Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott’s rocky rollout of new combined program not covered by bloggers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott’s rocky rollout of new combined program not covered by bloggers

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:19 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Compared to the other bloggers - yes.
A very low standard.
smc333 likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:24 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Is there ever anything mentioned on these blogs that isn’t mentioned here first?
Two of the more popular bloggers (and apparently the favorite bloggers of some here) are known scrapers of FT posts and threads.
C17PSGR, cruisr and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by dayone
Two of the more popular bloggers (and apparently the favorite bloggers of some here) are known scrapers of FT posts and threads.
Which means they are fully aware of all the merger issues being discussed here.

There's clearly been some sort of concerted effort on Marriott's part to suppress not just criticism but even mention of these issues.
cruisr, imverge, jrm68 and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Really pathetic. They were all endlessly droning on with their predictions of how to get a windfall with the TP Certs and they were all pretty much wrong. Now, nothing.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
Which means they are fully aware of all the merger issues being discussed here.

There's clearly been some sort of concerted effort on Marriott's part to suppress not just criticism but even mention of these issues.
Good call-out of Lucky! I like him a lot but agreed he has fallen short on this one.

Gary did just have another article where he semi-calls out Marriott
Kacee likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:12 pm

They are probably all hacking away at the keyboard figuring out how to pump the new Luxury AMEX dog.
hockeystl, C17PSGR, cruisr and 3 others like this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Most of what they publish seems to come from FT. But ... if they were trying to drive views, and potentials for clicks, an interview with someone from Marriott asking a few questions on how things are going, etc. would drive a lot of views.

Of course, in terms of silence, I'm very surprised I haven't been getting at least an update or two through a broadcast email. Seems pretty odd that they haven't done that.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Of course, in terms of silence, I'm very surprised I haven't been getting at least an update or two through a broadcast email. Seems pretty odd that they haven't done that.
Instead they've elected to go the status.marriott.com route. But of course that just says that all systems are now a go - and, oh, yes, your LT status may be reflected incorrectly.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by TomBrady
I do SAP implementations all the time. A lot of these issues should have been worked out during the mocks and QA's. By day 5 of the implementation we should be further along than we are. On the other hand, we have no clue how many fires they put out to even get to this point. All in all, im personally disappointed in the roll out, but if everything is good by end of next week, I will consider this somewhat successful from a technical standpoint..
We did an internal HANA implementation recently and took our internal teams 3+ months to fix all the bugs, with more than one year of planning. I believe this comes down to the size of the enterprise, historic ERM systems etc. No comments on Marriott PR but I share the frustration here with confused status/lifetime status etc.

Back to the road next week and hopefully it will be smooth again.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:09 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by EVA777
They are probably all hacking away at the keyboard figuring out how to pump the new Luxury AMEX dog.
lol Lucky already has two articles on it.
cruisr likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:31 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Talking

Originally Posted by Kacee
lol Lucky already has two articles on it.
this guy is not a travel blogger. He is a credit card promoter who aside that travels.
Useless reading.

Tpg is even worth. I sometimes wonder if he does not have a PR contract with Marriott.

Regarding aviation I think Sam chui is the winner. This guy does not fly if it’s not sponsored or press or media trip.

Flyertalk is a much better source and anyway they use flyertalk as a media agency and copy mast.
cruisr and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
We did an internal HANA implementation recently and took our internal teams 3+ months to fix all the bugs, with more than one year of planning. I believe this comes down to the size of the enterprise, historic ERM systems etc. No comments on Marriott PR but I share the frustration here with confused status/lifetime status etc.

Back to the road next week and hopefully it will be smooth again.
this is my experience as well. And often with a controlled audience. here you have people who try to combine, have an issue and proceed to do it 40 times more while complaining that they spent 40 times doing it.

I understand its frustrating, but unless you NEED to act on it, wait. This isnt any different than people who complain that the wait times are horrible for airlines when theres a giant snow storm wrecking the east coast - sorry your miles didnt post, but is now really the time you HAVE to fix it?

I guess I just see this as a lot of teeth gnashing over a short term first world problem.

marriott should be better at communicating though. Status.marriott.com is useless as it doesnt seem to live report common bugs or issues.
pvn likes this.

Last edited by Antarius; Aug 24, 2018 at 12:36 am
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:32 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Yes. If in doubt, DO NOT MERGE regardless of what Starriott tells you now. Unless you anticipate clear advantages to you from merging accounts, just.don't.do.it.
miles4CDG and Antarius like this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 2:18 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
It is a bit of a shame that travel blogging at the successful end has moved from being a hobbyist service to being a commercial enterprise. Perhaps the lack of coverage can remind us that we are not the customers or audience of the travel bloggers, we are the product being sold.
amanuensis, cruisr and jrm68 like this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 2:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by frenchft

this guy is not a travel blogger. He is a credit card promoter who aside that travels.
Useless reading.

Tpg is even worth. I sometimes wonder if he does not have a PR contract with Marriott.

Regarding aviation I think Sam chui is the winner. This guy does not fly if it’s not sponsored or press or media trip.

Flyertalk is a much better source and anyway they use flyertalk as a media agency and copy mast.
so true on Sam. On top of that he lied to everyone when he said he worked in investment banking when in reality he worked in IT at an investment fund and was fired after people at work caught onto this antics.

Its as rich as TPG saying he worked in investment banking at Morgan Stanley when we as an HR rep
SeaHawg and flockavelliFT like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.