Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2018 4th Quarter MegaBonus promo, 26 Sept - 31 Jan 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Sign in to Marriott.com in order to be able to see the promo and register:
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/promotion.mi?promotion=FB18
  • Stay at any of our participating hotels and resorts worldwide between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019.
  • Earn 2,000 bonus points on all stays* of two or more nights and 1,000 bonus points per brand, starting with your second brand.
  • Play our game 29 Ways to Stay from October 11 through November 8 to learn more about our 29 brands and for the chance to win prizes, including points and free nights.**
  • Register by January 7, 2019
Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points.

Finer print:
*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.

Registration is required. Marriott Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards (“Loyalty Program”) members who register for this promotion by January 7, 2019 will earn 2,000 bonus points per stay on stays of 2 or more nights at participating brands. Plus, members can earn an additional 1,000 bonus points per brand starting with the second brand at which the member stays during the promotion earning period. The promotion earning period is for stays between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019, at participating Marriott Rewards, SPG and Ritz-Carlton properties. A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion. The member receiving this offer has been targeted and the offer is not transferable. Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account up to six weeks after the promotion ends. Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating brands, visit https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Loyalty Program terms and conditions apply. See https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit www.Marriott.com/MorePlaces or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.

Clarification from Starwood Lurker in post 125:
  1. In regards to the part of the offer where you can earn 1,000 points for trying a new brand…There is no minimum length of stay, but you only earn it starting with the second brand. So if you only stay at one brand during the promo period, you will not earn this bonus. But if you stay at 2 or more brands, you will earn 1,000 points for each of those brands after the first one even if the stay is only one night.
  2. You earn on every stay of 2+ nights, so it isn’t about accumulating nights. If you have two stays of 1 night each, you will not earn a bonus. If you have two accounts, you may register for MegaBonus with either or both accounts. You will only be able to earn with one account at a time because you will earn the bonus points in whichever account the stay was booked with. Example: If you have two accounts that are not combined: If you register for MegaBonus with your SPG number and stay with your SPG number, you will earn the bonus points in your SPG account. If you register for MegaBonus with your SPG number but book your stay with your MR number, you will not earn bonus points.
Print Wikipost

2018 4th Quarter MegaBonus promo, 26 Sept - 31 Jan 2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What's this "completed profile" requirement? Some information is none of their business.

Yes it is interesting. It's also interesting that the competition is not been offered to residents of countries where personal data and the use and protection of that data is now closely protected. Coincidence?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Lame compared to prior Megabonuses from years past.
Probably because they spent their whole budget on IT overages after 8/18 .

Agree that the sweepstakes could have potential as the lowest prize appears to be 20,000 points (USD$180 value) with 1 in 2 winning if I'm reading it correctly (though the link to the detailed sweepstakes rules doesn't work). I haven't combined my accounts yet, so have registered both my MR and SPG accounts which, presumably, gives me two shots at winning. Again, how to enter is not very clear, particularly without the sweepstakes rules available.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:52 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I'm guessing some consultant came in and said all those 'stay' based promotions with people just staying 1 night was costing us money, and we don't really want to give those people who stay the entire work week much extra, so we'll pick '2 nights' as a minimum to screw them both. I'd agree, a pretty underwhelming promotion designed to give very little away... it wasn't that long ago it was just a handful of nights and stays and you could earn an old cat 1-5 stay.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:21 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Wow, who knew that the thing to bring ex-SPG and ex-MR members on flyertalk together in agreement would be a lame megabonus offering?!

(Though slightly works out for me, I have a 1-week stay this fall that I'm thinking I might break up into several shorter stays at different properties. Hoping that the sweepstakes with 1:2 odds on a points prize is better, but I'm not holding out too much hope at the moment)
EuropeanPete likes this.

Last edited by ryw; Sep 12, 2018 at 12:31 pm
Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by joakgarp
Feels truly like Marriott is on auto pilot right now and will be until the new program launches in the beginning of next year.
Hopefully they will then start the new program with a bang and launch a massive promotion. By then, business as usual and tired promotions.
I see very little difference between marriott and Hilton. Both are big companies with large foot prints and very little, personalized service. I guess the reason I chose SPG was because of it;s smaller size.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
I am seriously considering staying away from the forum for the time being. I have never in my life seen such complaining about something they don't have to do.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by LostInTranslation
I get the same error message. I also don't see a "promotion central" spot - can you direct me to where you see that?
I can't seem to find it either, and no "Promotion Central" -- I see "Deals and Packages" but nothing there about this...?

If I click the link directly I see:

You may have received this message because the page you seek is no longer available on the Marriott website.
If you wish to make a hotel reservation, please use the Find & Reserve search card.
You can also try using the links listed below to find the page you’re looking for. Or, go to the home page and try navigating from there.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA - 1K 1MM; Hyatt - Explorist; Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
Given the state of their technology situation, why would they make this promotion so complex? I understand from a marketing perspective the desire to have members try the expanded brand portfolio, but come on. I have very limited belief that they'll be able to cross reference the branding component to award appropriate points.

Also agree with the trend that the overall value is extremely weak.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 1:43 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by vandalby
Given the state of their technology situation, why would they make this promotion so complex? I understand from a marketing perspective the desire to have members try the expanded brand portfolio, but come on. I have very limited belief that they'll be able to cross reference the branding component to award appropriate points.

Also agree with the trend that the overall value is extremely weak.
It should be possible with their existing system - the 2017 summer megabonus also had a brand-based bonus (in addition to bonus points per stay). Though last year they gave 2000 points for every unique brand stayed at after your first.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Lizie
Yes it is interesting. It's also interesting that the competition is not been offered to residents of countries where personal data and the use and protection of that data is now closely protected. Coincidence?
Perhaps it is not being offered to Canadian residents, as I don't see it either.

...Just like the pre-merger Canadian Plat. Premiers NOT being eligible for the yearly gifts.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by estedman
I am seriously considering staying away from the forum for the time being. I have never in my life seen such complaining about something they don't have to do.
If ONLY Marriott offered promos, and NO other hotel chains did, then I think you would have a fair point. Something better than nothing, deal with it.

But alas that is not the reality of hotel dynamics. Especially coming off a disastrous month for the company.
tomwhom likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I don't stay at high-end Hilton properties, so the 3x part of the promotion is lost on me. However, if I concentrate on Hilton for the quarter I'll still be getting 2x points, as well as nights toward the elite Milestone bonuses at every 10 nights, starting at 40 (nearly there).
Not to mention the Lufthansa 2.5k miles per stay until Oct 31. Having already qualified for PP for 2019, I was planning on moving my stays to Hilton at least until then. Now with this joke of a promo, I'm staying away for the remainder of the year...
Old Sep 12, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors LTDia, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by yurtripper
The registration page is down for me, whether I'm signed in or not: "We’re sorry, but there was an error in directing you to this promotion."

From the comments, doesn't look like I'm missing much (all my remaining SPG/MR stays to year end will be 1-nighters).
Same here:

Please correct the following and try again.

We're sorry, but it's not possible to register for or view progress in Marriott Rewards member promotions at this time. Please try again later. Thank you for your patience
Old Sep 12, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 4MM; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Multi-night stays

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
surely they can't have a promo focused on two night stays? I have 100 actual nights this year but probably 80 or more stays. Who has a lot of two night or more stays that is a business traveler?
All the professional services/consultants I know usually stay 3-4 nights per trip. Sales, on the other hand, is more a night here, a night there.

--woodstock
Old Sep 12, 2018, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by johnston21
Perhaps it is not being offered to Canadian residents, as I don't see it either.

...Just like the pre-merger Canadian Plat. Premiers NOT being eligible for the yearly gifts.
Open to legal residents of the 50 US/DC/PR, AR (excluding MZ, NQ, RN, SA, & TF), CA, CL, CN, CR, DE, DO, FR, HK, IN, JP, KP, MX, NL, PE, UK, ZA

I think the CA stands for Canada, plus we are exempt from taxation on contest winnings.

I believe this is the first time on FT that we are in agreement that this is a terrible promotion for everyone. Usually some people love a particular promo while others hate it.
C17PSGR likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.