Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott’s rocky rollout of new combined program not covered by bloggers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott’s rocky rollout of new combined program not covered by bloggers

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Marriott Silenced Bloggers?

Anyone noticed that none of the regular travel/miles bloggers has posted anything regarding the merger in the last couple of days?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Yes.

OMAAT has a “how to combine” article but shockingly little on the state of the merger operations of the past week. Odd as this is the single biggest thing going on in the loyalty space at the moment.
BarrieTravelGuy and ohiosux like this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 12:46 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by imverge
Anyone noticed that none of the regular travel/miles bloggers has posted anything regarding the merger in the last couple of days?
Marriott stuffed their mouths with $$ so they only say what Marriott wants them to say.
I recall a popular blogger who trumpeted that this merger was a big win / positive for members back in mid-April.. then again, I suppose you can't really have an exclusive interview with a Marriott SVP, then turn around and trash the company.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Ya, I thought it was suspicious that they all went silent all of a sudden, especially since they were all over the merger up until a few days ago.
cruisr, roubaolic and SeaHawg like this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:01 pm

Ya, I thought it was suspicious that they all went silent all of a sudden, especially since they were all over the merger up until a few days ago.
Considering how the merger has been plagued with all sorts of negative issues: combined totals being incorrect for a while, not all benefits fully merged, uncertainty over newly minted Plat Premiers and their 50/75 night benefit choices, reservations are still wonky...
You'd think the big bloggers would be all over it like flies to rotting meat.
C17PSGR, cruisr and allset2travel like this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by izzik
Considering how the merger has been plagued with all sorts of negative issues: combined totals being incorrect for a while, not all benefits fully merged, uncertainty over newly minted Plat Premiers and their 50/75 night benefit choices, reservations are still wonky...
You'd think the big bloggers would be all over it like flies to rotting meat.
Totally agree! Especially since all of them are Marriott/SPG members themselves.
cruisr and Adamantus like this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:12 pm

Totally agree! Especially since all of them are Marriott/SPG members themselves.
So the takeaway is that these bloggers are in cahoots with hotels (and credit cards, airlines, etc).. shocker!
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
There hasn't been much to report honestly. Some IT issues. The people who seem most affected are likely on this forum hitting F5 in their browser every minute to combine accounts. Look at the combine thread.

What value would we get on these blogs? Large IT merger, some problems reported as expected?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
100% no question about it
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I expected some blogging about the LTPP/LTP (possible) controversy. In fact, I'm shocked I haven't seen anything about it.
cruisr likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Yes, but only after they let them book the all-suite properties at standard rates and post about it. Then the "glitch" happened preventing everyone else from doing so.
cruisr likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Lol did you guys see this deleted tweet by Marriott?

https://imgur.com/a/oTlVwWP
cruisr, BCH, texdoc and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Antarius
There hasn't been much to report honestly. Some IT issues. The people who seem most affected are likely on this forum hitting F5 in their browser every minute to combine accounts. Look at the combine thread.

What value would we get on these blogs? Large IT merger, some problems reported as expected?
Not much to report?

1) Points for stays not posting
2) Travel Packages not redeemable at Starwood properties
3) 50/75 night award benefit not selectable
4) Confirmed points reservations booked prior to 8/18 now higher
5) Amex points not posting
6) Category 7 hotels not bookable for listed 60K points
7) And so on, and so on...

Some IT issues? see above
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I posted the question to Gary in the VFTW post today in the SPG card pump article. I find him to be a straight shooter...will report back if he replies.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I've noticed this for days. They're simply ignoring all the issues and problems. No chance it's coincidence.
beltway, C17PSGR, cruisr and 3 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.