you will not earn a bonus. If you have two accounts, you may register for MegaBonus with either or both accounts. You will only be able to earn with one account at a time because you will earn the bonus points in whichever account the stay was booked with. Example: If you have two accounts that are not combined: If you register for MegaBonus with your SPG number and stay with your SPG number, you will earn the bonus points in your SPG account. If you register for MegaBonus with your SPG number but book your stay with your MR number, you will not earn bonus points.
Print Wikipost

2018 4th Quarter MegaBonus promo, 26 Sept - 31 Jan 2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:54 am

Called US Line because I had time today, awarded 19k points immediately.

CSO tried pushing that it'll only be posted 6 weeks after promotion ends.
I pushed back stating that it was already posted on 28 Feb.

3 seconds later he said ok how many points are owed, I said 19k. He said OK, it was added.

I don't think the guy even looked into it - honestly speaking.

Last edited by Yunnnn; Mar 4, 2019 at 10:50 am
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Doesn't seem to be mentioned on the Wiki - is the 10/29 bonus part of the 29 Ways to Stay?

​​​​​I finally received 2K for the promo under 1K BK, which should have been 9K.

​​​​​​
​​​​​
Old Mar 4, 2019, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
sent an email to my ambassador about the missing points....hopefully she should be able to get them to post without any problems....
Old Mar 4, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott LT Titanium, '20 Ambassador
Called the plat/titanium line, agent offered to open an investigation for me and seemed completely unaware of the issue regarding brands with 1 night stays. Gave up and accepted the investigation number for today, may try again tomorrow.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 11:20 am

Programs: AC Aeroplan SE, Marriott LTPPE
4th Quarter Promo - missing points

I too have emailed my ambassador inquiring about the missing points. Hopefully she will respond to me today with good news.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
It seems everything ok then and clear they are giving all what promised

actually I have emailed Marriot CC with screenshot of my stays under this promo

waiting they manage, or will call after the middle of March

Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Yunnnn
Called US Line because I had time today, awarded 19k points immediately.

CSO tried pushing that it'll only be posted 6 weeks after promotion ends.
I pushed back stating that it was already posted on 28 Feb.

3 seconds later he said ok how many points are owed, I said 19k. He said OK, it was added.

I don't think the guy even looked into it - honestly speaking.
I called Marriott twice yesterday to get my missing stays posted to my account and then followed up on the missing points. The CSR manually posted the stays however said she couldn't help out with the promo as there was still "two weeks" left for them to post any additional points that might be missing.

Somewhat frustrating to see mixed results on here especially with HUACA.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: FB Plat, SPG Plat
As a point of data, I called today since I had a few stays of 1 night that didn't count in the brand bonus and the CSR I spoke to basically just validated that all of the hotels I stayed at were "participating" in the promotion (they were) and then he awarded me the points right away as "Adjustment - Positive".

It really seems like this is a HUCA scenario where some agents don't know what is happening.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
As a point of reference, are you guys just asking for the missing points for the different brands part of the promotion, or are you also asking for the 10K for the 10 stays as well? Are we still waiting on the latter as a separate issue?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
As a point of reference, are you guys just asking for the missing points for the different brands part of the promotion, or are you also asking for the 10K for the 10 stays as well? Are we still waiting on the latter as a separate issue?
I asked for both at the same time.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
asking for both....
Old Mar 4, 2019, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Keyser
sent an email to my ambassador about the missing points....hopefully she should be able to get them to post without any problems....
my ambassador was out of the office so i got a response from another ambassador who went ahead & posted the missing 22k points....the activity posted as 'q4 2018 megabonus in more places'....
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Marriott Platinum
I had 4 different brands and was credited 1,000 so I was missing 2,000. I called in and was told initially to wait a couple more weeks for the additional points to post.

I HUACA and talked to an agent who calculated my missing points at 3,000 (likely counting the first one) and gave me 5,000 total to account for my trouble of calling in.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:36 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan SE, Marriott LTPPE
4th quarter Mega Bonus mess

Ok now im a little miffed. I heard back from my Ambassador via email after I requested my missing miles from this promo and she reported as follows:

The way you would count the brands is any stays where you earned the Mega Bonus points for the stay itself are the only brands that count because the stays have to fall within the parameters of the promotion which means it has to be a stay over two nights and a paid stay with an eligible rate.

I guess a phone call is now warranted...frustrating
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Got my missing 3K points plus 10K for my whining

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.