Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott’s rocky rollout of new combined program not covered by bloggers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott’s rocky rollout of new combined program not covered by bloggers

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:02 pm
soy

Programs: various
Looks like VFTW is the first to jump, latest post is the first negative (realistic) comment on the current fiasco
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by soy
Looks like VFTW is the first to jump, latest post is the first negative (realistic) comment on the current fiasco
Link?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:37 pm
soy

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...148.1385784530

does not cover everything, but it’s a start....
Old Sep 4, 2018, 11:47 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by soy

Originally Posted by View From the Wing
Patience Over For Marriott-Starwood Integration: Lifetime Status Must Be Re-Earned Each Year?
Note the false, deliberately deceptive clickbait title.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by soy

Interesting read! When I heard about the SPMarriott integration I was somewhat concerned about whether lifetime status would go the way of the dodo bird. At the same time, when I read up on the changes to SPMarriott I was reassured that lifetime status was not going away. Now that I've read this article I'm shocked that SPMarriott is secretly doing away with lifetime status. I suppose I'll just burn up the SPMarriott certs and points in the meantime while aiming to earn Hilton lifetime status now, since Hilton Gold still seems viable and within my reach (i.e. 20 stays per year) .

It's good to see there's one influencer who is willing to stick their neck out on this one!

-James
Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:23 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by j2simpso
Interesting read! When I heard about the SPMarriott integration I was somewhat concerned about whether lifetime status would go the way of the dodo bird. At the same time, when I read up on the changes to SPMarriott I was reassured that lifetime status was not going away. Now that I've read this article I'm shocked that SPMarriott is secretly doing away with lifetime status. I suppose I'll just burn up the SPMarriott certs and points in the meantime while aiming to earn Hilton lifetime status now, since Hilton Gold still seems viable and within my reach (i.e. 20 stays per year) .

It's good to see there's one influencer who is willing to stick their neck out on this one!

-James
there are certainly legitimate issues regarding the integration but don't you think his comments regarding earning lifetime status each year was simply away of him pointing out the inaccuracies on the website?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:20 am
soy

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
there are certainly legitimate issues regarding the integration but don't you think his comments regarding earning lifetime status each year was simply away of him pointing out the inaccuracies on the website?
Agreed the bit about needing to qualify for lifetime each year is just a clickbait title (that really was not needed). What its really highlighting is that MPG IT is a total mess and there is no end in sight
C17PSGR likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.